• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

If I left this thread, the average IQ would be cut in half.

Seriously, this is some of the dumbest, pidgin-English-constructed half-sentences in the history of the CGC forums, and I am in awe at the current state of the US educational system. doh!

Get over yourself.... :baiting:

:eyeroll:

That won't work. Fisting, that works.

Just now. BOOM!!!

WRONG! Beanie Babies were once popular. That means they will always be popular! No bust for Beanie Babies! :sumo:

ugh what do you even do with beanie babies?

I have three boxes I just don't know what to do with :pullhair:

Give them to the 5 year old girl who's supposed to own them. :baiting:

I should have sold that royal blue peanut elephant when it was worth 5,000+

beanie babies are wildly_fanciful_statement

Just now. BOOM!!!

WRONG! Beanie Babies were once popular. That means they will always be popular! No bust for Beanie Babies! :sumo:

ugh what do you even do with beanie babies?

I have three boxes I just don't know what to do with :pullhair:

Give them to the 5 year old girl who's supposed to own them. :baiting:

Give them to charity Jim. Feels good to donate.

If I left this thread, the average IQ would be cut in half.

Seriously, this is some of the dumbest, pidgin-English-constructed half-sentences in the history of the CGC forums, and I am in awe at the current state of the US educational system. doh!

Get over yourself.... :baiting:

:eyeroll:

That won't work. Fisting, that works.

zx6XorS.jpg

I had three #1's in 9.8 condition and just sold one last week for $2,100. The comic is still selling strong and will most likely continue to stay strong for a long time. For the last two years I have heard numerous people claiming the comic will go way down in value. Thank god I never listened to them.

I just spent an hour reading some of this thread and I'm surprised how some people really hate this comic. There are some people who are really pissed that it's worth so much which is very bizarre. You would think comic collectors would all hope that the Walking Dead continues to increase in value and the show becomes more and more popular.

Guys the walking dead actually helps the entire comic market. I can't understand why some people hate the success and continue to attack posters that claim the comic's value might rise. The walking dead TV show is a HUGE hit. It's popularity continues to increase and there is no sign that this will not continue. I work for the Federal Government and work with over 100 people. Pretty much every one of them watches and loves the show. Men, women, old people, young people, pretty much everyone watches and likes this show. I can't think of any other show that appeals to so many different groups of people.

In closing the Walking Dead is a top show that will most likely continue for many years. People enjoy the show and IMO pretty much every comic collector should be happy. We actually have one of our comics dominating on TV. This will bring more people to our hobby. The comic is becoming more popular every year and with the low print run of the #1 issue it will most likely remain a big ticket item for years to come(IMO). It's really odd that a comic collector would be hoping for the comic to tank. I have seen a handful of posters always claiming it will and getting upset if anyone disagrees with them. If some people don't think the first issue is a good investment that's fine. Nobody is making you purchase it.

I'm not a Walking Dead hater, but I cannot say it's steep value is a success for our hobby. In fact, I think it has had a negative effect in one regard:

Now everyone and their brother is buying new comics speculating they are going to rise meteorically ala Walking Dead 1. The Walking Dead comics are a rallying cry for the speculators on what is possible for a modern comic that is turned into a TV series or a movie. Since Walking Dead went up a few years ago, the speculation has grown to the point where I would guess many Image #1s are bought solely for speculation, not reading and collecting and this has permeated to other publisher's titles. These same speculators jump on every movie or TV announcement hoping to drive their latest acquisitions up in price. I worry what happens when those speculators leave the hobby. It is creating a false demand for some titles.

With that said, I'm not a Walking Dead reader, but I do follow the TV series. I don't personally care whether the comic is worth $1 or $10,000 as I'm not in the market for it, nor do I anticipate I ever will be. I also cannot really say if the comic is worth it or not. It is worth it if you want the comic and are willing and able to spend the money being asked.

Edited by rjrjr

This thread became real interesting once the TWD fans started posting.

The thing is, most of them (the WD fans, of which I am one) seem to concur that the current price is a bit high and it will drop. However, we are not concerned because we are not speculating; it is for our PC.

Yet the common retort is that we are stupid to invest $10k in a modern comic. We are, in fact, not doing that. But this seems to be the same back and forth between both sides of the argument.

This thread was very frustrating to read. It was like watching two deaf people arguing with each other with their back turned.

This thread became real interesting once the TWD fans started posting.

The thing is, most of them (the WD fans, of which I am one) seem to concur that the current price is a bit high and it will drop. However, we are not concerned because we are not speculating; it is for our PC.

Yet the common retort is that we are stupid to invest $10k in a modern comic. We are, in fact, not doing that. But this seems to be the same back and forth between both sides of the argument.

This thread was very frustrating to read. It was like watching two deaf people arguing with each other with their back turned.

I can see why that is frustrating. I imagine most of the WD fans didn't even spend a fraction of the current value (what does a raw NM copy go for? How about a CGC 9.6?) for a copy.

I would never spend $10k on a 9.9 WD #1. I'm very content with my 9.6 for now. I'll eventually buy up to a 9.8

But I would spend $1,000,000 on the OA cover for #1 if I had it, and I wouldn't even lose sleep.

Now that's a "True Fan". These books and OA are for my PC, cause I love this story and show that much. It gets my heart racing. I don't mind if it lulls in story once in a while, I'm in it till the end.

MOAR DEAD PLEASE!!!

I would never spend $10k on a 9.9 WD #1. I'm very content with my 9.6 for now. I'll eventually buy up to a 9.8

But I would spend $1,000,000 on the OA cover for #1 if I had it, and I wouldn't even lose sleep.

Now that's a "True Fan". These books and OA are for my PC, cause I love this story and show that much. It gets my heart racing. I don't mind if it lulls in story once in a while, I'm in it till the end.

MOAR DEAD PLEASE!!!

Point achieved, purpose of thread served.

pop

MOAR DEAD PLEASE!!!

Complete hypothetical: Robert Kirkman dies. He is replaced by someone who clearly has no clue about what made Walking Dead tick. He introduced clones or some other out there idea to the series and now the series is exploring dead clones or some such nonsense. Maybe they introduce the devil and Rick makes a deal with the devil to bring his departed wife back to the living. The series gets even more popular than it use to be or it at least maintains its popularity, but mostly with new readers who have never read the title before. Do you stick with it?

Edited by rjrjr

MOAR DEAD PLEASE!!!

Complete hypothetical: Robert Kirkman dies. He is replaced by someone who clearly has no clue about what made Walking Dead tick. He introduced clones or some other out there idea to the series and now the series is exploring dead clones or some such nonsense. Maybe they introduce the devil and Rick makes a deal with the devil to bring his departed wife back to the living. The series gets even more popular than it use to be or it at least maintains its popularity, but mostly with new readers who have never read the title before. Do you stick with it?

Hell Yeah. That sounds pretty cool. Rick making a deal with the Devil. That's great man. Being dead serious. pun intended

MOAR DEAD PLEASE!!!

Hell Yeah. That sounds pretty cool. Rick making a deal with the Devil. That's great man. Being dead serious. pun intended

Where did the pics of boobs go?

What Walking Dead fans need to realise is that this is a natural hazing process.

I still remember Spider-Man being a second rate property to Batman and Superman in the eighties. (Marvel celebrated 25 years while Superman celebrated his 50th, within a few years of each other) I remember arguments about longevity and tradition.

I still remember TMNT being a second rate property compared to the Marvel and DC icons, even as late as ten years ago, disregarding their three movies, multiple cartoon iterations, toy lines, comic lines, etc.

Walking Dead still has to prove itself to comic book fans at large. Long term.

And it will.

Or it won't.

Interesting scenario. If I liked it, then I would still read it. If I didn't. I would drop it, but would still my current collection. For example, I love the Flash and still have a compete run of Vol 2 but go nowhere near the new 52 stuff.

Interesting scenario. If I liked it, then I would still read it. If I didn't. I would drop it, but would still my current collection. For example, I love the Flash and still have a compete run of Vol 2 but go nowhere near the new 52 stuff.

You don't like it or are morally opposed to another reboot?