• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

The problem I just noticed on mine I just received was the same.

I think CCS has some of the new guys pressing stuff now. I had a Uncanny X-Men 266 that was 9.8 all day and came back 9.6 with a miss press at the top causing top right fanning.

Had a few others slightly lower grade that looks like below average pressing.

Kinda glad my other books weren’t FT let them learn more on other peoples stuff before doing more of mine. I will be resending some of the bigger books that a professional presser should be able to correct the mis-press issues and resubmit to CGC or maybe the other guys based on Turn around when I get more then the 2 I have now needing it.

On the grading side I really think there is a huge disparity happening. It seems Bronze to Modern are being graded on a 9.8-0 scale not the 10-0 scale. But older books or even pedigrees (looking at you Promise) are getting insanely soft or high grades that would not fly at all for any of my newer stuff. I had a 9.8 come back that as 9.8 is now a 3k book and it has a small manufacturing tear on top right corner near binding and I was like 9.6 all day but got 9.8…… Keeping the book but still come on man …Had a ASM 300 come back 9.2 and 5 other guys are like no way it’s less then 9.6, but the best was the yellow label signature series for the book with no signature….I had been warned they grade especially hard on ASM 300 (aren’t they supposed to with all book period.) But grading it so hard they are seeing invisible signatures is new.

On 8/7/2021 at 3:40 AM, cujobyte29 said:

Meant how long are things in the encapsulation period?

Right. I was asking if the batch of books you’re asking about are FT Moderns that were marked as received on 6/17. I’m asking because I have 50 FT Moderns at CGC that were received/SFG on 6/23. I was trying to get an idea of when they may hit the next stage. 

Items........Date I shipped:.........CGC marked received.........Tier................................Status

14...............Mid March.......................4/1/21........................Value.......................Grading/Encapsulation

1.................5/28/21............................8/4/21.......................Walkthru...................Shipped 

2.................5/28/21............................8/4/21.......................Express....................Grading/Encapsulation

8.................5/28/21............................8/4/21.......................Standard..................Scheduled for Grading

6.................5/29/21............................Not Yet......................Modern....................???

1.................5/29/21............................Not Yet......................Mag Modern............???

1.................5/29/21............................Not yet......................Mag Economy..........???

28...............5/29/21............................Not Yet......................Economy..................???

On 8/7/2021 at 12:19 PM, gadzukes said:

Items........Date I shipped:.........CGC marked received.........Tier................................Status

14...............Mid March.......................4/1/21........................Value.......................Grading/Encapsulation

1.................5/28/21............................8/4/21.......................Walkthru...................Shipped 

2.................5/28/21............................8/4/21.......................Express....................Grading/Encapsulation

8.................5/28/21............................8/4/21.......................Standard..................Scheduled for Grading

6.................5/29/21............................Not Yet......................Modern....................???

1.................5/29/21............................Not Yet......................Mag Modern............???

1.................5/29/21............................Not yet......................Mag Economy..........???

28...............5/29/21............................Not Yet......................Economy..................???

Wow! Did you forget to mark the outer box with EX? That wait has to be nerve wracking. 🤢

On 8/7/2021 at 9:31 AM, Smushi said:

The problem I just noticed on mine I just received was the same.

I think CCS has some of the new guys pressing stuff now. I had a Uncanny X-Men 266 that was 9.8 all day and came back 9.6 with a miss press at the top causing top right fanning.

Had a few others slightly lower grade that looks like below average pressing.

Kinda glad my other books weren’t FT let them learn more on other peoples stuff before doing more of mine. I will be resending some of the bigger books that a professional presser should be able to correct the mis-press issues and resubmit to CGC or maybe the other guys based on Turn around when I get more then the 2 I have now needing it.

On the grading side I really think there is a huge disparity happening. It seems Bronze to Modern are being graded on a 9.8-0 scale not the 10-0 scale. But older books or even pedigrees (looking at you Promise) are getting insanely soft or high grades that would not fly at all for any of my newer stuff. I had a 9.8 come back that as 9.8 is now a 3k book and it has a small manufacturing tear on top right corner near binding and I was like 9.6 all day but got 9.8…… Keeping the book but still come on man …Had a ASM 300 come back 9.2 and 5 other guys are like no way it’s less then 9.6, but the best was the yellow label signature series for the book with no signature….I had been warned they grade especially hard on ASM 300 (aren’t they supposed to with all book period.) But grading it so hard they are seeing invisible signatures is new.

Agree that the grading scale seems off for Moderns.  My last submission came out on average 1-2 grades lower per book.  Interesting about the ASM 300. I know when I get books back with poor grades I tend to just dump them on Ebay to recoup the grading fees.  It really can provide good Crack-Press-Resubmit opportunities for mis-graded books.  It may be that there will be a whole range of books (by certification id) that could be prime candidates for CPR.

On 8/8/2021 at 3:29 PM, catch21 said:

Andy Kubert

Ahhh, that one tempted me, but opted for Silvestri which is still in holding pattern. Seems like they also arent announcing on FB/Insta when creators come in. Like no Q&A or drawing on whiteboard. So just a surprise when it's done. 

On 8/8/2021 at 11:12 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

Ahhh, that one tempted me, but opted for Silvestri which is still in holding pattern. Seems like they also arent announcing on FB/Insta when creators come in. Like no Q&A or drawing on whiteboard. So just a surprise when it's done. 

I think their default setting is to have it go to "Received at CCS" for signings that you want pressed and straight to "Scheduled for Grading" for those you don't.  I just sent in a Jim Lee batch that arrived July 29 and that was the status they got as soon as they were entered.  I also wish they were updated social media a bit more so we could get a sense of when we may see these books again, but I guess the wait game is the thing now for all subs.

On 8/8/2021 at 10:31 PM, thingsofstuff said:

I also wish they were updated social media a bit more so we could get a sense of when we may see these books again, but I guess the wait game is the thing now for all subs.

For sure. Best I have to guesstimate is artist rolled thru about 4-6 weeks after sub deadline. Which in case of Silvestri, that deadline was 7/05, so at point where he may have touched my books. Ah well ::checks watch, refreshes submission page, checks watch ad infinitum::

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 04/15/21
Received 05/25/21
Scheduled For Grading 05/25/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 08/05/21
Shipped 08/09/21

Delivered 04/26/21
Received 06/08/21
Scheduled For Grading 06/08/21

Delivered 05/04/21
Received 06/29/21
Scheduled For Grading 06/29/21

Delivered 05/18/21
Received 07/21/21

Delivered 06/01/21
Received 08/03/21

Delivered 06/09/21

Delivered 06/18/21

Delivered 06/29/21

Delivered 07/16/21

On 8/9/2021 at 6:56 PM, Iconic1s said:

Hey @onlyweaknesskryptonite you know I’m your #1 fan right? :golfclap:

:takeit:

(Don't know if I could say I am your #1 fan but definitely one of them . )