• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2022 at 11:56 AM, Jethro66 said:

So here's an update on my 23 books - emailed CGC about them right after I posted - No response - 3/28 called customer service - they agreed they should have been already graded, said they sent email to grading team for an update (after no one at grading answered the phone) promised to update me via e-mail. No response all week called on 4/1, again told should be in for grading, promised follow-up. So far nothing but I'll give it another couple days ...did I mention they charged my credit card in February? If I don't hear anything this week, I'll be filing a complaint with BBB. This is unbelievable.... 

If they have this much frustration on their own chat board do you really think they care about the BBB? I highly doubt it. I wish the answer was simple enough to go to their competition but CBCS has major issues as well. I am under the impression if you do not fast track your books you might as well forget about your books and be surprised when they eventually arrive.

On 4/4/2022 at 7:15 PM, Gaard said:

Is it a common practice for businesses to ghost their customers?

They ghost you because they can.  They are pretty close to a monopoly in the graded comic space and have the most well know and desirable "product" on the market.  Sure, you can try their main competitor, CBCS, but 1) there may be a slight markdown for reselling their graded books and 2) they are likely even in a bigger mess when it comes to TATs (just snoop around their forums, not much joy there).  From my observations on this board, it seems that the best way to get good service out of CGC is to pay extra for it.  Go for the MODERN/ECONOMY FAST TRACK, EXPRESS or WALK THROUGH tiers.  STANDARD may be okay too.  But unless you are a very patient person, stay away from plain old MODERN and ECONOMY.

On 4/4/2022 at 9:28 AM, skybolt said:

I see that CCS TAT's have gone down from 281 business days to 247. On of my 4/11 received submissions is currently sitting at 255 business days from day delivered. Just wondering if anyone else is still in the same boat.

Spoke to a rep who told me VALUE books received at CCS on 6/21/21 moved into CCS In Process yesterday.  Who knows at this point. 

Well I'm terrified of my books coming back. I just got the bill finally for a Modern Pre-screen from Nov 11th. 10 Pre-screen rejects out of 39. Books were submitted long enough ago that I have specific grades for each book, and I was very generous for the pre-screen grades just so they wouldn't grade anything they damaged. All pressed by Joeypost and hand delivered. They've been stuck in Grading/QC for 12 days now. Hoping they ship by tomorrow finally.

Edited by Tnexus

On 4/5/2022 at 1:16 PM, Tnexus said:

Well I'm terrified of my books coming back. I just got the bill finally for a Modern Pre-screen from Nov 11th. 10 Pre-screen rejects out of 39. Books were submitted long enough ago that I have specific grades for each book, and I was very generous for the pre-screen grades just so they wouldn't grade anything they damaged. All pressed by Joeypost and hand delivered. They've been stuck in Grading/QC for 12 days now. Hoping they ship by tomorrow finally.

What was you minimum grade requirement?

On 4/5/2022 at 4:26 PM, Jaywalker0 said:
On 4/5/2022 at 2:13 PM, qlow said:

anyone have any movement yet on their bagley signing event order?

1x Bagley moved to G/E/I this afternoon. No pressing service.

I should have mentioned I did have mine pressed, so it has been a week

On 4/4/2022 at 7:09 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

If they have this much frustration on their own chat board do you really think they care about the BBB? I highly doubt it. I wish the answer was simple enough to go to their competition but CBCS has major issues as well. I am under the impression if you do not fast track your books you might as well forget about your books and be surprised when they eventually arrive.

I don't know. reading some of the BBB posts it seems it does make them move a bit. This is so disappointing but revealing. This was a first time submission, a test run to see if I could trust them for additional submissions...and by additional I mean a couple hundred over the next few years. I'm not ready for the grave yet but with no relatives interested to pass my collection along to, I planned on grading the best of my 6000+ collection so it was easier to dispose of when the time comes (hopefully in a couple decades down the road!!!). So much for Plan A...

On 4/5/2022 at 7:50 PM, Mosh It Up said:

That's the great thing about comics, they don't need to be slabbed to sell them (thumbsu

So true...and easier to read as well! That said we all know slabbed protects the comic and (hopefully) the buyer and increases the value of most. 

On 4/5/2022 at 7:56 PM, Tnexus said:

9.4. These are moderns I've submitted before (same comic, different copies) and got 9.8s pretty much across the board.

I'm really sorry to hear that. :(

On a side note, one of my two 12/6 slow modern submissions just went to G/E/I. In the past, having only half the books come back as 9.8's would be a major disappointment. These days I would take that in a heartbeat.

On 4/5/2022 at 4:28 PM, Jethro66 said:

I don't know. reading some of the BBB posts it seems it does make them move a bit. This is so disappointing but revealing. This was a first time submission, a test run to see if I could trust them for additional submissions...and by additional I mean a couple hundred over the next few years. I'm not ready for the grave yet but with no relatives interested to pass my collection along to, I planned on grading the best of my 6000+ collection so it was easier to dispose of when the time comes (hopefully in a couple decades down the road!!!). So much for Plan A...

I think if you just do fast track you won't have these issues. Yes, it is a bit more but at least you will have your sanity. After these last few submissions I will not do slow submissions any more. I will have to get used to a little less profit but at least my books will come back relatively fast. I would easily pay the fast track on the books I still have there if I could in hindsight.

On 4/5/2022 at 7:28 PM, Jethro66 said:

If it is a matter of setting the graded books aside for years or even decades the turnaround times shouldn't really matter too much. Long turnarounds impact the most on people who are rolling short term spec books.