• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Winner of the Weekend - Let Comics General Decide Response:

135 posts in this topic

It is just that he has chosen a shipping service that is ungodly expensive and then was surprised when a potential bidder messaged him about it being ungodly expensive.

In his first post, it also seemed like he was trying to claim that he had no choice when it came to shipping options:

Some countries like Canada have the option of Priority. Other countries like Australia only have the option of Express.

You would think the OP kicked your puppy or something.

1. He's honest about the shipping costs in the sale. Its not like he's shipping for $40 and charging $130.

2. He ships international while many do not.

3. If the shipping rate is an obstacle to some sales, he's only really hurting himself.

The vitriol feels unwarranted. His choice in UPS is his own, maybe he owns stock in UPS, maybe his dad and brothers work there, maybe his office uses it commonly and its a million times more convenient for him. Maybe he's like Kramer and doesn't want to support the Post Office, or he's been burned before by using USPS to ship to Australia. Who the eff cares???

He posted about what he thought was an unwarranted sarcastic attack on his ebay posting, and he just wanted to post a funny response back and sought the counsel of the boards.

What would be his motive to lie or scam anything? he brought up the thread. Valid questions might be about the size/weight of the item. Certainly not unreasonable to ask to see the posting, but I dont' think it means anything either way that he won't show it or give his ebay id. Different people are comfortable with different levels of privacy for many reasons, and I think as a community we should respect that if at all possible, especially when no one's money is inappropriately at risk.

Ironically, this OP is clearly trying to do everything he can to mitigate risk for himself and the buyers, and some people here have gone against his express wishes and posted his posts and information. Well congratulations to you people, you've accomplished....giving people more ammunition to pile on a fellow (honest) board member.

In his first post, it also seemed like he was trying to claim that he had no choice when it came to shipping options:

Some countries like Canada have the option of Priority. Other countries like Australia only have the option of Express.

I took it, as he was comfortable using Priority for some countries, whereas others, like (horror upon horrors) Australia, he would only ship 'Express' (based solely upon his judgement). Although, USPS Priority Mail International to Canada is not an option on the auction you linked.

It didn't help matters that he did not clearly state, until a much later post, that he meant UPS Worldwide Express.

It is just that he has chosen a shipping service that is ungodly expensive and then was surprised when a potential bidder messaged him about it being ungodly expensive.

Some examples from CGC auctions on Ebay

US $35.00 Australia Standard Int'l Shipping

US $38.10 Australia USPS Priority Mail InternationalTM

US $23.99 Australia Economy Int'l Shipping (this one was on a 14K item)

All with tracking!

and from the USPS website

Priority Mail International®

Features

•Delivery in 6 to 10 business days*

•Reliable and affordable

Includes delivery status information with our Track & Confirm tool**

Now you made him change his ebay handle. Not cool. (tsk)

I'm still trying to understand why the millions and millions of eBay scammers could see his name but he was worried about us seeing it (shrug)

I'm also still trying to understand why he didnt want anyone here to know he also sells Legos (shrug)

I'm lastly trying to understand why he felt the need to change his eBay handle because now people on here know that he sells Legos in addition to comics (shrug)

This thread makes Hulk head hurt! :makepoint:

Now you made him change his ebay handle. Not cool. (tsk)

I'm still trying to understand why the millions and millions of eBay scammers could see his name but he was worried about us seeing it (shrug)

I'm also still trying to understand why he didnt want anyone here to know he also sells Legos (shrug)

I'm lastly trying to understand why he felt the need to change his eBay handle because now people on here know that he sells Legos in addition to comics (shrug)

This thread makes Hulk head hurt! :makepoint:

Where there's smoke there's fire and something is definitely odd about this whole thing...or he's probably just a really weird dude (shrug)