• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Death of the Family" storyline (Batman)

371 posts in this topic

DIE CUT LIST

Batman #13 OUT

Batgirl #13 OUT

Catwoman #13 OUT

Suicide Squad #14 NOV 14

Batman & Robin #15 DEC 12

Red Hood & the Outlaws #15 DEC 19

Detective #15 DEC 5

Nightwing #15 DEC 19

Teen Titans #15 JAN 2nd 2013

Anyone planning to pick up every issue in this storyline? Since it's not a real crossover and it's all about "tie-in" books, I'm wondering if it'll be worth while to pick 'em all up (considering the story, not necessarily value speculation).

I doubt it, I'm not really interested in peripheral books, just the storyline itself. I do have copies of Batgirl and Catwoman #13 on the way thanks to songsaboutclouds, but beyond those I'll just stick to the books that have solid elements to the story in them.

I suppose a set of the die-cut would be nice, but I also suppose that's what DC want you to think. Now watch me end up with a full set.

Anyone planning to pick up every issue in this storyline? Since it's not a real crossover and it's all about "tie-in" books, I'm wondering if it'll be worth while to pick 'em all up (considering the story, not necessarily value speculation).

Nope - I love the core storyline and have been picking up the 1:200 sketch covers, and I picked up the 1:100 sketch cover, Joker variant and the NYCC Batman die-cut for Issue #13. Not the least bit interested in the cross-over issues (from a collecting standpoint).

Anyone with a good guess on how much of the Death of the Family storyline will fall into the peripheral titles? I'm tempted to get the entire series, including the Red Hood, Batman and Robin, Suicide Squad, etc. However, that's a lot of extra dough. I don't want to get suckered into buying them if A) they don't have much of the storyline in them, and B) they suck.

I read in interview with Snyder on CBR or newsarama where he indicated that DOTF would have self contained stories in each of the cross-overs showing how they are integral to Joker's plan, but that the Batman story is also self contained and he specifically indicated that reading the other titles is not necessary to enjoy the story in Batman.

Anyone with a good guess on how much of the Death of the Family storyline will fall into the peripheral titles? I'm tempted to get the entire series, including the Red Hood, Batman and Robin, Suicide Squad, etc. However, that's a lot of extra dough. I don't want to get suckered into buying them if A) they don't have much of the storyline in them, and B) they suck.

I read in interview with Snyder on CBR or newsarama where he indicated that DOTF would have self contained stories in each of the cross-overs showing how they are integral to Joker's plan, but that the Batman story is also self contained and he specifically indicated that reading the other titles is not necessary to enjoy the story in Batman.

Great!

I guess I'm still interested in the other titles, though. Has anyone read Red Hood, or Nightwing, or Suicide Squad? Wondering if they're good enough on their own to pick up this arc.