• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A .5 is a .5 No it's not!

Which Detective #31 would you buy.  

438 members have voted

1. 1. Which Detective #31 would you buy.

80 posts in this topic

With the permission from board member Hoarder who is also in the .5 Tec 31 club we want to see which comic you would want to own.

If presented with both comics and the asking price was the same which would you want to own?

Hoarder Tec #31. Missing back cover so no back cover pic.

hoardertec31.jpg

Lhcomics Tec #31.

detective31-1-1.jpg

detective31bc-1.jpg

I thought about this subject too and have passed on GA grails because the book would have a nice looking FC, but not BC. I would probably want a BC as well. I just want the book to be as complete as possible in case I decided to put on a full resto. work on the book. Without a BC, I feel the book should also be priced less than ones with one even if they both grade the same.

i'd want the one with a back cover!

+1

A comic without a front and or back cover, is not a comic book. It is "some" of a comic book.

To each his own, as always.

+1 this would be my sentiment as well. But the great thing about collecting is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I also say "to each his own".

I owned a Marvel 9 with no BC for a few years and it bugged me even tho the FC is what I enjoyed. Saying that, I would probably take Leroy's copy if that chunk was out of the lower right corner. I like the "Sept 1939" and the upper left and right corners are more important to me on a 31 than the bottom two. Still hard to pass on Hoarders nice appeal on the front cover. I would not restore either copy if I was buying.