• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

These numbers are unacceptable especially when you take into account the QC they are having.  Two months just to open packages? 129 working days for Economy? We're about to see people waiting over a year to get their books back

Screenshot_20210529-095307_Brave.thumb.jpg.f3b5cd9ebad378949ccc11b7f6974a53.jpg

This is also starting to have me wonder what they will do about the membership credit. You send your books off for grading and if their delays push you past renewal the credit expires, but the delay is their fault. Especially if you send them for pressing first. 

1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This is also starting to have me wonder what they will do about the membership credit. You send your books off for grading and if their delays push you past renewal the credit expires, but the delay is their fault. Especially if you send them for pressing first. 

I did kind of ask about this in the "ask CGC" forum. 

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Yes, the credit will be good until your membership expires.  If your order is received before that expiration date then the credit will still be applied.

Thanks!

@Funnybooks

To be honest

You were half way right about my cgc submission 

Cgc marked it shipped, so I could get the grades and admire or analyze

Lol but 

It never made it to the carrier, so that's better than nothing Haha, to know the results, itll probably make it to the carrier Tuesday and be delivered next weekend

And since it's a quiet weekend 

And I'm halfway excited, and or , somewhat bummed

Everything in this submission that is below 7.0 grade

Didnt cost more than $2. Raw  so basically just the cost to grade but

Somehow I still feel like I lost..... and that I held up the line of y'alls subs

So my humblest apologies lol

Screenshot_20210529-180446_Samsung Internet.jpg

25 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

And since it's a quiet weekend 

And I'm halfway excited, and or , somewhat bummed

Everything in this submission that is below 7.0 grade

Didnt cost more than $2. Raw  so basically just the cost to grade but

Somehow I still feel like I lost..... and that I held up the line of y'alls subs

So my humblest apologies lol

Screenshot_20210529-180446_Samsung Internet.jpg

Congrats, still a good haul! CGC has an absolute ocean of books to contend with; 10 more or less isn't holding up anything. Hell, you can submit each page separately if you want to.

18 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Congrats, still a good haul! CGC has an absolute ocean of books to contend with; 10 more or less isn't holding up anything. Hell, you can submit each page separately if you want to.

It's appreciated!

The brave and the bold 33 is a late modern Newsstand 

But the rest are raws I found while out hunting, and the super heroes where Rogue gets her powers from Ms Marvel guest starring ghost rider, I won as a prize in a contest.

Still all at $2 or free, on books I may not buy myself in such low grade, I reckon I can make due with the grades and be proud. 

The bloodstone really surprised me though lol

All 7.0 and higher I had bought when supporting the LCS, it's easy to accumulate a bunch of raws but I wanted to do something with them....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The bloodstone really surprised me though lol

What's that bloodstone look like? Water damage or severe creases? I always feel like it's "hard" to get a modern that low unless it really went thru the ringer.

9 hours ago, Jaywalker0 said:

What's that bloodstone look like? Water damage or severe creases? I always feel like it's "hard" to get a modern that low unless it really went thru the ringer.

Yes the graders notes said it had ripples, while it didn't say specifically water, it might have been. I knew it needed a press, but thought since the "ripple" or fold at top of spine want too far down the book, I had it at 8.0 or 8.5, as it didn't really have spine stresses. Either that or I looked at it when I bought it and forgot before I sent it in lol

If the clock starts when the box is opened and not when they enter the system , CGC should receive them in about three weeks. I could be dead wrong but that fits both current turn around ND the turn around when I submitted.  I'm hoping I'll see them by July end. 🤞

1 minute ago, Ninja0215 said:

If the clock starts when they're delivered  and not when the box is opened and enter the system , CGC should receive them in about three weeks. I could be dead wrong but that fits both current turn around ND the turn around when I submitted.  I'm hoping I'll see them by July end. 🤞

FTFY

9 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

If the clock starts when the box is opened and not when they enter the system , CGC should receive them in about three weeks. I could be dead wrong but that fits both current turn around ND the turn around when I submitted.  I'm hoping I'll see them by July end. 🤞

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If the clock starts when they're delivered  and not when the box is opened and enter the system , CGC should receive them in about three weeks. I could be dead wrong but that fits both current turn around ND the turn around when I submitted.  I'm hoping I'll see them by July end. 🤞

@Ninja0215 compare

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Ninja0215 compare

Thanks lol sorry i didn't even notice . I'm using a site called day calculator.  You can subtract weekends and holidays so it gives a pretty good estimate of time. Hope there is movement soon. 

Edited by Ninja0215

1 minute ago, Ninja0215 said:

Thanks lolnsorryi didn't even notice . I'm using a site called day calculator.  You can subtract weekends and holidays so it gives a pretty good estimate of time. Hope there is movement soon. 

lol no worries

I was just trying to quickly clarify that TAT only make sense if they start when the package is delivered. When it is delivered it doesn't mean they've open the box yet. It only means they've opened the box when it is marked "received" (thumbsu