• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2021 at 11:43 AM, cd4ever said:

I wonder if they are waiting on new cases to be made.  

That is an excellent point. Some materials have become unobtainium in the last year and a half. Supply chain issues have slowed auto manufacturing to a crawl. Who's to say CGC hasn't had similar issues, but just isn't advertising them. 

On 9/3/2021 at 6:07 PM, jokiing said:

The longer you wait....

I'm letting my Elite membership lapse as of 10/1.  Doubt I will send anything else in before that.  I really felt my last order was undergraded by about 1 grade per book on average, which just added salt into the wound of the excessive time it took for the grading.  When they can get their turn around times back below 50 days or so for modern slow track I'll get back in the game.  Who knows, the way graded comic prices have been going lately pausing the grading of my collection for a year or so might even end up being more profitable.

On 9/3/2021 at 8:30 AM, BrntWS6 said:

I dont understand why the huge backlog with magazines.  I called and asked if they were graded in a different department or something and she said no.  I have been waiting since March and I saw someone else received in January.  

From my understanding, it's always been this way with magazines. :(

Edited by Silver_Couch_Surfer

On 9/4/2021 at 9:20 AM, Petroman said:

I'm letting my Elite membership lapse as of 10/1.  Doubt I will send anything else in before that.  I really felt my last order was undergraded by about 1 grade per book on average, which just added salt into the wound of the excessive time it took for the grading.  When they can get their turn around times back below 50 days or so for modern slow track I'll get back in the game.  Who knows, the way graded comic prices have been going lately pausing the grading of my collection for a year or so might even end up being more profitable.

Silly collector, you should have included a promise collection certificate with each book and you would have automatically received a 3-4 point bump on each book

On 8/24/2021 at 10:49 PM, aszumilo said:

Magazine submission is now at shipped

Modern submission is still at scheduled for grading

Kind of odd since they were submitted at the same time and Magazine turn around time is 186 and Modern is 101 days.

So, the book was originally scheduled for delivery on Friday 8/27.  Then it changed to Saturday 8/28, before 5pm.  then time changed to before 7pm, then 8pm.  Then, around 10pm it went to "Awaiting delivery scan".  No further updates.  Monday I e-mailed the Post Office, thru the "Where's my package" option on their web site. Tuesday they just left an undeliverable notice on the door.  Never knocked or rang the bell.

So, today I went down to the Post Office to pick it up and this is the conversation I had with the clerk

Clerk:  Hi, can I help you?
Me: Yes, I am here to pick up a package, here is my slip
Clerk: I will be right back
Clerk: Is this Domestic registered?
Me: Yes, it shipped from Florida
Clerk: OK, give me a minute
A few minutes later...
Clerk: Oh, you are going to find this funny
Me: No, I probably won't
Clerk: The only person that has the keys to the safe left at 9am
Me: No one else can open it to get packages out?
Clerk: No.  You can always come back on Monday
Me: Monday is a Holiday, won;t you be closed?
Clerk: Oh yeah, then you can come back Tuesday
Me: I work on the other side of town and won't be able to make it here in time
Clerk: Well, I am sure it will be here next Saturday
Me: (Storms out, pissed)

On 9/4/2021 at 5:06 PM, Courageous Cat said:

Silly collector, you should have included a promise collection certificate with each book and you would have automatically received a 3-4 point bump on each book

LOL, that's a pretty sad attempt at humor.  I've seen a few others post here about lower grades with recent submissions, but who knows, maybe I just got a grader on a bad day, or maybe the new graders they've hired are still learning the ropes.  One grade lower can have huge impact on the resale price of a book, especially a 9.6 vs. a 9.8, so I'm happy to wait a bit to see if both the grading times and grades stabilize a bit.

6 Modern Fast Track

6/21: Delivered

8/19: Received

8/19: SFG

8/25: G/E/I

8/26: G/QC

8/30 Shipped

9/4 Delivered :banana:

10 Modern Fast Track 

8/25: G/E/I

8/26: G/QC

8/30 Shipped

9/4 Delivered :banana:

25 Modern

16 Modern

Now the long wait for the the non FT books.

54 days from delivery to return!

Edited by Jemin

On 8/27/2021 at 8:23 AM, 123beeb said:

does current turnaround mean day received to day returned ?

i have 2 modern orders

received 7-23 and 7-29

still say "scheduled for grading" for weeks ???

(these were shipped in may fyi)

On 9/5/2021 at 5:09 PM, comixry said:

Anyone know if CGC cases are USA made? Currently US ports are backlogged and don't expect any easing until sometime 2022.

Thay would suck.  But if they are out of cases I wonder why they would move any out of SFG.

Edited by BrntWS6