• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, lonetree said:

Here are the latest books that have shipped for me.  So getting closer.

Delivered 04/01/21
Received 04/29/21
Scheduled For Grading 07/02/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 07/08/21
Grading/Quality Control 07/09/21
Shipped 07/09/21

Getting there! Thanks!

3 hours ago, greggy said:

I have 600 at @joeypostwaiting to be pressed and submitted and over 1000 books at home waiting to be prepped and submitted eventually.  And that doesn't include the books that I continually buy every week. 

.....wow

Mind me asking, are you a dealer, speculator/flipper side hustle, or just working through umpteen long boxes to get a personal collection accrued over decades all graded?   

I mean...that's huge $ outlay for CFP + CGC each month.

12 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

.....wow

Mind me asking, are you a dealer, speculator/flipper side hustle, or just working through umpteen long boxes to get a personal collection accrued over decades all graded?   

I mean...that's huge $ outlay for CFP + CGC each month.

Do not question the master.  Greggy eats first and we all gleefully enjoy sucking on the teet of his leftovers.  

Anyone else having fun with Walk Through?

My previous WT submission that wasn't opened for three weeks was finally graded and shipped. 

It's been two weeks now and my final WT sub hasn't been opened. (Yes, I marked the box on all sides).

:censored:

Edited by MatterEaterLad

16 minutes ago, MatterEaterLad said:

Anyone else having fun with Walk Through?

My previous WT submission that wasn't opened for three weeks was finally graded and shipped. 

It's been two weeks now and my final WT sub hasn't been opened. (Yes, I marked the box on all sides).

:censored:

That walkthrough tier feels so outdated in today's market. Books bought for a few hundred 10 years ago now need walkthrough tier to get graded. That 3000$ treshold is so easy to achieve that those delays make sense (in an oxymoron kind of way). CGC has to reconfigure that tier, they simply can't keep up.

3 hours ago, Jkelly said:

I think they have barely just started opening May boxes. I have a box that was delivered May 12th that hasn't even been checked in yet. If its any indication of where they are at I have a Modern/Slow from April 1st that was finalized and mailed Friday.

6 hours ago, greggy said:

Yes, when 12 subs get billed at once and $7K gets added to my cc bill, it does looks scary...

Currently have six subs awaiting charges myself so CC will get punched in face soon. And while never maxing submissions, just my meager 5-10 books subs I've been splitting half keep/half flip to pay for the whole order. 1% cash back is nice on CC too! So I understand that cost benefit analysis. 

Some of my books have been shipped that I submitted mid March modern slow track.  So a 4 month wait.  Pretty ridiculous but whatever. 

Grades looked fair except for 3 of the books, which is most upsetting.

15 hours ago, lonetree said:

Here are the latest books that have shipped for me.  So getting closer.

Delivered 04/01/21
Received 04/29/21
Scheduled For Grading 07/02/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 07/08/21
Grading/Quality Control 07/09/21
Shipped 07/09/21

This was Modern Slow? That's something like 68 days. Considering what the Services and Fees page says, that's very fast. (it's sad that 68 days is considered fast)

45 minutes ago, BrntWS6 said:

Some of my books have been shipped that I submitted mid March modern slow track.  So a 4 month wait.  Pretty ridiculous but whatever. 

Grades looked fair except for 3 of the books, which is most upsetting.

Care to elaborate? Just curious as ai have seen people unhappy with grades recently and assuming there are grader notes that help understand why a harsh grade right?

48 minutes ago, Gaard said:

2 months to open a package. That ain't right.

still better than a year at PSA :shy:

Well like I said we have the power on the 1st level to slow CGC down.  Everyone stop submitting for 2 months.  Problem solved.

Once other submitters lay down their submissions I will do the same. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Once other submitters lay down their submissions I will do the same. 

"So for the good of all, we are agreed to implementing the great CGC submission moratorium of 2021..." 

"Hey! @NewWorldOrder has a box behind his back! I see it!...and he's sidestepping to that PO Box!

7 hours ago, Gator Guru said:

Care to elaborate? Just curious as ai have seen people unhappy with grades recently and assuming there are grader notes that help understand why a harsh grade right?

2 of them had notes of "pebbeling".  Which is assume are tiny dimples?  The 3rd had no notes on it.  Two 9.0 and one 9.2.  I looked those books over hard with an LED light and pressed them several times.  Covers were flat and clean.