• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

OMG the sky is falling...Anyone stop to think the fact that it is summertime and the show is not on TV at the moment it creating a dip

By my math the last 2 books sold for $125 under 12 month GPA and $225 under 90 day Big deal. The book is still trending up on average. Hence this is why it is an Average

On a long enough timeline... Everything dies.

Why is it considered brilliance when someone says, "oh, that will go down someday."

Companies die, people die, series die. Even GA books that are valuable have been rumored to be going down due to the market dying (literally). Generations of today may/may not care about Golden Oldies of yesterday. I'm not a hater... Just my 2c

Walking dead is cool. October will be exciting.

Why is it considered brilliance when someone says, "oh, that will go down someday."

I don't think anyone claimed that that thought was brilliant. It was more a matter of trying to explain that concept to people who thought that WD was somehow immune to that cycle.

I don't think anyone claimed that that thought was brilliant. It was more a matter of trying to explain that concept to people who thought that WD was somehow immune to that cycle.

No doubt... But it's tiring to read every week gloom and doom predictions. I predict the world will end. Some day, I'll be right. On that day, I'll stand beside all the other Nostradami and say, "told ya."

Then we'll rise into mindless zombie hordes. Called it!

Anyone who bought this book more than 18 months ago has still made $1500.

5 out of the last 7 sales were over $2000.

The sky is still up there apparently.

Edited by Beige

No doubt... But it's tiring to read every week gloom and doom predictions. I predict the world will end. Some day, I'll be right. On that day, I'll stand beside all the other Nostradami and say, "told ya."

meh

I find it hard to accept that people would pay out $2500 bucks on a modern comic book, because they like a TV series.

I think that this book rose on speculation and that supply/demand thing. Not on love or value. How long has speculation value lasted on any other modern books?

Tell me some.

Edited by conditionfreak

OMG the sky is falling...Anyone stop to think the fact that it is summertime and the show is not on TV at the moment it creating a dip

By my math the last 2 books sold for $125 under 12 month GPA and $225 under 90 day Big deal. The book is still trending up on average. Hence this is why it is an Average

So it is the tv show afterall thats supporting the value pillars? How much of a dip will there be when the show ends i wonder???

So it is the tv show afterall thats supporting the value pillars? How much of a dip will there be when the show ends i wonder???

hm

stock_market_crash.jpg

Saga also seems to be going down like the maiden flight of Ray Charles Airlines.

I think Saga will get a bit of a boost once they start releasing issues again... the hiatus has people thinking about other stuff.

That said, this is indicative of the long term... it won't be printed forever, or at least, it won't stay as good as it has been (story-wise) forever.

Regarding WD going down in price. Well GOOD!!!

RV2AOOG.jpg

Hopefully I can fit one in budget before I'm 80.

You just stated the most obvious issue with this book and the reason why I don't think it will ever be a good investment. If the book is falling when the show is out of season, what happens to the value of this book when it is cancelled?

This is why I agree with Harry Rinker's assessment that the value of a collectible is speculative for the first thirty years of it's life.

I am sorry, but Lego Stars Wars made after 2009 are also suffering from this same fate. Way too many were hoarded and the speculators hoarding them are continually dumping them on the secondary market as soon as a set is discontinued hoping for gains. Lego continues to release better and better sets; and then rereleases those sets that once were discontinued in better form.

If you are looking for investment and not a quick flip, look to the early bronze, silver age, and golden era of comic books.

Enormous.

People will lose their homes, children will be pulled from University and housewives will start giving Oral pleasure for $23.99.

Cats and Dogs may even mate.

The anger over this books success is gobsmacking.

If you have one, well done. If not - oh well.

This book has bought more young people into comic book reading than any other for the last 15 years.

Why do you have to make a drama out of it?

Its a solid part of modern day pop-culture and should be embraced as such.

Chill out mate. :foryou: