• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2021 at 12:33 AM, bloodwings19 said:

I sent mine in March, I found out I got charged for pressing today.  Maybe I will see it in 2022.  Not in a hurry.

What was your received date? I sent mine in March, and the were initially received on 4/7. Then switched to received by CCS on 7/29.

On 9/8/2021 at 5:25 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Book from the Connor / Palmiotti signing (with pressing) moved from "received at CCS" to "scheduled for grading" today with a new receive date.

Did they go all hush hush and not announce the signing had taken place..??

They've been taking their time about posting the videos/pictures from the signings. Sometimes its multiple weeks later. 

On 9/9/2021 at 8:13 AM, 123beeb said:

if thats the case im going on 120 days ?

Same here.  I had a submission delivered 4/29, in the "Did CGC get it" system 5/3 and officially received 5/7.

Which according to this puts me at 133 business days from 4/29.  Current TaTs are 103 days for Slow Modern.....

Worst part is it was 'mistakenly' put in QC/Finalized on 5/26 and has been stuck there ever since.  When I call, it's still scheduled to be graded and "not to worry until September" (shrug)

On 9/9/2021 at 8:38 AM, thingsofstuff said:

Same here.  I had a submission delivered 4/29, in the "Did CGC get it" system 5/3 and officially received 5/7.

Which according to this puts me at 133 business days from 4/29.  Current TaTs are 103 days for Slow Modern.....

Worst part is it was 'mistakenly' put in QC/Finalized on 5/26 and has been stuck there ever since.  When I call, it's still scheduled to be graded and "not to worry until September" (shrug)

good to hear but not good hear haha i was hoping i wasnt the only one - after psa shutdown i thought i get into comics again but it sounds like by the time i get these back psa will be back open haha

On 9/9/2021 at 8:38 AM, thingsofstuff said:

You're actually at 95 business days.  It's been 133 regular days.  When CGC says it 103 business days it means you have to take that number, divide it by 5 and then multiply by 7 to get an estimate of how many actual days it may take.  I made a spreadsheet with this formula to have an idea of how long my wait is going to be.  

Edited by J RANDALL
misspelling

On 9/9/2021 at 11:09 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Im sending in four moderns but I have  several older books that need slabbing also. I might have to do two orders. 

Send under one order. They will break apart into separate tiers for you, but should only be charged a single $5 handling charge (FWIW).

On 9/7/2021 at 4:11 PM, graffix13 said:

Anyone have anything in the old Value tier? I looked at the last few pages and didn't see any updates. I have books in there SFG on 5/18/21 (non-FT) and was wondering if anyone had books in that tier around that date? 

I had a value tier received on 3/26 get shipped on 6/24, so roughly 3 months at that point in time.  My next value was received on 4/19 and has been parked in G/E/I for quite awhile now...approaching 5 months for that submission.  A 5/15 value tier still in SFG.  7 month turnaround on Economy tier now...hoping they at least stay ahead of when the submissions drop off the tracking list zzz