• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

How do you quantify feverence?

You can not quantify what does not exist. I believe you meant fervent fan base.

If the point of this thread is to predict when the apparent inflationary state of The Walking Dead comic pricing will correct itself, then the thread has a purpose. Many TWD fans would love to own more of the original comic books or art pages, but the inflationary upward market of the past two years makes for a poor investment decision at the current price points.

There will be a market correction at some point. The books and art will never be worthless, but they will certainly revert back to a value that more closely corresponds to a true market value that is not influenced by speculation and hype caused by having a highly popular television show. I look forward to this correction because I will be able to own books and art that are fairly priced.

As a collector this would be great (thumbs u

I'd definitely take the Action 1.

If you made it an equivalent value of Fantastic Four 52s though, I'd have a tough time choosing :D

You may be right, but the books/properties with the shortest history are always the ones to fall the first and the farthest. i.e. Moderns.

In the event of a total market meltdown, which would you rather be holding:

1) A mid-grade CGC copy of Action 1

or

2) The equivalent value in CGC 9.8 TWD #1's

If you answered 2), go hit your head against the wall until you feel like picking 1).

How do you quantify feverence?

You can not quantify what does not exist. I believe you meant fervent fan base.

I wrote that exact sentence as a clarifier literally one sentence before in my post. I totally know feverence is a word that doesn't exist, but there are many things that don't exist on these boards, specifically in Comics General!

Things like rationality, logic, youth, etc.

:jokealert:

If you made it an equivalent value of Fantastic Four 52s though, I'd have a tough time choosing :D

You may be right, but the books/properties with the shortest history are always the ones to fall the first and the farthest. i.e. Moderns.

or

If you answered 2), go hit your head against the wall until you feel like picking 1).

Even the most idiotic/Kool-aid drinking Walking Dead fan would pick the Action 1 over TWD's. Come on, guys.

or

I'd go with the WD #1's, you'd own them all, and control the market. :cloud9:

Jim

or

Even the most idiotic/Kool-aid drinking Walking Dead fan would pick the Action 1 over TWD's. Come on, guys.

hm What flavor Kool-Aid ?

Actually, in the event of a total market meltdown, value is removed from the equation. In that case, the book each individual enjoys the most would be their choice. A fan of TWD would continue to prefer their books..... Superman isn't even remotely close in essence. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The question is kind of geared toward one answer is it not? And it would be for speculators not collectors correct? Who would want that many WD #1's?

I only need one #1 black label and I would be happy. But as a collector if the market went down I would pick action comics to sell and buy more WD OA at its value at the time of the crash. I think it would be hard for me to sell that many WD #1's to buy more WD OA. For me it would be easier to only have to sell one book Action #1. I'm leaning toward Action comic only for the ease of dumping it. But asked If I were to get equal value at the time of the market in WD OA and comics I would pick WD. Either way I would not go with that many #1's...that is crazy.

I hope it does bust, so I can own a #1 not all these stupid WW #1 variants

That's what they all say, then the moment XYZ hot comic crashes, and the specs move to ABC hit comic, suddenly it's not so attractive anymore.

I hope it does bust, so I can own a #1 not all these stupid WW #1 variants

That's what they all say, then the moment XYZ hot comic crashes, and the specs move to ABC hit comic, suddenly it's not so attractive anymore.

You know that some of these "specs" are actually fans, right? If someone's getting into TWD now to make money, they're in the wrong biz, my guy.

EDIT: Also, Aren't these awful specs part of the process? They make bad investments that make you money. You should be thanking us.

YOU'RE WELCOME, JOE.

Edited by ComicsNYC22

You know that some of these "specs" are actually fans, right?

Sorry, but I find it very hard to believe that buyers of CGC 9.8 and 9.9 copies, at current prices, are buying them as "pure fans".