• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

I see how that was confusing. I was only trying to be empathetic.

I've got subs that are in limbo from oct and Nov, this Dec was a pleasant surprise.

Mail and getting the slabs from cgc are just. :cry:

I remain hopeful is all 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/15/2022 at 10:14 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

I thought you meant a CGC package either way coming back from CGC was delivered by USPS without a signature. So your friends package was coming via CGC then?  Since CGC only uses USPS reg. mail service etc.

My FedEx guy typically just leaves my package outside without any signatures. One time I panicked when I checked my phone and it had a different name signing for the package. When I got home the package was on my porch. Apparently he signed it under his name or something.

On 2/15/2022 at 8:38 AM, skybolt said:

My FedEx guy typically just leaves my package outside without any signatures. One time I panicked when I checked my phone and it had a different name signing for the package. When I got home the package was on my porch. Apparently he signed it under his name or something.

I have the cell number of my FedEx guy I text him and just meet him on his route or I can text him just to sign for me and leave it.  Other than that I would have a conversation with the driver (assuming it's your normal driver) about that not doing that because that goes against FedEx policy.   The problem is all FedEx drivers, except Express drivers are independent contractors and not employees of FedEx.  I rather use UPS because they are all are employees, but in 2021 for what ever reason its now much cheaper to use FedEx ground instead of UPS ground for the amount of volume I do with CGC.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Random question.

How many of you use USPS registered mail as your return shipping method from CGC all the time no matter what you submit?

The reason I ask this is honestly most of the time it makes no sense to use that service when the book or books isnt worth that kind of service, especially on one book.

I see so many people complaining about costs, but I tell them why are you using that kind of service for a $100-200 book.  

On 2/15/2022 at 10:54 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

Random question.

How many of you use USPS registered mail as your return shipping method from CGC all the time no matter what you submit?

The reason I ask this is honestly most of the time it makes no sense to use that service when the book or books isnt worth that kind of service, especially on one book.

I see so many people complaining about costs, but I tell them why are you using that kind of service for a $100-200 book.  

As you noted above, I typically use FedEx these days due to the lower cost. Also, whenever I ship books costing more than $200 I use FedEx instead of USPS.

On 2/15/2022 at 11:26 AM, rsouxlja7 said:

My submission went from "Received @ CCS" to "CCS In Process". Does this mean it is being pressed already or is it kind of like scheduled for grading where it's in line? 

Its like SFG.

What date were the books marked "Received at CCS"?

Modern/ Fast Track -

Received: 1/21/22

Shipped: 2/15/22

Modern Sig Series/ Fast Track - 

Received 1/17/22

Shipped: 2/15/22

My subs must've gotten selected for the ultra fast track service, I still have slow track subs with them from August. Also, all my SS books came back 9.8 again!

On 2/15/2022 at 8:26 AM, rsouxlja7 said:

My submission went from "Received @ CCS" to "CCS In Process". Does this mean it is being pressed already or is it kind of like scheduled for grading where it's in line? 

I am pretty sure it is just in the queue to be pressed. You will not know until it has been pressed until it moves again. There is no consistency to their status updates so it literally could be a few days to a couple months.

On 2/15/2022 at 3:49 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

Please tell me your next submission you will go through a third party presser. Don't waste unnecessary time.

I do it myself now. Save time and money. Lotta great tutorials out there. Unless it's WK or EX level, I'll leave those to the experts.

On 2/14/2022 at 12:32 PM, MAR1979 said:

The now approaching 1 year CGC TAT's do not rewards flippers. From my station that is a silver lining but sure a bunch of u here do not feel the same.

That really makes no sense. Whether it is a flipper or a collector they are all customers who bring income for CGC. At the end of the day that is how a business works. I submit about 50-60 books a year so I am not high volume at all. I do not get bothered by the people submitting hundreds of books a month. The only thing I have a problem with if they are not meeting their turnaround times which is the current problem. My last submission was at least 25-30 days past the turnaround time I was given when I submitted them. If I am angry about anything it is the signature signings that seem to take priority over our submissions. But I get it. They are paying through the nose for those signings. No way would I pay anyone $100+ to mark up my book.

On 2/15/2022 at 3:49 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

Please tell me your next submission you will go through a third party presser. Don't waste unnecessary time.

When I made the submission, the TAT was 6 months, they've been moving the goalposts continuously and that I can't stand!