• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

I like the comics. I'm a fan of the show. the show seems to have almost caught up to the raw intensity of the comics. the black and white nature of the comics allows it to be a bit more gory than allowed in live action but the show hit a new gore factor high, or low depending on which camp you're in, in the first 2 episodes.

The thing that is beginning to get harder and harder for me to swallow is the the sheer physics and biology behind what allows the walkers, especially the emaciated and mostly devoured ones to actually walk. Yes I get it, it's a fictional show. But most of us can buy into the fact that a recently deceased organism is going to retain enough raw body mass and energy to lumber around. But a body who hasn't consumed anything recently and is mostly skin and bones or even loss of sinew, tendons, and musculature that can actually operate motor skills is beyond suspension of disbelief unless we start talking about metaphysical properties like the virus having a spiritual energy or chi.

Seriously, it's been months, the bones and tissue should not be able to bend or flex to any useful degree without some form of the ATP cycle taking place let alone move if there's no muscle attached. "But they've been feasting on humans" you say. Where are all these humans? Most are already dead. They're not feasting on each other, most of the zero day zombies should be completely immobile. The rest...Ok, I can imagine that the virus has the unique ability to synthesize all the necessary nutrients and vitamins from consuming raw human flesh and has altered the molecular structure of their tissue and bones to be more efficient than humans and so forth. But...most don't even have stomachs to process the food. Ok sure I can imagine the virus operates on osmosis and absorbs the flesh it comes into contact with. But to walk, to move, to grasp. you have to have some form of motor control from your mid spine to your hips. Many don't even have connective tissue the whole way down. Does bone now function in place of muscle with zombies? I'm approaching the point where I may not be able to enjoy it even for the guilty pleasure it is because my damned logic is getting in the way. If the bubble bursts, it'll be due the sheer absurdity that the show or comic reaches where a majority of readers/viewers are like "Ok that just doesn't make any more sense to me and I'm out!."

This has bothered me about the show as well considering it's been at least 2 years since the apocalypse. Bodies in the exposed sun are reduced to bones in 6 months to a year according to research done at forensic body farms, It may be delayed since maybe insects don't eat no stinky zombie meat. But they're always showing flies buzzing about the walkers.

That being said, I still love the show and try to ignore the science.

According to Diamond in information released today, Walking Dead #132 was #1 selling comic book for October, beating out Death of Wolverine #3 and #4, Thor #1 and Axis #1 and #2, regular #1 slot Batman and even the Harley Annual Rub and Smell issue.

In less than a week, we'll see the Icv2 information that shows the actual sale numbers but... an amazing accomplisment for a non-event issue (though obviously fueled by the new season premiere of the TV show)... but considering it's competition.... it's pretty impressive.

The interest in Walking Dead is still very much alive.

ScreenShot2014-11-07at124053PM_zps7e6f7e5a.png

According to Diamond in information released today, Walking Dead #132 was #1 selling comic book for October, beating out Death of Wolverine #3 and #4, Thor #1 and Axis #1 and #2, regular #1 slot Batman and even the Harley Annual Rub and Smell issue.

In less than a week, we'll see the Icv2 information that shows the actual sale numbers but... an amazing accomplisment for a non-event issue (though obviously fueled by the new season premiere of the TV show)... but considering it's competition.... it's pretty impressive.

The interest in Walking Dead is still very much alive.

ScreenShot2014-11-07at124053PM_zps7e6f7e5a.png

It think the numbers were also tied to the Loot Crate promotion. Still an impressive feat, though.

Read zombie survival guide it will explain all the ideas of decay etc.

:cloud9:

Does it explain how easy it was to blow them apart with a fire hose? I thought last night's epi they were too easily blown apart by the hose.

Me too.

At this point, I think you could probably penetrate a walker cranium by shooting it with a rubber band.

Read zombie survival guide it will explain all the ideas of decay etc.

Does it explain how easy it was to blow them apart with a fire hose? I thought last night's epi they were too easily blown apart by the hose.

I haven't seen last nights yet. Likely not as that seems a bit much lol

I do really recommend the book...well actually I don't cause then you guys will impede my progress when the ZA hits

Pretty low feedback seller.

Wow, I would say the bubble is leaking, if I wasn't looking for a Black Label I would of been all over this, what a price...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111533567169?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Still worth more than an oz. of gold.