• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2021 at 11:59 AM, wombat said:

So I have a magazine economy submission that was delivered in early April and marked as received on 5/12. No pressing. For those the follow this thread closer than I do, any guesses on when they will get to mine?

a couple of months still :foryou: 

I had a modern and Economy mags:

Both Delivered 2/24

Both Received 3/17 and SFG

Both GEI on 7/08

The Economy mags however shipped back to me the next week in July, while my modern mags are still at "GEI" "grading/encapsulation/imaging" at cgc :( 

On 8/15/2021 at 1:31 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

a couple of months still :foryou: 

I had a modern and Economy mags:

Both Delivered 2/24

Both Received 3/17 and SFG

Both GEI on 7/08

The Economy mags however shipped back to me the next week in July, while my modern mags are still at "GEI" "grading/encapsulation/imaging" at cgc :( 

On 8/15/2021 at 1:32 PM, wombat said:

Thank you sir. 

For the sake of full transparency...

Mine were not pressed either, none of them were (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/14/2021 at 9:13 PM, awakeintheashes said:
On 8/13/2021 at 1:39 PM, awakeintheashes said:

1849518969_ScreenShot2021-08-13at1_37_41PM.thumb.png.6c434da8b50056eba20bc3faf533529e.png

Expand  

Working on a Saturday

901566584_ScreenShot2021-08-14at9_09_19PM.thumb.png.b4d06df3dea20add76498e2821f503a1.png

Another moved to G/QC this morning. 

1058714005_ScreenShot2021-08-16at9_29_45AM.thumb.png.b296548a6ab594d17ac0110880cc849f.png

Edited by awakeintheashes

I sent a package to CGC some time ago.  USPS shows that it was delivered to CGC on 08/09 and yet when I type the trackng number into CGC, they say they don't have it (it has not yet been scanned).  This seems strange to me.  I get that they may be behind in actually "grading" books, however, shouldn't they at least be scanning packages as they arrive (so they can account for what is actually there)?  IDK.  Is this normal?  I do not submit to CGC all that often, so maybe this is normal.  Any insights from you guys that are far more experienced at this than I am? 

On 8/16/2021 at 11:03 AM, Hudson said:

I sent a package to CGC some time ago.  USPS shows that it was delivered to CGC on 08/09 and yet when I type the trackng number into CGC, they say they don't have it (it has not yet been scanned).  This seems strange to me.  I get that they may be behind in actually "grading" books, however, shouldn't they at least be scanning packages as they arrive (so they can account for what is actually there)?  IDK.  Is this normal?  I do not submit to CGC all that often, so maybe this is normal.  Any insights from you guys that are far more experienced at this than I am? 

Don't panic. While I like the idea that CGC is giving you a way to see if they have it in the system, I have a couple that have been received, entered and in the process and never showed up in that tool. As long as you see it as delivered it will be there. Best way to check is when they are saying what week they are processing I have seen my books do get entered on that week. 

On 8/16/2021 at 10:08 AM, John Worley said:

FAST TRACK VALUE HELP PLEASE!!!

I have two books in SFG one delivered April 26 and one May 3. Can anyone who has books back from fast track value share their dates books were delievered? Much thanks...

I have 7x Value FT delivered on 4/24. No addl movement beyond entered as SFG. 

Mine took 3-4 days to show up in the system after actually being delivered. It will probably/hopefully show up this week. 

I have one that delivered to PO box on 8/2 and is not showing yet

On 8/16/2021 at 12:34 PM, Barth said:

I have one that delivered to PO box on 8/2 and is not showing yet

Thank you for that update.

I hope under the new management, things will improve.  If your package was delivered two weeks ago and is still not showing up (not even scanned), that seems problematic.  I wouldn't think scanning a package would require a lot of time. (shrug)

Thank you, again.

RECEIVED: 8/4/21
STANDARD
Quality Control/Finalized
RECEIVED: 6/28/21
STANDARD
Shipped
7/19/21
RECEIVED: 5/13/21
STANDARD
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging
Edited by djzombi
removed hyperlink

I have no idea what's going on.  Three standard slow-track orders: one received in May is in G/E/I, while one received in June was shipped in July, and one received TWO WEEKS AGO is currently being finalized.  

o.O hm

On 8/16/2021 at 2:32 PM, djzombi said:

I have no idea what's going on.  Three standard slow-track orders: one received in May is in G/E/I, while one received in June was shipped in July, and one received TWO WEEKS AGO is currently being finalized.  

o.O hm

The order in which submissions are processed seem exceedingly random. While they claim it's first in first out, it's very obviously not the case.

On 8/16/2021 at 8:08 AM, John Worley said:

FAST TRACK VALUE HELP PLEASE!!!

I have two books in SFG one delivered April 26 and one May 3. Can anyone who has books back from fast track value share their dates books were delievered? Much thanks...

My Fast Track Value that was delivered April 1st, Received 4/29 was delivered back to me last week. 

On 8/16/2021 at 11:32 AM, djzombi said:

o.O hm

Same is happening with me.  Some orders are just getting done out of order.  I am sure they will get all sorted out soon because the old pricing submissions should all be done now.  They are still getting tones of mail submissions, but you can tell the volume is much less than before. 

On 8/16/2021 at 8:38 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Same is happening with me.  Some orders are just getting done out of order.  I am sure they will get all sorted out soon because the old pricing submissions should all be done now.  They are still getting tones of mail submissions, but you can tell the volume is much less than before. 

I have an old value submission delivered 4/20, received 6/3 and still SFG. I have been billed, but I feel like even that metric doesn't mean anything anymore.