• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London Super Comic Convention 23rd & 24th Feb 2013

615 posts in this topic

Hey can any of you Londonites tell me how far the British Museum is from the Excel Center?? Im trying to get cultured while im there. Thanks in advance,

Jeff

The museum does not have that many exhibits on display to overcome the cultural difference.

I heard they have that painting with the dogs playing poker there. Actually wanna check out the Rosetta stone.

33 minutes by tube

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en&sessionID=TLJJP16P1_2577429786&requestID=1&tripSelector2=1&itdLPxx_view=detail&tripSelection=on&command=nop&calculateDistance=1

Driving will be shorter at around 25 minutes without traffic (which is unlikely).

http://routes.tomtom.com/#/route/E161XL%252C%2520UK%254051.50814%252C0.02712%2540-1/WC1B3DG%252C%2520UK%254051.51894%252C-0.12648%2540-1/?leave=now&traffic=true&center=55.01%2c-3.445&zoom=4&map=basic

Any recommendation on taxi / sedan services at airport with on-line booking?

I want to pre-pay for a rounder so I don't have to worry about it when I get there this time around.

They are called saloon's here. Get with the lingo.

If you don't have a lot to carry you might want to consider using the trains. Everything is really well connected in London. It'll be cheaper and maybe quicker (depending on traffic). Of course if you have more than 2 bags then the link above is the way to go.

@Whizzer - That comic shop would be Gosh. They have since relocated to Soho which isn't too far away. Definitely worth a visit.

@HOTFLIPS - British Museum is awesome but you might want to take public transport rather than a cab. A taxi journey from there to the Excel would be pretty expensive.

@Whizzer - That comic shop would be Gosh. They have since relocated to Soho which isn't too far away. Definitely worth a visit.

@HOTFLIPS - British Museum is awesome but you might want to take public transport rather than a cab. A taxi journey from there to the Excel would be pretty expensive.

Thanks for the heads up. I am taking my mother with me to London cause she never been. She has a little trouble walking so i figured we would just take a cab.

Stop by and say hello at the show. Booth B1.

I want to pre-pay for a rounder so I don't have to worry about it when I get there this time around.

They are called saloon's here. Get with the lingo.

If you don't have a lot to carry you might want to consider using the trains. Everything is really well connected in London. It'll be cheaper and maybe quicker (depending on traffic). Of course if you have more than 2 bags then the link above is the way to go.

They are called Saloons and Estates - I know that. lol

My fourth trip to London, and I have a lot of luggage since I'm bring over raw exclusives and some slabs so I don't want to mess around with the cabs this time around.

I usually take the Heathrow Express into Paddington then take a cab or train from there, but it might be cheaper this time around to just book a private pickup in advance via CC and not pay the extra surcharge on cash exchange rate.

I've looked at different services so if anyone has used one in the past please let me know. I'd rather deal direct with a service, rather than a booking agent. A lot of the websites seem to be booking agents.

I'm on a direct eleven hour flight from Los Angeles. I probably won't want to be fumbling around with luggage on the tube after that.

Not the cheapest but they are reliable and offer a great service, plus they offer a great selection of cars...