• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

Man - what a whirlwind of a last couple days.  My package of 25 books got delivered to my local Fedex Office (I ship there since I'm never home when they try to deliver packages to my home) on Monday and I went to pick it it up yesterday.  The package was showing up as being signed for and they couldn't find it!  The signer was not me obviously and the Fedex store didn't recognize the person either.  They sent me to another small Fedex office in the nearby city since mistakes happen but it wasn't there either.  I filed a claim with Fedex just incase but decided to give CGC a call in the morning and see if they could help.  CGC was helpful but since the package was shipped on my Fedex account and it was showing up as being signed for they really couldn't do much but took down the info in case it got returned.  I can't fault CGC at all in this case.  CGC was able to confirm that the package was shipped to the correct Fedex store.

Getting really scared I called back the Fedex store and got ahold of the manager and she went and looked again in the back room. . and came up with nothing with my name on it.  I described the size of the package and where it was shipped from to have her triple check every box in the place since I was completely freaking (losing 4K in books will do that to most people!).  She then says "hold up was it filled with comics?"  It turns out the delivery guy told then that the package was filled with store supplies and it got put into the supply area (I guess no one was smart enough to check the package).  Someone opened up the package later in the day and showed everyone the cool comics in the box and they actually discussed when FedEx was going to start selling comic books :cry:  and they put the box in the back office since I guess it seemed strange.  The manager went to look in the office and they were gone this morning.  She promised to call me back after she called the afternoon manager to see where they went.  Longest few minutes went by and she called to say she found them in another area and they are waiting for me.  The original box had been scrapped so there would have been no way for the books to get tracked down if I wouldn't have harrassed them and got lucky.  I'll go get them in a few hours so I'm not in the clear yet but it looks like things will work out for me this time.  When you consider the long wait for getting the books graded to the crappy high rate of rejects and now this - those books may be cursed at this point.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:44 AM, 1Cool said:

Man - what a whirlwind of a last couple days.  My package of 25 books got delivered to my local Fedex Office (I ship there since I'm never home when they try to deliver packages to my home) on Monday and I went to pick it it up yesterday.  The package was showing up as being signed for and they couldn't find it!  The signer was not me obviously and the Fedex store didn't recognize the person either.  They sent me to another small Fedex office in the nearby city since mistakes happen but it wasn't there either.  I filed a claim with Fedex just incase but decided to give CGC a call in the morning and see if they could help.  CGC was helpful but since the package was shipped on my Fedex account and it was showing up as being signed for they really couldn't do much but took down the info in case it got returned.  I can't fault CGC at all in this case.  CGC was able to confirm that the package was shipped to the correct Fedex store.

Getting really scared I called back the Fedex store and got ahold of the manager and she went and looked again in the back room. . and came up with nothing with my name on it.  I described the size of the package and where it was shipped from to have her triple check every box in the place since I was completely freaking (losing 4K in books will do that to most people!).  She then says "hold up was it filled with comics?"  It turns out the delivery guy told then that the package was filled with store supplies and it got put into the supply area (I guess no one was smart enough to check the package).  Someone opened up the package later in the day and showed everyone the cool comics in the box and they actually discussed when FedEx was going to start selling comic books :cry:  and they put the box in the back office since I guess it seemed strange.  The manager went to look in the office and they were gone this morning.  She promised to call me back after she called the afternoon manager to see where they went.  Longest few minutes went by and she called to say she found them in another area and they are waiting for me.  The original box had been scrapped so there would have been no way for the books to get tracked down if I wouldn't have harrassed them and got lucky.  I'll go get them in a few hours so I'm not in the clear yet but it looks like things will work out for me this time.  When you consider the long wait for getting the books graded to the crappy high rate of rejects and now this - those books may be cursed at this point.

Dang. Let us know they were all there after pick-up! :tink: sheesh!

The package was showing up as being signed for and they couldn't find it!    "hold up was it filled with comics?"  It turns out the delivery guy told then that the package was filled with store supplies ...

WTF?!   

Damn @1Cool I really hope you get those books IN HAND undamaged and intact. That's like the weirdest "lost package" story ever. But....coulda been so much worse. 

On 8/26/2021 at 7:35 AM, Yetti82 said:

Now the prescreens I sent in February are going for grading... and of course four days after they took $700 for the non prescreens received 6/14... &*^$ me running! 5 bucks says they mark all of the 6/14s for grading on Monday as well LOL........ 

image.thumb.png.2f72d78a8b31444ed9ee02a5a48da7eb.png

I had a 25x Modern Prescreen that was entered as Received on 3/26/2021 that was finally shipped on 7/28/2021. It is baffling to me that they are just now (about a month) getting to submissions in that same tier/service that were entered as Received on 3/31/2021 (based on your submissions above). I have one more 27x Modern Prescreen that was entered as Received on 4/1/2021, so I'll be watching for your updates to give me an idea of mine :wishluck:

On 8/26/2021 at 8:41 AM, Aarrow108 said:

I had a 25x Modern Prescreen that was entered as Received on 3/26/2021 that was finally shipped on 7/28/2021. It is baffling to me that they are just now (about a month) getting to submissions in that same tier/service that were entered as Received on 3/31/2021 (based on your submissions above). I have one more 27x Modern Prescreen that was entered as Received on 4/1/2021, so I'll be watching for your updates to give me an idea of mine :wishluck:

Fingers crossed for you as well! Hopefully there isn't a month lag between the weeks received 😬 if so my middle 9rder should be here in time for my birthday next year.

On 8/26/2021 at 7:44 AM, 1Cool said:

Sounds like at least there is a happy ending to this one? Fingers crossed they left the comics in the sleeves! 

On 8/26/2021 at 10:44 AM, 1Cool said:

It turns out the delivery guy told then that the package was filled with store supplies and it got put into the supply area

But it had your name on it?

Please let us know how it turns out.

On 8/26/2021 at 10:44 AM, 1Cool said:

This is a ridiculous level of incompetence. 

On 8/26/2021 at 10:53 AM, wombat said:

This is a ridiculous level of incompetence. 

Seriously. No one once thought, "Huh, this is weird, maybe this is a customer's package?". Also, why would you destroy the box that's custom sized for the product?

I shudder what you would do if this scenario happened….

FedEx Employee: "Nice comic books, really packaged well in these plastic containers.  We managed to break one out (AF15 in 9.4 white) with just a few tears.  I  read it and passed it around the office staff so they can read it".
:whatthe:

On 8/26/2021 at 2:05 PM, Tnexus said:

Seriously. No one once thought, "Huh, this is weird, maybe this is a customer's package?". Also, why would you destroy the box that's custom sized for the product?

Its hard to even wrap my brain around the series of events that must have taken place. 

1. Why is the fed ex guy telling them what is in the package?

2. Why would they listen to the fed ex guy about what is in the package"

3. Why would they not look at the name on the package?

4. Why upon immediately opening the package did they not realize they made a big mistake and this is clearly a customer's package?

5. Why did they throw out the packaging?

6. What exactly were they going to do with this package?

7. Why didn't someone realize it might be for the guy who was frantically looking for his package and that they signed for, but the package disappeared?

Not a chance in hell I would keep using this location. 

On 8/26/2021 at 8:35 AM, Yetti82 said:

Now the prescreens I sent in February are going for grading... and of course four days after they took $700 for the non prescreens received 6/14... &*^$ me running! 5 bucks says they mark all of the 6/14s for grading on Monday as well LOL........ 

image.thumb.png.2f72d78a8b31444ed9ee02a5a48da7eb.png

What do you know... my 4/7 prescreen went to gei today as well...

On 8/26/2021 at 5:38 PM, 1Cool said:

Quick update - all my books are accounted for and the slabs are still in great shape.  I got a lot of apologizes but no really good answers as to how it could have happened. Based on the results of my submission it may be another 18 months until I grade anything (they have to stop being crazy strict eventually) so I’ll look into a new FedEx office at that time.  Glad to get my books back after having them gone for 5 months!

Hmmm I’m glad it worked out for you and that I only ship with UPS. 

On 8/26/2021 at 3:07 PM, Nazirite said:

Hmmm I’m glad it worked out for you and that I only ship with UPS. 

Fed-ex is now cheaper to ship via Fed-ex ground than UPS ground by over $20 per 25-cgc slab box, which for me I had to make the switch because of my monthly CGC volume.  So far they have been fine. 

My Dad just retired after being with UPS for 30 years, so I do also like UPS.

Ironically the only time I lost anything from CGC was USPS lost my Registered Mail. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 8/26/2021 at 3:17 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Fed-ex is now cheaper to ship via Fed-ex ground than UPS ground by over $20 per 25-cgc slab box, which for me I had to make the switch because of my monthly CGC volume.  So far they have been fine. 

My Dad just retired after being with UPS for 30 years, so I do also like UPS.

Ironically the only time I lost anything from CGC was USPS lost my Registered Mail. 

Well at least that insurance claim would be an easy one to make.