• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London Super Comic Convention 23rd & 24th Feb 2013

615 posts in this topic

Is it wrong to go on the pi$$ the night before? hm

What are you planning hm

lol I meant on the Thursday night before setup.

Friday night I'm up for a few bevvies & a bite like last year.... depending on how knackered we all are?

5 days to go. If you know me you know how much I'm planning ont Health holding out making it to con hall in one piece. Just gut to keep going. I'm never going to get my books prepreped but this is the least of my worries.

Wish I could of known you in another time Chris I would of been making arrangements to meet you on the friday to go drinking and checking out regards what was going down in London. It would of been cool. But seeing as docs said I should be dead ill just take the wheelchair option as better than nothing (thumbs u

Mate you are an inspiration to us all :)

Don't worry about prepping your books, bring them to the con and drop them of at Nicks table... We will sort them for you to be handed in to Rich Henn :)

+1 million on that.

What are you planning hm

Friday night I'm up for a few bevvies & a bite like last year.... depending on how knackered we all are?

Thursday Night in Reading?

What are you planning hm

Yeah, got a few mates landing for a couple of days and they want to go out. I don't want to do a session, I need to get up and get across London, dump my gear at Canary Wharf then head over to Excel. Last year was hard work so I don't want to carry a hangover as well lol

Might have to stick to lager tops. hm

What are you planning hm

Yeah, got a few mates landing for a couple of days and they want to go out. I don't want to do a session, I need to get up and get across London, dump my gear at Canary Wharf then head over to Excel. Last year was hard work so I don't want to carry a hangover as well lol

Might have to stick to lager tops. hm

Good plan.

Let's hope that weather prediction for this week is wrong on Sky, Ffs we don't want more snow, gonna say a few prayers

I noticed the temp is dropping. :(

Positively balmy here today. hasn't felt this warm for months and it's probably only about 10 degrees. lol

Almost had to cancel my trip.

I asked Delta 2 times if all I need was a valid passport WHILE I was visiting the UK. Both times I was told yes.

This morning I get an email from Delta alerting me to minor itinerary changes and that my passport had to be valid for 6 months after my date of travel. :ohnoez:

I was scheduling an appointment to drive to Miami tomorrow to get an expedited passport, but the earliest appointment they had was on 2/25. Too late.

Decided to just stay home and while getting ready to let my travel buddy's know the bad news I decided to verify travel restrictions in the UK. I found out (as I was told twice before) that I only need a valid passport for the dates I am travelling.

Called Delta a third time and they confirmed what I read on-line. I asked why I received the email stating I needed a valid passport that was good 6 months after I travelled, and they said it was a blanket email sent to all International travellers...accurate or not.

doh!

I asked Delta 2 times if all I need was a valid passport WHILE I was visiting the UK. Both times I was told yes.

This morning I get an email from Delta alerting me to minor itinerary changes and that my passport had to be valid for 6 months after my date of travel. :ohnoez:

I was scheduling an appointment to drive to Miami tomorrow to get an expedited passport, but the earliest appointment they had was on 2/25. Too late.

Decided to just stay home and while getting ready to let my travel buddy's know the bad news I decided to verify travel restrictions in the UK. I found out (as I was told twice before) that I only need a valid passport for the dates I am travelling.

Called Delta a third time and they confirmed what I read on-line. I asked why I received the email stating I needed a valid passport that was good 6 months after I travelled, and they said it was a blanket email sent to all International travellers...accurate or not.

doh!

Incompetent tossers.

doh!

Incompetent tossers.

All my clients are Airlines... I can understand this level of incompetence. :facepalm:

doh!

Should have renewed it anyways, as yours last 10 years, dumbazz.

doh!

I am...when I get back.

doh!

I am...when I get back.

Mine doesn't expire until December 09, 2018. Plus, if you had stayed home, I would have stayed home.

I don't use the toilet when out in public, so the answer to your question is officially, "no."

However, Joey is my official travel buddy to London, if he doesn't go, I don't go. It's one thing to travel on my own in the United States or Toronto, Canada (I know a really smart person who lives in Brampton, plus I'm fluent in Canadian, eh) but a whole other country on the opposite side of the Atlantic? No.

I don't use the toilet when out in public, so the answer to your question is officially, "no."

However, Joey is my official travel buddy to London, if he doesn't go, I don't go. It's one thing to travel on my own in the United States or Toronto, Canada (I know a really smart person who lives in Brampton, plus I'm fluent in Canadian, eh) but a whole other country on the opposite side of the Atlantic? No.

Fair enough, I'm not convinced I would like traveling across the world on my own :eek: I've been to Belgium on my own but thats about it out of the UK.

Fair enough, I'm not convinced I would like traveling across the world on my own :eek: I've been to Belgium on my own but thats about it out of the UK.

I'm going to travel by myself. (shrug)