• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink August wins/regrets- the outbid alerts are rolling in

164 posts in this topic

I'm not sure why people aren't more aware of this that generally one of the "slow" periods in the comic business is "Back to School". Notoriously one of my slower sales months.

Bob

Ditto here too.

I'm not sure why people aren't more aware of this that generally one of the "slow" periods in the comic business is "Back to School". Notoriously one of my slower sales months.

Bob

interesting.

Post 1966 Silver and Bronze is tanking fast in HG.

Every month the auctions are keeping the downward swing going on most books.

I now believe 100% there is too much material in the market every month. People don't have time to refuel their comic budget.

Instead of being surprised at the prices now, maybe we should have been even more shocked by the prices from a few years ago.

Personally, I've been kind of enjoying the prices lately:

Cap118.jpg

MarvelFeature2.jpg

+ 100 although the books I was after went for strong prices so I decided to pass on them. I see Metro has a 2nd Suscha MP #2 listed on their site asking $575 so you did very well on this purchase. (thumbs u

Considering so many soft prices in this auction, I wonder if it's more a bit of bad luck timing due to the hurricane down south, as well as people focused on watching the RNC? Maybe less an indication of the hobby and just environmental factors for this particular auction. (shrug)

No movie hype this month as well.

In May we had Avengers.

In June and July we had Spider-man and Batman.

2c

Lost out on this puppy via ebay when Sparkle City auctioned it off awhile back.

It sold for $2,813 and I bid $2,800. In the end I saved myself some coin since with BP and shipping it came to $2,123 tonight upon checkout. (Funny (ok sick) part was, I was prepared to pay double the original price it sold - pretty happy there wasn't another fruitcake like me tonight to get it get it up to my "secret maximum bid")

This book was a long awaited HUGE win for me.....Since it completes my urge to hoard (not a CGC hoarder prior to this feat) the three highest graded - 9.4 JQ #1s that were graded "ow/w" page quality. The other two 9.4s out there, just have "off white"pages.

This Bethlhem copy is #3 of the three books. :acclaim:

photo3-2.jpg

Sweet book! (thumbs u

Thank-you so much you three!!

Now, granted I'm bias cause I'm a JQ fanatic and this book along with the Transogram game are the two big grails for a JQ fan, but any orange or sunburst cover is just so strikingly cool looking in my book.

Cheers!!

$100K :ohnoez:

RADCD2CB2012525_84154.jpg

I actually think a very under rated and now ever growing aspect of the hobby is seeing these original art pages finally start to see some true historical value and appreciation in the world's eye.

By no means am I an art collector (unless it is pre-unity :shy: ), but I have always felt comic book characters are just as American as Baseball, jazz, and apple pie. To see American artwork of respected, credible, and talented individuals finally be viewed as true art for me feels like a big deal.

I know for years now other art collectors have been paying big bucks for classic pages, but I feel now these pages are being appreciated by art fans outside the hobby as well.

Another step for the hobby in a positive direction if you ask me. (thumbs u

$100K :ohnoez:

RADCD2CB2012525_84154.jpg

I actually think a very under rated and now ever growing aspect of the hobby is seeing these original art pages finally start to see some true historical value and appreciation in the world's eye.

By no means am I an art collector (unless it is pre-unity :shy: ), but I have always felt comic book characters are just as American as Baseball, jazz, and apple pie. To see American artwork of respected, credible, and talented individuals finally be viewed as true art for me feels like a big deal.

I know for years now other art collectors have been paying big bucks for classic pages, but I feel now these pages are being appreciated by art fans outside the hobby as well.

Another step for the hobby in a positive direction if you ask me. (thumbs u

wow!

Excellent!! :applause:

I won one page tonight, from one of my favorite cerebus issues

RAD618242012727_164216.jpg