• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,041 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2021 at 3:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol we just got through talking about it a few posts up and on the page before this one, but yes if you right me on the box it is opened quicker and its reholdered and fixed for free......

As far as with the quickness, it varies.

Hahaha totally missed that and i'm normally up to date on this thread. Thank you!

On 8/13/2021 at 5:22 PM, Jkelly said:

Hahaha totally missed that and i'm normally up to date on this thread. Thank you!

Sure no worries. I kind of got away from topic with my distorted holograms, so I felt responsible Haha

:tink:

Supposedly you have 20 days from receiving them to get them reholdered for free.

So do it is my suggestion, even though it stinks to have to, truly.

I've had them reholder stuff that wasnt slabbed bg me, and longer than 20 days from received but I wouldnt riskit lol

Do it while you have the opportunity 

On 8/13/2021 at 3:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sure no worries. I kind of got away from topic with my distorted holograms, so I felt responsible Haha

:tink:

Supposedly you have 20 days from receiving them to get them reholdered for free.

So do it is my suggestion, even though it stinks to have to, truly.

I've had them reholder stuff that wasnt slabbed bg me, and longer than 20 days from received but I wouldnt riskit lol

Do it while you have the opportunity 

I actually already got the free label from them and since it lets you input the weight and box size I'm gonna mix in my next order I was gonna send out on their dime (in hopes) it gets opened faster than the 2 months its been taking.

On 8/13/2021 at 6:16 PM, Jkelly said:

Anyone have experience with "mechanical errors" I just got a large batch back that had a ton of labels on wrong books that clearly no one looked at while it was sitting in QC for 2 weeks. Customer service assured me if i wrote "ME" on the box its opened as soon as it arrives but I am very skeptical. Im interested if anyone else has gone through this and what your turnaround was.

They quality control is awful right now. They cracked open a ME for me and ruined the book. They offered an extremely lowball offer as a credit and want to return the book.

Its surely a thing but you have to re-submit them a certain way by going through the submission process, printing it out, shipping with ME on the side of the box and hoping you dont get screwed.

On 8/14/2021 at 1:25 PM, Chazgee said:
On 8/14/2021 at 12:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

A 5 book Modern Slow for Blue Label

Delivered with a SS box on 8/9/2021

Marked Received on 8/14/2021 :) 

"SS box" ?

A 5 book modern delivered with 1 book for in-house signing, SS = Signature Series

On 8/14/2021 at 1:35 PM, X_Phile said:
On 8/14/2021 at 1:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

A 5 book modern delivered with 1 book for in-house signing, SS = Signature Series

Thought SS = Super Speedy 

I wish lol but

What's odd or has me worried, CGC entered the 5 book modern as received, but

The SS book was 1 book and in the same cardboard bundle, except separated by cardboard in its own section of the sandwich....

Anyway, the 5 book modern is received, but not the 1 "SS" book (shrug) 

I wrote on "a" side of the cardboard sandwich the artist name etc, trying to be thorough, and I can't call until Monday lol SO I'm kind of like 

come-on-oh-come-on.gif

Really, I get to post this over 24 hours later after first seeing some good news? :banana:

Moderns back under 100

Low- Value Reholder a massive reduction 

I am hopeful that the old pricing surge is finally coming to an end, and with the comic market slight pull-back in market pricing (which is healthy for us all by the way) we are seeing them get caught up a little.

881095896_ScreenShot2021-08-14at11_41_18AM.thumb.png.5428e5e6c6567d4d16034d37ae7e1c34.png

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 8/14/2021 at 1:42 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I wish lol but

What's odd or has me worried, CGC entered the 5 book modern as received, but

The SS book was 1 book and in the same cardboard bundle, except separated by cardboard in its own section of the sandwich....

Anyway, the 5 book modern is received, but not the 1 "SS" book (shrug) 

I wrote on "a" side of the cardboard sandwich the artist name etc, trying to be thorough, and I can't call until Monday lol SO I'm kind of like 

come-on-oh-come-on.gif

It "could be" that

Since my SS book is for the signing and pressing, that it has to head over to CCS to be marked received?

That's the only reason that I can think of why hours later the same cardboard sandwich is not all accounted for (shrug)

idk, but my 5 book modern wasn't to be pressed, no idea :( 

image.thumb.png.44773eb59cf4d86e74a591bdd76cdd05.png

So if this is true, then all of my CGC SS books are getting graded right now, which seems unlikely.  I just got dinged on my CC for all of them with CGC.  With JL in the mix, it hurt a bit.  I figured it would be spaced out over time since they are so backlogged.  So I guess we are back to inconsistent billing again.  No status update though. They all still say "Received at CCS" or "Scheduled for Grading"

Did this happen to anyone else today (Saturday 8/14)?

On 8/14/2021 at 8:41 PM, thingsofstuff said:

image.thumb.png.44773eb59cf4d86e74a591bdd76cdd05.png

So if this is true, then all of my CGC SS books are getting graded right now, which seems unlikely.  I just got dinged on my CC for all of them with CGC.  With JL in the mix, it hurt a bit.  I figured it would be spaced out over time since they are so backlogged.  So I guess we are back to inconsistent billing again.  No status update though. They all still say "Received at CCS" or "Scheduled for Grading"

Did this happen to anyone else today (Saturday 8/14)?

I just got charged for I assume one of the submissions Joey pressed for me, but I can’t match up the submission with the invoice they charged. I don’t show any new submissions received so can only assume now. My walkthrough is going to be higher than the charge sent over today. 

So I have a magazine economy submission that was delivered in early April and marked as received on 5/12. No pressing. For those the follow this thread closer than I do, any guesses on when they will get to mine?