• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Wrong :)

I would love to hear how.

:popcorn:

It is over!

Do you even read the series? It's at it's most interesting right now and they are about to publish twice a month with a new story arc...interest for the comic is huge.

The show will be back with big surprises and the #1 will always fluctuate in price (just like all major keys).

I disagree with anyone who says this book will fade away. It will always be a key...price may balance out a bit but won't change the significance of this really cool comic.

My .02 cents

It is over!

Do you even read the series? It's at it's most interesting right now and they are about to publish twice a month with a new story arc...interest for the comic is huge.

The show will be back with big surprises and the #1 will always fluctuate in price (just like all major keys).

I disagree with anyone who says this book will fade away. It will always be a key...price may balance out a bit but won't change the significance of this really cool comic.

My .02 cents

When did I say fade away?

I just said for 3 years now realistic levels eventually.

The momentum of the show has staled with season 3 being IMO a stinker.

A lot of my friends who only watch the show are not very excited anymore about the show, and they didn't even know the half of it since I had to tell them even worse news how bad the prison arc and the Governor was depicted on-screen.

I could be wrong, but I am seeing no reason that when Season 4 starts Walking Dead #1 will be heading back up. Books is crawling on eBay to hit above $1700 (even those the perceived collectible Black labels).

It is over!

My .02 cents

i'd have to disagree with this statement, book has been on a downhill trajectory since #48. ezekial is unintentionally hysterical and negan is a weak, potty mouthed reprise of the governor. i shudder to think how bad adlard's art will be on a twice monthly schedule. hopefully, kirkman will really shake things up again by offing rick but i doubt it will happen. i do believe this will be the modern key but $3k 9.8's were the peak.

It is over!

My .02 cents

i'd have to disagree with this statement, book has been on a downhill trajectory since #48. ezekial is unintentionally hysterical and negan is a weak, potty mouthed reprise of the governor. i shudder to think how bad adlard's art will be on a twice monthly schedule. hopefully, kirkman will really shake things up again by offing rick but i doubt it will happen. i do believe this will be the modern key but $3k 9.8's were the peak.

That is what I am saying.

Of course WD #1 is the AF 15 of the modern age, but those guys who paid 3K for it back in Dec 2012 are butt hurt for life.

WD #1 is going to be barely a $1000-1200 once the real values set in for life.

There are plenty of copies to go around even at 7500 with many hitting 9.8.

I am having big time trouble even getting an one offer on my 9.8 (black label) and I would let it go for a very realistic value.

I think all the hardcore WD fans/collectors have their personal copy and the rest will wait till the value goes down has begun to do so.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

I would love to hear how. :popcorn: It is over!
Do you even read the series? It's at it's most interesting right now and they are about to publish twice a month with a new story arc...interest for the comic is huge.The show will be back with big surprises and the #1 will always fluctuate in price (just like all major keys). I disagree with anyone who says this book will fade away. It will always be a key...price may balance out a bit but won't change the significance of this really cool comic.My .02 cents
When did I say fade away?I just said for 3 years now realistic levels eventually.The momentum of the show has staled with season 3 being IMO a stinker.A lot of my friends who only watch the show are not very excited anymore about the show, and they didn't even know the half of it since I had to tell them even worse news how bad the prison arc and the Governor was depicted on-screen.I could be wrong, but I am seeing no reason that when Season 4 starts Walking Dead #1 will be heading back up. Books is crawling on eBay to hit above $1700 (even those the perceived collectible Black labels).
We have a few factors going on here that might make the bubble pop.The Walking Dead show is starting to remind people of Lost. Lost was cool in the beginning that it became pedestrian.Also Zombies are becoming boring.Case in point World War Z mediocre results at the box office.and probably the biggest factor is all the cool geeks are now moving on to this.

Game Of Thrones Season 3 – Official Trailer by FanReviews

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I would love to hear how. :popcorn: It is over!
Do you even read the series? It's at it's most interesting right now and they are about to publish twice a month with a new story arc...interest for the comic is huge.The show will be back with big surprises and the #1 will always fluctuate in price (just like all major keys). I disagree with anyone who says this book will fade away. It will always be a key...price may balance out a bit but won't change the significance of this really cool comic.My .02 cents
When did I say fade away?I just said for 3 years now realistic levels eventually.The momentum of the show has staled with season 3 being IMO a stinker.A lot of my friends who only watch the show are not very excited anymore about the show, and they didn't even know the half of it since I had to tell them even worse news how bad the prison arc and the Governor was depicted on-screen.I could be wrong, but I am seeing no reason that when Season 4 starts Walking Dead #1 will be heading back up. Books is crawling on eBay to hit above $1700 (even those the perceived collectible Black labels).
We have a few factors going on here that might make the bubble pop.The Walking Dead show is starting to remind people of Lost. Lost was cool in the beginning that it became pedestrian.Also Zombies are becoming boring.Case in point World War Z mediocre results at the box office.and probably the biggest factor is all the cool geeks are now moving on to this.

Game Of Thrones Season 3 – Official Trailer by FanReviews

Game of thrones is awesome but its 3 seasons deep and for the record, any "cool geek" can follow more than one show at a time. I also really enjoyed season 3 of the walking dead. Remember that opinion is just that, opinion. This thread is dumb.

WD #1 in CGC 9.8 is barely hitting $1700-1800 anymore

Only 1800 for a modern??? yawn

Yup this book is garbage (shrug)

You have to remember, there were people in this thread stating the book was never going down in value and would be over $5k after the series comes back on.

You have to remember, there were people in this thread stating the book was never going down in value and would be over $5k after the series comes back on.

Who?

Who?

Look back through the thread

Honestly, the show is incredible. The books are clever and there's a GIANT engine that's propelling this behemoth of a vehicle and pushing it forward as a current sustaining trend. It will NATURALLY slow down once the next big thing will pop up but it will take awhile, and in my belief, will ALWAYS remain a KEY book.

My estimated guess is that it will peak at 5K and then drop down slowly to its current value (2.5 - 3K), but that's just a guess

If that is what you truly believe, are you buying all the copies on eBay that are under $5k so you can sell them at the peak?

There are quite a few listed at $3.5k and less.

Here ya go, $5k

Also Zombies are becoming boring.

Case in point World War Z mediocre results at the box office.

Did you see that movie? It was horrible on so many levels. I'm not sure people are hating zombies as much as just hating that movie per se.

It was almost unwatchable.

Did you see that movie? It was horrible on so many levels. I'm not sure people are hating zombies as much as just hating that movie per se.

Of course he didn't see the movie, he's just going with the box office numbers. :eyeroll:

Of course he didn't see the movie, he's just going with the box office numbers. :eyeroll:

I saw the movie World War Z, as I don`t critique something I haven`t seen.

In fact I saw World War Z the same day as the Lone Ranger.

I took in a double feature matinee.

I saw the Lone Ranger first and gave it an 8, then watched a boring snooze fest called World War Z and give it a two.

The sad fact was though there was twice as many people watching World War Z that day in the theatre then watching the Lone Ranger! (shrug)

The only part of the movie I liked was the plane crash. ;)

World War Z didn`t feel like a movie. When I go to a movie I expect a event not something that could have been made for the SYFY channel.

2c

I saw the movie World War Z, as I don`t critique something I haven`t seen.

In fact I saw World War Z the same day as the Lone Ranger.

I took in a double feature matinee.

I saw the Lone Ranger first and gave it an 8, then watched a boring snooze fest called World War Z and give it a two.

The sad fact was though there was twice as many people watching World War Z that day in the theatre then watching the Lone Ranger! (shrug)

It's funny you should say that. As much as the Lone Ranger bombed at the box office, I've had a few people tell me it was surprisingly good. Conversely, there was alot of good press and buzz about WWZ and after seeing it I don't know what the hullabaloo was.....as best as I can figure it's all folks getting their panties wet over Brad Pitt. That movie was the worst zombie flick I've ever seen bar none. It couldn't suck worse if it were the vacuum of space.