• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

I bought WD 1 back in 2003. I got it graded a few months back and it turned out to be a 9.8. I was a bit hesitant on what to do with it. Should I keep it? Should I sell it? I spoke to a couple different hardcore investors, and they both suggested that I dump the book and put the money in silver books that have stood the test of time. Why did both of them suggest this to me? Their reasoning was that no one is really going to care about WD 10 years from now. I think that's accurate, and the whole zombie boom will die off long before that. Of course there will still be those die hard WD fans, but I don't think that alone will be enough to reserve the value of this book. I also think that the value has already hit it's max potential.

you have $40 into the book. selling it is a no brainer.

+1

Sell it, then put $450 into an interest bearing account. Buy the book back in 10 years for $500 when the price comes down.

This. ^^

-slym

Nah, ill buy two for $500 in 10 years.

In case anyone was wondering, i actually did sell the book. I wasnt about to turn down the advice from those investors. I ended up putting the money into some silvers that ive always wanted, but could never afford...until now.

In case anyone was wondering, i actually did sell the book. I wasnt about to turn down the advice from those investors. I ended up putting the money into some silvers that ive always wanted, but could never afford...until now.

If I had bought the book when it came out for cover price...i'd sell it for sure and make that big profilt. Not a doubt.

The cheapest Walking Dead 1 on eBay right now is priced at $2700 (white label)... This is great news, prices are rising fellas so you know what that means, keep on dreaming for you Crash... 9.6 is now priced at $2000.....This is fantastic....

The cheapest Walking Dead 1 on eBay right now is priced at $2700 (white label)... This is great news, prices are rising fellas so you know what that means, keep on dreaming for you Crash... 9.6 is now priced at $2000.....This is fantastic....
hm

I don't dream about any such thing. I just think (as in, IMHO) that over the long-haul it cannot sustain its current value. I have said repeatedly this is a modern key and will always have value. The popularity + the rarity will assure that. I just don't think it will be a $1000+ book forever.

If it is, I have no problem saying "good work" and congratulating you and others that hold on.

:)

-slym

hm

Hulk is a bit passionate... But misguided.

Those are asking prices. Nobody is selling a 9.6 for 2k yet.

marvel-comics-16-print-incredible-hulk-smash-poster-PYRppr45254.jpg

lol

Just messing guys, I know those are asking prices, just wishing here a little bit...

marvel-comics-16-print-incredible-hulk-smash-poster-PYRppr45254.jpg

lol

Just messing guys, I know those are asking prices, just wishing here a little bit...

Wait a couple of weeks and the prices will be way higher than that (thumbs u

In my situation: I bought a 1-25 run off eBay for less than half a 9.8 #1 is going for. Lucky for me the #1 was a 9.8. I have no issues waiting and seeing, while I'm sure the prices won't continue to grow to where I can retire on a yacht, I do have some wiggle room.

hm

Exactly. If you do a completed listings search, you will see that the WD 9.8's are actually only selling for a little over 2k, nowhere near $2700. I think its actually starting to drop a little.

Edited by Darkowl

hm

Exactly. If you do a completed listings search, you will see that the WD 9.8's are actually only selling for a little over 2k, nowhere near $2700. I think its actually starting to drop a little.

90 Day GPA average is $2286. 6 of the last 9 sales have exceeded that amount and 1 of the 3 that didn't was for $2200.

hm

I just posted a page back the completed GPA sales for May so far.

There are at least 12 waaay over 2K.

And 1 over 3K

And its only the 15th of May.

Perhaps it's better to actually read the thread before spouting completely eroneous facts, as it adds nothing to the discussion and lowers your credibility somewhat.

2c

This thread is hilarious.Especially the people who 6 months ago everyone on here were predicting this book was dead in the water - including so called fans (speculators) of the book., Stop looking at this from a comic book nerd perspective. There are still new people that are just discovering TWD. This book will last a lot longer than most will think....

BTW, I have never owned a TWD #1 or any other issues.

hm

I just posted a page back the completed GPA sales for May so far.

There are at least 12 waaay over 2K.

And 1 over 3K

And its only the 15th of May.

Perhaps it's better to actually read the thread before spouting completely eroneous facts, as it adds nothing to the discussion and lowers your credibility somewhat.

2c

I agree , look at the completed GPA sales...