• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quality Time - Have a Cigar!
6 6

585 posts in this topic

I was pretty happy to pick this one up a while back. I think it might be the highest graded copy, even though it's not technically "high grade". Go figure (shrug)

hit%2012_zpso5zdwocd.jpg

Love that book. Considering how tough it is, I'd consider that high grade for sure.

Completely agree - that's a lovely book!

Here's another very scarce Quality, I've never seen one above mid-grade:

7370bb2b-c9df-4fe4-9fd8-2ec6b4a1a711_zpsdjbbigun.jpg

Is that yours, Steve? I have a copy, but it's fairly low grade. I never see it for sale.

Is that yours, Steve? I have a copy, but it's fairly low grade. I never see it for sale.

Yes, it's the Detroit Trolley.

Yes, it's the Detroit Trolley.

Hit 7 is a sensational book. I've had a couple beaters; would love to have even a nice VG! Very nice copy, Steve.

Those Hits are phenomenal books.

They are out of my league but I try to console (sp?) myself with some Moderns or Blackhawks. Just got this one -

Blackhawk%2026_zpstwwdq4bb.jpg

First Blackhawk story splash -

Blackhawk%2026%20-%20Story%201%20Splash_zps3oor5xat.jpg

Another Detroit Trolley Hit...I've always liked this cover:

1b092b24-c838-4966-ab0f-2f1baa88f854_zpsgiymju3i.jpg

Stellar cover. Lots of little details going on in that one. It is a nice copy. I only have one Trolley book, but it's not a Quality. I know the case has probably been made why it's not a pedigree, but CGC should recognize the books on the label (maybe in the space where the page quality USED to be) ? (shrug) Edited by Sagii

Those Hits are phenomenal books.

They are out of my league but I try to console (sp?) myself with some Moderns or Blackhawks. Just got this one -

Blackhawk%2026_zpstwwdq4bb.jpg

First Blackhawk story splash -

Blackhawk%2026%20-%20Story%201%20Splash_zps3oor5xat.jpg

Love em' Scrooge! Killer splash! (thumbs u

I know the case has probably been made why it's not a pedigree, but CGC should recognize the books on the labe (maybe in the space where the page quality USED to be) ? (shrug)

Since the Detroit Trolley books were parceled out in small batches over a long period of time, my guess is that CGC had no choice in not designating the collection as a pedigree.

I know the case has probably been made why it's not a pedigree, but CGC should recognize the books on the labe (maybe in the space where the page quality USED to be) ? (shrug)

Since the Detroit Trolley books were parceled out in small batches over a long period of time, my guess is that CGC had no choice in not designating the collection as a pedigree.

Thanks for the insight. Was wondering what the 'glitch' was. Haven't seen too many high grade examples from the collection, but most are recognizable from the 'L' scrawl.

Before i became more 'ahem' informed, i thought a Sensation i once owned a ways back was probably a 'Larson' because of the 'L'. Then i learned, there were no Sensations in the Larson collection :sorry:

Since Larsons ended in 11/41, that's why there are no Sensations in the collection.

The 'L' is a fairly common distributor code that usually doesn't indicate a pedigree (never for Larsons), though as you note many Trolleys did have the marking.

I like the Trolleys a lot. :)

I was pretty happy to pick this one up a while back. I think it might be the highest graded copy, even though it's not technically "high grade". Go figure (shrug)

hit%2012_zpso5zdwocd.jpg

Love that book. Considering how tough it is, I'd consider that high grade for sure.

Thanks mrmyst :) It's one I don't plan on upgrading.