• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Death of the Family" storyline (Batman)

371 posts in this topic

Anyone got info about the Joker Variant. Went to forbidden planet and at my LCS to find out they're all soldout. Was hoping it would still be there at least till friday.

Shops could order the variant based on their lowest ordered DC issue for this week. So if your shop's lowest order was 5 copies of Team 7, they could only order 5 Batman variants. That is my understanding.

Anyone got info about the Joker Variant. Went to forbidden planet and at my LCS to find out they're all soldout. Was hoping it would still be there at least till friday.

Shops could order the variant based on their lowest ordered DC issue for this week. So if your shop's lowest order was 5 copies of Team 7, they could only order 5 Batman variants. That is my understanding.

that is correct, although if you accidently put 50 on the order form, they generally arrive

I wish it worked for this one, as I put 15 down on my FOC (final order) and only got 6!

When doing my FOC 3 weeks ago, all it said about Batgirl was it was to be a prologue, so I upped the order about 20%. Still sold out in 3 hours.

Batgirl #13 should be the book from this entire arc that people will look for, if they want all the die cut covers because nobody upped their orders like they did for Batman. There just wasn't enough info from Diamond.

Jay

I bought one from my LCS yesterday and when I went back when they first opened, they were all gone. A hundred Batman 13 copies sitting there....Found the last copy at another store. The owner told me he had spoken to other stores around the country and they all complained that they were under shipped too.

I bought one from my LCS yesterday and when I went back when they first opened, they were all gone. A hundred Batman 13 copies sitting there....Found the last copy at another store. The owner told me he had spoken to other stores around the country and they all complained that they were under shipped too.

Sorry, just to confirm Shops in your area did not receive all the copies they ordered or they failed to order enough to begin with?

Sorry, just to confirm Shops in your area did not receive all the copies they ordered or they failed to order enough to begin with?

Yeah, that was what the owner at my store said. He stated that he and his co-owners talk to other shop owners around the country and it seemed to be an issue of stores ordering X number of copies and getting Y number of copies instead.

"under printed" is relative imo.

its a safe bet that there are still more Batgirl 13's printed then just about any independent book

I hear you on this. Maybe it will make the rush short lived (shrug) Most days I am left wondering how much planet flip is dictated by the postings on this board :screwy: ... and then again this is a Collector's Society after all.

The last Batgirl tie in was to Night of the Owls:

May - Comichron Rank #24 Batgirl 9 $2.99 DC Print Run 58,710

Go look at the prices for #9

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=batgirl+9&_sacat=0&_from=R40

43,990 and 47,050 in the months either side but growing. Hitting about 1/3 of the sales of Batman.

On paper it might not add up but I remember the original Death in the Family story line and boy was that good. It would take me a while to think about the amount of times I have re-read it. I love things that stir nostalgia for me and this arc already reads really well. If people are also planning on putting die cut sets together then this issue/arc will shift for a while either way. Especially if this only got around 60K.

I have to say when I first saw the title of this run and every cover I had to double take. I'll be glued each month for sure.

It's incredibly hot. I have one shop that I order comics from when everywhere else is sold out. They've come through for me on every book you can think of (e.g., Thief of Thieves 1, Revival 1, etc.) and they sold 400 copies of the book in less than 24 hours. It's officially one smokin' hot commodity. Good call Larry.

It's incredibly hot. I have one shop that I order comics from when everywhere else is sold out. They've come through for me on every book you can think of (e.g., Thief of Thieves 1, Revival 1, etc.) and they sold 400 copies of the book in less than 24 hours. It's officially one smokin' hot commodity. Good call Larry.

Next week it will be Catwoman #13. Already sold out at almost all online shops. You can get them at MyComicShop still but they limit you to 1. you might want to grab it now just in case.