• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loaning graphic novels

22 posts in this topic

what do you do when you loan a graphic novel to a friend and she doesn't return it promptly, you write letters to the graphic novel on her facebook page.

dear watchmen comic, i miss you. i hope you're enjoying your trip to anna's house but please come home soon. your friend, guy

I even got a reply!

Dear Guy, i miss you too. things are so different here. it isn't like home, where its cold and the cat sits on me. Anna is nice, i like the way she delicately turns my pages and the way she looks in her purple glasses. She keeps me by her bed and reads me before she turns off the lights. She says i will be home soon, i hope so. Yours always, Watchmen Comic

watchmen, it's so good to hear back from you. i was beginning to wonder what had become of you. it's been so long since we've seen one another. i didn't know, was it something i'd done? i anxiously await your home comnig and when we will be reunited again. until then, guy

ok i thought it was funny. i hope she got the hint and returns the book soon.

I got a comic book lending policy. It is sorta like a library. One friend can only borrow 2 books at a time. Or we exchange book for book. I recently borrowed the first 7 Fraction Iron Man trades in exchange for my Frank Miller Daredevils.

I always cringe when I hear someone I know say something like, "I want to read the Watchmen, can I borrow your books sometime?" I just immediately change the subject... or tell them amazon has them at a great deal right now lol

This is a great subject. I just lent my WD compendium book out to a friend that wanted to read up on it before the new season starts. So being a friend I lent it to him and sure as the company goes under.

And I don't have contact info for my friend.....Owell glad I got it at Amazon for cheap, but now I want to reread it doh!

I had two Compendiums, one for loaning. I eventually sold it though. I get a lot of my trades used either from here, eBay, or Paperbackswap so I'm not too worried about loaning them out. Cheap and mild wear is how I like them. My absolute favorites I'll probably not loan out though. I don't like the thought of my Usagi slipcase set not being in my house :P

Lending anything is always a challenge, but I'd imagine we all learned that at a young age. Heck, I remember lending video games to my neighbor and finding them years later in a pile of trash.

I don't mind lending books, but it is usually with the understanding I may never see it again. It's a risk you take.