• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic book related tattoo?
1 1

121 posts in this topic

Here's my Where the Wild Things Are sleeve. Although it's not a comic, it is most likely the one book responsible for my love of the stories I enjoy in comics.

My apologies for the link. For some reason the pic is not posting.

157886.jpeg

I wonder similarly, maybe post a poll in 10 years of the question:

"Does anyone have any comic related tattoos they've had done in the past which they now regret today?"

Not to knock tattoos, but the impulsive nature of securing permanent images knowing for various reasons, the biggest one probably isn't necessarily "I've grown out of / disinterested in" but more, "My body has limited inventory space to ink, so I've found something better I'd rather have that what's currently occupying that space" - - sort of like how people change framed pictures on their walls.

I have zero regrets for any of my tattoos, not even the one I laser we off. What mine represent to me were apart of my life for a long time before getting the tattoos though. I know tattoo regret is very popular but have a feeling many here on the boards won't have any comic related tattoo regrets other than possibly choosing the wrong artist who may have lacked the skill for the task. I've yet to see any of those posted though.

Nowadays tattoo removal is growing more and more popular for many reasons. A bad tattoo to begin with, an ex's name, tattoo location, or the fun one of fading the ink to get something new. I've come across a few artists who decided to get laser treatment with the main purpose of getting new tattoos. One even stated he'd probably laser the new ones off in a few years to get more new ink. Just like a painting on the wall. Well, sort of. I'd rather smash my finger with a hammer hanging a picture over exstensive laser treatment any day.

Whomever comes up with the highest quality temporary tattoo solution to address the "fashion" of having ink and being able to switch back and forth will make mega bucks...

The idea of permanent and that commitment I know is a badge of honor for many and anything short of that may be deemed "fake", so I'm not sure how that would be received and supported.