• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

3 Fast Track Modern and 5 Fast Track Modern

Delivered: 09/03

SFG:       09/07

G/E/I:     09/20

G/Q:       10/26

Shipped:   10/27

Marked "SHIPPED" this morning around 7:30 AM after changing to G/Q at 6 PM last night. And that previously mentioned gut punch of grade disappointment....well that was delivered with extreme prejudice. But to be fair, some of that pain with self-inflicted. Not all but some.

I submitted 25 comic books in 2008 and am still waiting to receive them. However, I vaguely recall sending them to CGC's Moscow address.

Moscow, ID that is. (edit)

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe

I'm getting the impression that GEI is the new purgatory. I have had two individual books from signings sitting in GEI a couple of days shy of a calendar month now. Recently it seems that if a sub hits GEI it either moves to shipped like instantaneously, or you need to get ready to wait for a looooong time. No inbetween.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:45 AM, mysterio said:

I'm getting the impression that GEI is the new purgatory. I have had two individual books from signings sitting in GEI a couple of days shy of a calendar month now. Recently it seems that if a sub hits GEI it either moves to shipped like instantaneously, or you need to get ready to wait for a looooong time. No inbetween.

I also get that feeling too!

On 10/27/2021 at 9:11 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

I also get that feeling too!

I wish there was a simple explanation. Are the various submissions separated into 2 or 3 different batches to be graded by different groups of individuals? Does Team A enter these books in as G/E/I as soon as they enter the grading room, while Team B does that after they're graded? Have members of Team A been out sick or on vacation, which is causing some delays (especially with respect to the senior grader)? I have no idea.

Gonna consolidate all this together 

Five 25 book submissions - modern slow with pressing 

3/11 - Mailed to CGC 

3/15 - Delivered to CGC facility 

4/7 - Received by CGC

7/29 - Received by CCS

9/23 - CCS in Process (subs 1,2,3)

10/19 - CCS in Process (subs 4,5)

? - Received back by CGC...

? - SFG

? - GEI

? - G/QC

? - Shipped

On 10/27/2021 at 12:15 PM, sfcityduck said:

Should I be worried?

Economy Received on 6/26/21, almost immediately "scheduled for grading" and no action since.

No. It will sit there in that state for 5-6 months or so. Unless you get lucky. 

On 10/27/2021 at 12:19 PM, Droid81 said:

I have a set of 10 books at CCS received on 7/12.  Maybe I'll see movement on mine this week as they are still just 'Received at CCS."

Are they modern slow track? Mine have been sitting at received since 4/11.

Anybody noticing submissions with SS yellow labels taking longer than regular blue? I have 2 reholder subs, one with a yellow label one with just universal blue. The one with blue labels was received 2 weeks after the yellow label sub and was finished (G/QC) 16 days ago while the older sub is languishing in SFG. So the first sub is taking over a month longer now even though it's the same amount of books same service. Just that it has a yellow label. I don't know, seems kind of weird. 

Was hoping the card backlog clearing up at cgc would speed things up a little. Guess not. These TATs are brutal!

On 10/27/2021 at 1:01 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Anybody noticing submissions with SS yellow labels taking longer than regular blue? I have 2 reholder subs, one with a yellow label one with just universal blue. The one with blue labels was received 2 weeks after the yellow label sub and was finished (G/QC) 16 days ago while the older sub is languishing in SFG. So the first sub is taking over a month longer now even though it's the same amount of books same service. Just that it has a yellow label. I don't know, seems kind of weird. 

Was hoping the card backlog clearing up at cgc would speed things up a little. Guess not. These TATs are brutal!

Will probably get worse with graders taking time off for the holidays.

There is absolutely ZERO rhyme or reason to whatever CGC is doing right now. 125 book modern SLOW track that was received 10/22 just shipped today. That is 5 calendar days for those of you keeping score at home. Granted they were in CGC's possession in early September but since the box didn't get opened till last week they were only "received" 5 days ago. My standard sub received at the same time is SFG. The TAT on modern slow track is 3x longer than standard. I think people are just picking boxes at random these days and throwing 'em over to the graders... "this one looks about ripe, grade this one".

Ok.  Sent 16 modern, no pre-screen, no pressing.  Came in yesterday. These are all for my personal collection.  I really wasn't expecting them for at least the turn of the year.  When I got the notice I thought they arrived damaged and CGC was sending them back.  I'm happy with the quickest turn around I've ever seen by them.  So thank you.  

On 10/27/2021 at 6:38 PM, LordRahl said:

There is absolutely ZERO rhyme or reason to whatever CGC is doing right now. 125 book modern SLOW track that was received 10/22 just shipped today. That is 5 calendar days for those of you keeping score at home. Granted they were in CGC's possession in early September but since the box didn't get opened till last week they were only "received" 5 days ago. My standard sub received at the same time is SFG. The TAT on modern slow track is 3x longer than standard. I think people are just picking boxes at random these days and throwing 'em over to the graders... "this one looks about ripe, grade this one".

The post above seems to confirm this theory. 

So I sent in a book for the Frank Miller signing and chose the pressing option.

The status update says 'Received at CCS' and my card was charged by CCS.

Does this mean they're pressing the book before the signing?

On 10/27/2021 at 10:15 AM, sfcityduck said:

Should I be worried?

Economy Received on 6/26/21, almost immediately "scheduled for grading" and no action since.

I assume you are joking right?   

Meaning this has to be a joke post to be funny about the SFG.  I just want to make sure before I go old school and go on tilt (SOT)