• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Sounds like 'CCS in process' means they have the books in the room for pressing?  Still can't tell how long that might take...

Sounds like something you say when you’re not really doing anything but just filling time… when my boss asks me for progress update I always say it’s “in process” 

I have to congratulate CGC or Blackrock for finally recognizing that the lack of transparency and accuracy in its tracking of submissions was causing considerable angst on the part of its customers.  Hopefully, we will now all have a more accurate view of what's going on, and that will lead to a speedier process.

4 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

I have to congratulate CGC or Blackrock for finally recognizing that the lack of transparency and accuracy in its tracking of submissions was causing considerable angst on the part of its customers.  Hopefully, we will now all have a more accurate view of what's going on, and that will lead to a speedier process.

Spot on , spot on.... 

25 Modern Pre-Screen (No Fast-Track)
Received 3/25/2021
Scheduled for Grading  7/8/2021

So 72 business days to move one step along the way... not counting the 14 business days it took to unbox/enter my books into the system after delivery.

--I'm not sure I like the new transparency??....In the past the USPS tracking showed delivered, so I knew it was at CGC...They opened the boxes within a week and put the comics in the system, and then the wait began...Now my USPS tracking ends in  out for delivery limbo, and the  boxes sit somewhere at CGC for weeks and weeks and weeks before ever being opened and put in the system..How is this waiting better and more transparent??

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It will still go to qc before shipped 

they verified that QA/QC was separated into its own status/step in the submission process.

I didn't see "Grading/Encapsulation..." on my order detailed below, is this new process step listing as of like yesterday?   

5x Modern - slow, no addl services)

Delivered: 3/29
CGC Rcvd: 4/24
CGC Charged: 5/11
SFG: 4/24
Grading/QC: 7/2
F/I/S: 7/7

5 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

they verified that QA/QC was separated into its own status/step in the submission process.

I didn't see "Grading/Encapsulation..." on my order detailed below, is this new process step listing as of like yesterday?   

as of today it's an extra step

it's right inbetween SFG and QC

Its just showing the step before QC when it is graded and encapsulated :foryou: 

SO all our books are exactly where they were yesterday, it just clarifies I guess 

1 hour ago, SeanYork said:

18 Modern - Quick Press and Grading

1/6/21     Delivered      

1/21/21   Received           

6/8/21     Charged by CCS              98 days from box opening

7/8/21     CCS in process                22 days since I was charged

1 Standard Press and Grade

4/6/21    Delivered

5/3/21    Received by CCS

5/12/21  Charged by CCS

6/8/21     Scheduled for Grading

7/8/21     Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

Not gonna lie, when I saw that there were status updates I got a little excited. After seeing so many others I think it is just them renaming/adding to the stages.

Hey same here, how about that??? lol 

1 minute ago, X_Phile said:

Is this a new status? I don't think I have ever seen this on any submission before today:

image.png.b67cc9f0c1639e6622c9beae744bf534.png

I think it is, there are a couple new ones. It's pretty cool 

Edited by Ninja0215

11 minutes ago, X_Phile said:

Is this a new status? I don't think I have ever seen this on any submission before today:

image.png.b67cc9f0c1639e6622c9beae744bf534.png

22 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
29 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

Expand  

as of today it's an extra step

it's right inbetween SFG and QC

Its just showing the step before QC when it is graded and encapsulated :foryou: 

SO all our books are exactly where they were yesterday, it just clarifies I guess 

:tink::foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Magazine Economy TaT now up to 194 business days grading and 142 days for a CCS pressing. Total of 336 business days, not including warehouse time before the package is opened. At some point they need to start saying “business years” instead of business days…

All that said, because I’m a glutton for punishment I just dropped off another box of 25 books including some magazine size books to the post office to serve their 2 year sentence in CGC prison, here’s hoping they get out early on good behavior.