• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ready, Set, show me your Action ... 7, that is

39 posts in this topic

I just purchased a copy of Action 7 last night... :whee:

… No, not the New 52 copy, as my local comic shop owner thought! :blush:

A giant Thank You to Adam (Filter81), who is both a wonderful man and a terrific dealer. He really went to bat for me and made this nearly-impossible-find possible. And thank you to Eric and Rick for their thoughtful guidance along the way!

My book is a newly slabbed 1.0 and I'll post a scan below.

That got me thinking about (and excited to see) the other Action 7's out there. So I wanted to invite everyone to post their 7's!

Very nice pickup! I gotta get me one of these.

I have no ideal what you paid for this but with a handful of comics (and this is one of them) if you needed to find a solid investment for 5-20 years down the road it's a slam dunk.

Low grade keys have a much larger audience that can afford them.

You will never regret buying this comic.

Congrats

Oh, and here's my copy (can't wait for it to arrive!):

Ac7CGC10.jpg

Congrats on your pickup! :applause:

Looks like an excellent candidate for possible restoration in the future when there is less of a stigma attached to this type of work. Especially considering that virtually all other HG books in blue labels are already being worked on anyways nowadays.

A very wise investment for the future! (thumbs u

Oh, and here's my copy (can't wait for it to arrive!):

Ac7CGC10.jpg

Congrats on your pickup! :applause:

Looks like an excellent candidate for possible restoration in the future when there is less of a stigma attached to this type of work. Especially considering that virtually all other HG books in blue labels are already being worked on anyways nowadays.

A very wise investment for the future! (thumbs u

Here is the court copy that I show when this book comes up in threadtalk....Great pick up for you. Congrats!! jb

129787.jpg.dbbf682bc86a2bb1df65673e16416db0.jpg

I'm dying to know the significance of the SDNY court stamps on your copy, jbcomicbox. I actually work for the federal courts in Manhattan. Do tell.

This is one of the "lawsuit books" when DC brought an action for temporary and permanent injunction to squash "Wonderman" who (it we claimed) was a Superman wannabe..

See my article for more info.

http://www.comicartville.com/victorfox.htm

Note factual error in my article is that Fox was not a DC accountant but was in the same building selling/distributing other materials and there was testimony that he followed the mailroom returns on Action.....The testimony was pretty remarkable from Fox and Eisner claiming this was not tied to Superman when clearly it did.....Eisner was disgusted by his role and soon left Fox for greater things...jb

jb

Wow, That was a great read and a very interesting article. I'm just now slowlying growing in interest with GA comics so I've never heard of this story. Very cool that the Second Circuit Cour of Appeals affirmed the decision against Fox, that's where I work. I might have to see if I can look up the case when I get back into work on Monday.

I'm dying to know the significance of the SDNY court stamps on your copy, jbcomicbox. I actually work for the federal courts in Manhattan. Do tell.

This is one of the "lawsuit books" when DC brought an action for temporary and permanent injunction to squash "Wonderman" who (it we claimed) was a Superman wannabe..

See my article for more info.

http://www.comicartville.com/victorfox.htm

Note factual error in my article is that Fox was not a DC accountant but was in the same building selling/distributing other materials and there was testimony that he followed the mailroom returns on Action.....The testimony was pretty remarkable from Fox and Eisner claiming this was not tied to Superman when clearly it did.....Eisner was disgusted by his role and soon left Fox for greater things...jb

jb

Besides your Action #7- Court Copy, I see another Action #7- CC on Ebay once in a while for sale(with missing panels) from a board member, is there 2 court copies of the same issue?

Wow, That was a great read and a very interesting article. I'm just now slowlying growing in interest with GA comics so I've never heard of this story. Very cool that the Second Circuit Cour of Appeals affirmed the decision against Fox, that's where I work. I might have to see if I can look up the case when I get back into work on Monday.

Fwiw you can read the transcripts from the case here:

http://thecomicsdetective.blogspot.com/search/label/Detective%20Comics%20vs%20Bruns

It's fascinating stuff and an important moment in comic book industry history.

Besides your Action #7- Court Copy, I see another Action #7- CC on Ebay once in a while for sale(with missing panels) from a board member, is there 2 court copies of the same issue?

That's bluechips siegle copy

http://thecomicsdetective.blogspot.com/search/label/Detective%20Comics%20vs%20Bruns

Awesome, thank you for the heads up. (thumbs u

It is a great read because there in detail is where the "rubber hit the road" as to this Fox foray......