• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2021 at 12:47 PM, Beige said:

Update time

Harshen has now admitted the books have been lost since AUGUST

How can you lose 20 books THAT ARE ENTERED INTHE SYSTEM and not find them in TEN WEEKS??

Ten whole weeks.

One of which is a $15,000 book

Is anyone going to go the extra yard at CGC and, I dunno, maybe get off their behinds and actually go look for them?  Joey has been on to CGC weekly - and got nowhere.

If CFP comics can't get CGC to pull its finger out, then expect many.many more books to 'get lost'

There are only 2 reasons - negligence or theft. I would hope its negligence - which can easily be fixed, BY MAKING A BLOODY EFFORT TO FIND THE TWENTY MISSING BOOKS!!

@Harshen @joeypost

New update

Books still nor found.

Zero reply from CGC to emails.

Joeys phone calls get fobbed off.

Lost since August.

Bravo CGC, you must be so proud....

Or you don't give a toss. 

I guessing the latter.  No wonder CBCS subs are increasing by the week.

CGC's customer service sucks.

On 10/19/2021 at 4:43 PM, Willbert said:

I've got two small Fast Track Moderns sitting on G/E/I for 2.5 weeks now myself. The thing is is that they are graded already. If you ever look at your "grade date" under the CERT # it's almost always the same day that the status changed to G/E/I. I think the indicated status is the last completed event. It'll change to Quality Control after slabbing and Shipped after it's ready for pickup by the carrier. Just my observation since I've got nothing else to do as I wait.

Yeah but where can you see the Certification #? All I show is Order # and Submission #.

On 10/20/2021 at 8:53 AM, graffix13 said:

Yeah but where can you see the Certification #? All I show is Order # and Submission #.

You won't until they are marked as shipped. I keep a record of all the dates during grading and after I gotten several orders back, I noticed the indicated Grade Date, assuming it's accurate for day of actual grading, was usually the same day that it went G/E/I. Just my experience.

On 10/20/2021 at 11:03 AM, J RANDALL said:

Looks like they changed the TAT for modern slow to 119.  I guess they were tired of all the emails asking why haven't I received my books.

Was about to say the same thing. Here’s the details. At least the holiday package rush won’t affect our shipments🎅

D32A2181-5D1B-4083-A099-3ACED24EFB3C.jpeg

On 10/19/2021 at 5:14 PM, Fisionbomb said:

I inquired about when my (Silvestri remarque, no pressing) stuck in G/E/I order would ship, below is the response:

You picked the right user name cuz you da bomb! Thanks!    

Now maybe I can stop picturing my books singing the "I'm so ronery" track from Team America: World Police

Walkthrough was received on 10/4/21, still not opened. Customer Service said this morning that I am on a "list" of people who sent in Walkthrough and Express that have yet to be opened. Crazy  that they reduced Walkthrough turnaround from 13 to 12 days and its been 13 business days and my box hasn't been opened.

I'm hoping worst case scenario it gets opened when they are "Opening boxes that arrived October 4th".

Edited by FrankTheTank92

On 10/20/2021 at 2:46 PM, FrankTheTank92 said:

Walkthrough was received on 10/4/21, still not opened. Customer Service said this morning that I am on a "list" of people who sent in Walkthrough and Express that have yet to be opened. Crazy  that they reduced Walkthrough turnaround from 13 to 12 days and its been 13 business days and my box hasn't been opened.

I'm hoping worst case scenario it gets opened when they are "Opening boxes that arrived October 4th".

How many on "the list" is better question. 

On 10/20/2021 at 2:46 PM, FrankTheTank92 said:

Good luck, this was the one I had sit forever, it was heavily marked so not sure how it could have got lost.

Walkthrough 

Delivered -Via USPS 4-16

Received-5-27

SFG-5-27

G/QC-5-28

Shipped-5-28

...and yea' the heavens parted....JUNE RECEIVED SHIPPED, YA'LL!    

11x Modern (no addl services)

Delivered: 5/5
Rcvd: 6/29
SFG: 6/29
G/E/I: 10/13
Grading/QC: 10/19/2021
Finalizing/Shpped: 10/20/2021

Bad news, the first 5 books in the order ALL have grader notes indicating "bottom left corner crush" either large, slight, or on one entire bottom book?! I know how to send books, so methinks a fat stack fell off a table, or off cart, or out of handlers hands ::sigh:: At least these were "flipper" type books effected and not the rest I intended to keep for personal collection.
Don't know if I'm happier to have them coming home or should be madder that they got borked. 
Best of luck to all you still waiting on the summer subs!

Edited by Jaywalker0

On 10/20/2021 at 7:07 PM, greggy said:

Not sure what happened here but these two were in SFG for almost 4 months and appeared to get to shipped during the black out.

image.thumb.png.02958d8649664f06d88505d4c52854d3.png

Have you peeked at the grades...how did the books handle being incarcerated for 6 months?

On 10/20/2021 at 6:07 PM, greggy said:

Not sure what happened here but these two were in SFG for almost 4 months and appeared to get to shipped during the black out.

image.thumb.png.02958d8649664f06d88505d4c52854d3.png

My Modern submission received on 6/17 is STILL in G/E/I.  Oh well..I'll enjoy the long term storage.  Good news is at least some folks are getting their books graded and shipped.  Congrats!

On 10/20/2021 at 12:26 AM, Beige said:

New update

Books still nor found.

Zero reply from CGC to emails.

Joeys phone calls get fobbed off.

Lost since August.

Bravo CGC, you must be so proud....

Or you don't give a toss. 

I guessing the latter.  No wonder CBCS subs are increasing by the week.

Horrible.

And yes, CBCS definitely has CGC to thank for the huge influx of business in 2021.

CGC's customer service sucks.

But.. I think that's the one thing CGC beats CBCS on.

Slow track Modern shipment of 5 books delivered Monday, opened today and SFG. Guess I'm on this fast track test....

Meanwhile, old Value submission from April just went to G/E/I Tuesday but based on what I've read here I still may not get those back til next year.

Checked in with my LCS on my submission (4 books economy) and still SFG since 9/2 (delivered 7/12). Still hoping for a Christmas miracle. :wishluck:

On 10/20/2021 at 12:09 PM, PKJ said:

Good luck, this was the one I had sit forever, it was heavily marked so not sure how it could have got lost.

Walkthrough 

Delivered -Via USPS 4-16

Received-5-27

SFG-5-27

G/QC-5-28

Shipped-5-28

On 10/20/2021 at 12:03 PM, X_Phile said:

How many on "the list" is better question. 

My books now show received 10/21/21 and my walkthrough is now "grading". Guess I got lucky and got in touch with the right person in customer service yesterday. 

On 10/21/2021 at 2:28 PM, FrankTheTank92 said:

My books now show received 10/21/21 and my walkthrough is now "grading". Guess I got lucky and got in touch with the right person in customer service yesterday. 

Yeah I have one that was delivered early May, marked as received by CGC on 6/22 they think got put in slow track. I have been talking to CGC for 10 weeks now and they still can't locate it.

image.thumb.png.8c3bd4041a24eb24fd4882a0889114af.png