• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLATROCK02 (MIKE,) please refer to new thread for the family, thank you:)

1,302 posts in this topic

Payment to Mike's PayPal account.

ASM #4 FR :news: SOLD.

135.00 shipped in the U.S.

front cover: upper left area, below logo box: penned "X"; 2 extra staples (not manufacturing); 2 pieces of tape on edge of fc; tape previously on spine; back cover: 1 1/4" tear in lower left area.

ASM4FC.jpg

ASM4BC.jpg

SOLD

Free shipping within the USA, elsewhere pay the difference in shipping.

Den 1 Neverwhere TPB (Richard Corben) - $30.00 paid to Mike's paypal account. Front of the book has a small crease at the very top. The back has several deep creases but it only affects back cover. Book is OOP.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb173/nocutename/Den1TPB_FC.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb173/nocutename/Den1TPB_BC.jpg

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Original Art Page 22 from Classic's Illustrated, Lorna Doone, by the wonderful Matt Baker. $350

Spirit #3 Big Apple copy (comes with certificate) VG/VGF. Would be NM if not for moisture damage visible in scans. $150 w/shipping included in the US.

ST 178 NM $50 w/shipping in the US.

Page 2:

ST 179 NM $40 w/shipping in the US.

Mysterious Adventures 16 (Fine-) & Mysterious Adventures 19 (Fine-) : $250 shipped for both

Weird Tales Sept. 1938 VG $65 shipped wherever.

Phantom Stranger #18 CGC 8.5 OWW Neal Adams SS $100 shipped US and Canada (will ship wherever if you help with postage)

Mystery in Space #36 VGF 5.0 (rust and staining at top staple) $50 shipped wherever.

Sketch cover of Submariner by Allen Bellman, one of the last living GA Timely artists. $150 shipped wherever.

Page 4:

Real Western Hero 72 CGC 9.0 off-white to white, greytone cover $125 shipped

1982 Daredevil Marvel Comics Index written by George Olvshevsky (published by Marvel) that features a WRAPAROUND Frank Miller Daredevil/Elektra cover. Published in 1982, it's a 112 page index of Daredevil, The Black Panther, Shanna, Black Goliath, Human Fly and Dazzler. 8.5" x 11". VF copy with bright white pages, bright cover colors and no writing. Only minor spine creases, minor edge and corner wear and a slight spine roll. $20 postpaid to U.S. (add $3 to Canada)

Page 5:

Showcase 76 copy a 8.0 CROW $45 box shipped to USA or Canoodleduh ($5 shipping discount elsewhere.) First Batlash!

HOM #170 cgc 8.5 $35 Shipped

Page 6:

Strange Adventures #207 CGC 6.5 (Looks 9.0, has a popped staple in the CF per CGC) Signed by Neal Adams $70.00 shipped US

Moon Knight #1 SS 9.6 Signed by Finch [/]b$55[/b] shipped (US only. Send me a pm if you're outside the US).

Avengers/Invaders Sketch by the books artist Steve Sadowski. It's not graded but still a great sketch. $100 shipped (US only - Send me a PM if you're outside the US).

All-American Comics #8 from November 1939

1st appearance of Ultra Man and Ultra Man Cover

Very Very Scarce book in any grade - Only 4 TOTAL (that includes unrestored and restored) have ever been CGC'd. This was the Pre-Green Lantern superhero of All-American Comics and this is 8 issues earlier than Green Lantern's first appearance in All-American Comics #16. Over all I think it is a very nice book, has a very nice cover, and the Ultra Man story is very good. The book looks to me to be a solid 4.0 (VG) book but it is missing 1 page from the back of the book that has been cut out. The back portion of the book features many 1 page comic stories and it seems that 1 was neatly cut out. Other than that it is 100% unrestored and complete.$200 (what I paid) including USPS Priority shipping in the U.S.

The Walking Dead set of eight # 100 covers NM- or better. $22 (2 sets available) shipped to a US address. Bonus chromium with scratches on back to first bonus random other issue to second.

Page 7:

Wings #86 and #96, two decent lower-grade Fiction House with fun GGA covers and stories. Take the pair for $55 Wings #86 in 2.0/2.5. Low-grader with nice colors; looks quite a bit better than grade, but flattened spine roll, bit of tape on spine, worn bottom corners/edges with chipping, mostly on the back. Wings #96 in 4.0. Cool cover. Solid copy with some small spine chips and edge wear.

Batman # 17 in G+ - $200 delivered

Page 9:

Fantastic Four King Size Annual #6 (1st Annihilus) in about FVF/VF- condition.

Main problem is some corner wear (although looks a lot better in hand) but book is really nice, lays flat (no creases) and the cover is glossy.

$35 (shipped anywhere)

Journey into Mystery 109 CGC blue 7.5 OW/W - certificate incl. $235 shipped to USA

Metal Men #1 in VG+ 4.5...might go a hair higher. Nice solid copy with white pages. Everything's attached. Nice front cover. A 1/4" tear along the top edge and a little chipping along the bottom edge of the back cover. $100 shipped

Page 10:

Conan the Barbarian: The Mask of Archeron CGC 9.8 Sig Series Movie Cast Signed, One of one 25 that exist.$350 Shipped in the US

Batman 113 4.5 Nice copy with good colors and white pages. Some creases on front cover that break color. Non color breaking crease on back cover.Full date stamp on the front cover. I got this one from Jim Payette as a 4.5, and it's a very nice copy. Has the first appearance of False Face, who was used as a villain on the first season of the sixties TV series. $100.00 shipped anywhere

Original, vintage illustration by Fred Hellmich who was an animator for Walt Disney on features such as Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, Aristocats, and Robin Hood. Illustration is marker and crayon/pastel or colored pencil on tracing paper. Signed "Freddy" at the bottom-center of illustration. Paper is 18.5" x 14" and in good condition except for some edge tears that do not affect image (1" tear bottom, .75" right side, smaller 1cm and under tears at top). $25 postpaid to U.S. only

Page 11:

ASM #4 FR - $135.00 shipped in the U.S., front cover: upper left area, below logo box: penned "X"; 2 extra staples (not manufacturing); 2 pieces of tape on edge of fc; tape previously on spine; back cover: 1 1/4" tear in lower left area.

Den 1 Neverwhere TPB (Richard Corben) - $30.00 Shipped in US, elsewhere pay the difference in shipping. Front of the book has a small crease at the very top. The back has several deep creases but it only affects back cover. Book is OOP.

Detective Comics 230 5.0 1st appearance of the Mad Hatter. Book has dust shadow on front and back cover. Pages are supple cream. Tanning on inside of front and back covers. Small tear on back cover. Fairly uncommon in presentable shape. 150.00 shipped anywhere.

tec230001.jpg

tec230back001.jpg

:takeit:

Detective Comics 230 5.0 1st appearance of the Mad Hatter. Book has dust shadow on front and back cover. Pages are supple cream. Tanning on inside of front and back covers. Small tear on back cover. Fairly uncommon in presentable shape. 150.00 shipped anywhere.

tec230001.jpg

tec230back001.jpg

:sorry:, that book was sold early on...but thanks for trying... :foryou:

To the kind people donating books, please mark your sold/claimed items, I can't update your posts :wishluck:

That is SUCH an interesting book...congrats to both! (worship)

I just wanna know where they're going with the cheese.....

doh! I thought they were hats...with air-holes;)

For real?? lol

It's all those years of work meetings, where we were told to think outside the "box"...after all, hats are ...ummmm

Guess Cheese makes more sense;);):angel:

We have collected over $2400 so far, not including pending payments...

So many wonderful people helping (worship)

I may actually go to sleep at a normal time tonight, but if you need Mike's address/PP etc, I'll get it to you tomorrow AM.

I'm hoping to keep this thread going at least a week...so please keep the donations coming!

Stolen text from the listing where I bought this a couple years ago:

---------------------------------------

All-American Comics #8 from November 1939

1st appearance of Ultra Man and Ultra Man Cover

Very Very Scarce book in any grade - Only 4 TOTAL (that includes unrestored and restored) have ever been CGC'd.

This was the Pre-Green Lantern superhero of All-American Comics and this is 8 issues earlier than Green Lantern's first appearance in All-American Comics #16.

Over all I think it is a very nice book, has a very nice cover, and the Ultra Man story is very good.

The book looks to me to be a solid 4.0 (VG) book but it is missing 1 page from the back of the book that has been cut out. The back portion of the book features many 1 page comic stories and it seems that 1 was neatly cut out. Other than that it is 100% unrestored and complete.

---------------------------------------

$200 (what I paid) including USPS Priority shipping in the U.S. gets you a sweet- comic from 1939!! :headbang: Send the loot to Mike's payapl addy.

all-american-8.jpg

Let's make it $175.

tec230001.jpg

tec230back001.jpg

:sorry:, that book was sold early on...but thanks for trying... :foryou:

To the kind people donating books, please mark your sold/claimed items, I can't update your posts :wishluck:

Oops. Just marked it, sorry about that.