• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,029 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, lonetree said:

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 03/09/21
Received 04/01/21

Delivered 03/23/21
Received 04/17/21
Scheduled For Grading 04/17/21

Delivered 04/01/21
Received 04/29/21

Delivered 04/15/21
Received 05/25/21
Scheduled For Grading 05/25/21

Delivered 04/26/21

Delivered 05/04/21

Delivered 05/18/21

Nice - it looks like I'm only 2 weeks away from having my package opened by CGC.  When your 4/26 order goes thru I'll start checking again.

Edited by 1Cool

44 minutes ago, 1Cool said:
56 minutes ago, lonetree said:

Delivered 03/09/21
Received 04/01/21

Delivered 03/23/21
Received 04/17/21
Scheduled For Grading 04/17/21

Delivered 04/01/21
Received 04/29/21

Delivered 04/15/21
Received 05/25/21
Scheduled For Grading 05/25/21

Delivered 04/26/21

Delivered 05/04/21

Delivered 05/18/21

Expand  

Nice - it looks like I'm only 2 weeks away from having my package opened by CGC.  When your 4/26 order goes thru I'll start checking again.

Look at the depths we have fallen to: excitement over "only" taking around a month for CGC to open up your comics and mark them Received.

But big submissions and big money keeps rolling in, so why should they change it.

23 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Look at the depths we have fallen to: excitement over "only" taking around a month for CGC to open up your comics and mark them Received.

But big submissions and big money keeps rolling in, so why should they change it.

I still think we're being primed for an eventual Fast Track tier just for opening packages. Call it QwikOpen or BoxExpress or whatever the eff. At this point we'll be beating down their door to sign up.

37 minutes ago, Rezin1234 said:

Has anyone tried calling customer service when their books are at qc to be told they are no longer releasing grades until you can see it as shipped?

in the past once it’s been slabbed and at qc they would be willing to give me the grades. 

They've made me wait until shipped. It was a long weekend. Idk why they do that, maybe to see if qc catches anything to make it go back to grading?

I was even trying to see if it was marked shipped on their end and if it hadn't updated to where I could see it.

Thinking that if that happened they'd release grades, but then it would be marked shipped that day for me and I could see the grades anyway so meh

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 hours ago, Rezin1234 said:

Has anyone tried calling customer service when their books are at qc to be told they are no longer releasing grades until you can see it as shipped?

in the past once it’s been slabbed and at qc they would be willing to give me the grades. 

They're swamped enough as is, I think it's to discourage hundreds of daily calls for grades.

Also, if something "unfortunate" happened to the book between grading and encapsulation, the book would need to be regraded. 

The way I see it, if you've already waited a few months, a few more days won't hurt.

1 hour ago, Chazgee said:

They're swamped enough as is, I think it's to discourage hundreds of daily calls for grades.

Also, if something "unfortunate" happened to the book between grading and encapsulation, the book would need to be regraded. 

The way I see it, if you've already waited a few months, a few more days won't hurt.

Customer service doesn’t do any of the grading. They use to provide this service as of 2 weeks ago but they seemed to stop all of a sudden. 

Whether it hurts or not is irrelevant. I was asking if it happened to anyone else  

the way I see it they increased prices and yet are providing fewer services. 

Edited by Rezin1234

13 hours ago, Rezin1234 said:

I didn't even know this option existed before. doh!

On 5/25/2021 at 8:07 AM, skybolt said:

These books just went to SFG this morning. I'm hoping they get graded a lot sooner, similar to my other batch (took 7 business days after SFG). As I've noted before, it appears that CGC expedites grading for books with long CCS wait times. I also think it takes a couple of weeks for books to get officially received by CGC after getting pressed. This is likely included with the total TAT.

This is moving briskly now. My 12/21 quick press submission was received by CGC on 5/24, scheduled for grading on 5/25 and is now in Grading/QC as of today. This is a modern slow track submission.