• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine 1-189 CGC 9.8 complete

110 posts in this topic

Nice work, Steve! Six years... holy guacamole.

One question: What's next?

hm

I'm working on a bronze Thor run where my goal is to have the highest graded copy of every issue for the entire decade. You've already helped me out there (thumbs u

And I'm looking to upgrade my Uncle Scrooge run to compete for a silver age CGC award.

And I'm working on extending my 9.8 Uncanny X-Men run up through 544.

Thats awesome :applause:

You snuck in a 9.6 though(#145, 2nd pic, 7th row from the bottom) :gossip:

lol Good eye. But that is the ultra-rare "Bone Claws" error variant which CGC doesn't even include in the run. I may use all my influence with CGC to get it added.

Congratulations! That was my goal in comic collecting at one time. I remember looking at your registry and thinking "there is no way I can compete with this guy" so I ended up hitting the eject button on that quest.

Besides, I thought we'd never see a 9.8 of issue 35.

What an awesome collection!

Congrats!

Which issue was the hardest besides the #35?

The Nabisco 145 was super tough. Somebody found a box of them a couple months after I got mine but for several years there was only one 9.8 because most got dinged in shipping. The box was books that had never been mailed and the books were all high quality which drove the price way down.

lol Good eye. But that is the ultra-rare "Bone Claws" error variant which CGC doesn't even include in the run. I may use all my influence with CGC to get it added.

(tsk)

You said 9.8 COMPLETE :whistle:

(tsk)

Hey, if CGC doesn't include it in the run, then I think it doesn't count. If they add it to the run, then you can mock my lack of completiosity.

Technically, my run already isn't complete by CGC standards since they've added a few books that I don't count like the french edition to Wolverine 1/2.

Wow that is awesome! But I see two variants that you need for sure :) Wolvie 102.5 and 145 Dynamic Forces variant :) the only reason I know that is because those are the two I need for my raw set...and that sweet Nabisco one you have :)

But holy crud that's the most awesome set I've seen!

(tsk)

Hey, if CGC doesn't include it in the run, then I think it doesn't count. If they add it to the run, then you can mock my lack of completiosity.

Technically, my run already isn't complete by CGC standards since they've added a few books that I don't count like the french edition to Wolverine 1/2.

That's kind of retarded that they have the French edition and things like that to make you chase down for a "complete" set. I don't really do modern books but for say my Avengers run, they don't make you get the UK edition for issue 4 also to get a complete set (shrug)