• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,036 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2021 at 6:38 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Value Fast Track - 6 (FT Econ. TAT - 91 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 06/17/21 
  • Received/SFG - 06/18/21 (D + 1)
  • G/E/I - 09/02/21 (D + 44)
  • GQC - 09/15/21 (D + 53)
  • Shipped - 09/17/21 (D + 55)

Called it @Jaywalker0
Good luck @Ryan.and @joeypost

I've made peace with my plight. At this point I may as well see if my books can make it to the year mark. 

a major dealer that i follow on IG just posted a video showing the pile that he's submitting to CGC and a bigger pile that he's sending to the competition, for the first time. he explained how he came to this decision. i wonder if more dealers and other customers started removing their business from our overlords, if the turnaround times and customer service might improve. i would not consider sending books to be graded anymore, given the absurd turnaround times. selling comics is not my business, but i cannot imagine how anyone who's business involves getting raw books graded for later sale can manage with these turnaround times. over a month after books are delivered before they even show as received??? really???? this should be unacceptable to everyone imo. @Hudson

On 9/18/2021 at 9:40 AM, alexgross.com said:

a major dealer that i follow on IG just posted a video showing the pile that he's submitting to CGC and a bigger pile that he's sending to the competition, for the first time. he explained how he came to this decision. i wonder if more dealers and other customers started removing their business from our overlords, if the turnaround times and customer service might improve. i would not consider sending books to be graded anymore, given the absurd turnaround times. selling comics is not my business, but i cannot imagine how anyone who's business involves getting raw books graded for later sale can manage with these turnaround times. over a month after books are delivered before they even show as received??? really???? this should be unacceptable to everyone imo. @Hudson

I'll be sending in two more submissions in the coming months and that should do it for quite a while.  Good news is that tourist space shuttle trips to Mars will be common so I can book a trip while I'm waiting on my books to get back to me if I haven't passed on yet. 

Edited by musicmeta

On 9/17/2021 at 9:19 PM, Hudson said:

Update - It is now 09/17 and CGC still has not even scanned my package yet.  In what world is this considered acceptable customer service?

USPS shows pacakage delivered on 08/09 and yet CGC still has not even scanned it as received.  39 days and counting.

My 8/2 USPS delivery was finally opened last week and is SFG 

On 9/16/2021 at 8:28 PM, joeypost said:

You have economy fast track back from 07/01/2021?

I wonder what excuse they have for not having my books from 4/28/2021 not done yet. 

I shipped 4 books to be graded (my first ever graded books) and they were delivered 05.12.2021. I had them done Fast Track Modern with a Received date of 07.21.2021, through grading and all of that and shipped back to me on 08.24.2021, and in my hand on 08.27.2021 (Three books that is, since the 4th book is Fast Track Value and is currently in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging for roughly the past week and a half and is a book with a lot of problems, but I wanted it graded anyway.)

I'm uncertain if that helps you with your order tier. 

On 9/17/2021 at 9:19 PM, Hudson said:

Update - It is now 09/17 and CGC still has not even scanned my package yet.  In what world is this considered acceptable customer service?

USPS shows pacakage delivered on 08/09 and yet CGC still has not even scanned it as received.  39 days and counting.

Sent a few more books to be graded earlier this month. When I enter my tracking number I get this message: 

"Your package has been delivered and is securely stored in our facility. It will appear in the Submission Tracking tool once it has been opened."

I'm new to the grading thing, especially getting my own books done, but based of the first few I sent in the middle of May this year, the same message appeared and eventually there was a note in the Grading/Service and Fees area ( https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/ ) that showed a message stating they were opening books received during whatever week. It was shortly after that (within a week?) that it showed up in my submissions.

Hope this helps a little.

On 9/18/2021 at 10:41 PM, Lirion said:

Sent a few more books to be graded earlier this month. When I enter my tracking number I get this message: 

"Your package has been delivered and is securely stored in our facility. It will appear in the Submission Tracking tool once it has been opened."

I'm new to the grading thing, especially getting my own books done, but based of the first few I sent in the middle of May this year, the same message appeared and eventually there was a note in the Grading/Service and Fees area ( https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/ ) that showed a message stating they were opening books received during whatever week. It was shortly after that (within a week?) that it showed up in my submissions.

Apparently they are not scanning packages in the order they arrive.  Maybe they just toss them in one big pile and then throw darts at them to decide which one to scan next.  IDK.  I appreciate you sending this info.  Good luck with your grades!!

On 9/18/2021 at 10:41 PM, Lirion said:

Did you have to write EX or WT on the sides of the box?

I got an update from my LCS that submitted the books for me.

4 Books Economy

Delivered 7/12/21

Received/SFG - 9/2/21

On 9/19/2021 at 10:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Chazgee or anyone else have movement on mags?

Mine delivered in February 

I mean current tat puts us at 7 months for modern? Isnt September 7 months?

My mags were for the Bill Sienkiewicz In House signing, so they're on a different TAT.

Speaking of which, CGC announced that he was supposed to sign 2 weeks ago. Has anyone seen any movement on their Sienkiewicz books?

On 9/20/2021 at 7:43 AM, gregwynn said:

It's business days....you only count M-F....so its at 213 days ie.....11 months or so

Oh I was thinking 213 divided by 5 business days is 

42 meaning 42 weeks 

42 divided by 5 weeks in a month.

But even that puts it at about 8-9 months.

Not 7 and doesn't count holidays...

On 9/20/2021 at 10:19 AM, Chazgee said:

My mags were for the Bill Sienkiewicz In House signing, so they're on a different TAT.

Speaking of which, CGC announced that he was supposed to sign 2 weeks ago. Has anyone seen any movement on their Sienkiewicz books?

No movement on mine yet either.  Where did you see that the signing was supposed to be 2 weeks ago?  I feel like they used to update FB or Twitter when the signings were happening with a quick video but not so much anymore.

On 9/20/2021 at 10:59 AM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.5f809c3c7b63cad87b6163a6882b560e.png

@greggy can I just send you my subs?  I still have a Modern Standard sitting since 5/7 that hasn't moved other than a mis-scan.  Customer Service tells me not to worry until after Sept. as its still within in TaTs.  I keep seeing yours from 6/4 and 6/5 ship and I am a bit jealous.  

On 9/20/2021 at 11:26 AM, thingsofstuff said:

No movement on mine yet either.  Where did you see that the signing was supposed to be 2 weeks ago?  I feel like they used to update FB or Twitter when the signings were happening with a quick video but not so much anymore.

No video of the signing so far.

CGC_FB_BS.thumb.jpg.6e380b5158323203f90980055c03b4da.jpg

On 9/20/2021 at 8:59 AM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.5f809c3c7b63cad87b6163a6882b560e.png

WTF. I thought you said you were going to put in a good word for me, Greg. I have 25 Modern from 6/4/21 still listed as GEI for a couple of weeks now. 

Edited by kimik