• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,096 posts in this topic

eg. SHIPPED 00/01/22....JT Kirk, Riverside IA, 4 walkthrough recvd 4/20/22...CM Scott, Aberdeen Scotland 25 modern redvd 8/8/21...N Uhura, 15 modern recvd 8/14/21...bird sadland usa 6 economy recvd 8/12...etc

On 4/23/2022 at 6:40 AM, Bird said:

One person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and
They won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
They may think they're both  and they won't take either of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in
Singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. They may think it's an
Organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said
Fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and
Walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

#ReleaseEconomyTier

CGC wants you to go and sit down on that bench that says "Group W."

NOW, kid!

On 4/23/2022 at 1:27 PM, Axe Elf said:
On 4/23/2022 at 6:40 AM, Bird said:

One person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and
They won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
They may think they're both  and they won't take either of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in
Singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. They may think it's an
Organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said
Fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and
Walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

#ReleaseEconomyTier

Expand  

CGC wants you to go and sit down on that bench that says "Group W."

NOW, kid!

CGC talked on the phone for 45 minutes, I didn't understand a word they said, but I had fun playing with the pencils and such.

Until I said and creating a nuisance, then we all had a good time picking up the trash! :x 

And we decided that one big pile of economy Is better than two little piles of value & economy and rather than bring that pile of value up we decided to throw our pile of economy down

On 4/23/2022 at 2:27 PM, Bird said:

And we decided that one big pile of economy Is better than two little piles of value & economy and rather than bring that pile of value up we decided to throw our pile of economy down

I can not tell a lie, I put my Oct 24th economy under that pile!

------------no signings, no pre-screens and no pressing, just simple grading services...

---21 book slow value at old rates..delivered on 5-28-21...open box-scheduled on 7-28-21...bill cc on 8-1-21...gei on 1-26-22.....qc on 3-10-22..marked shipped on 3-11-22...almost all cases had a long scratch on front.....

---4 book standard...delivered on12-18-21...open box-scheduled on 12-22-21.....gei on 1-27-22...qc on 2-7-22...bill cc on  2-8-22...marked shipped on 2-9-22...

---20 book slow modern...delivered on 12-18-21...open box-scheduled on 12-22-21...bill cc on 3-9-22.....gei on 4-20-22.....qc on 4-22-22.....marked shipped on 4-22-22.....

---25 book slow economy...delivered on 12-28-21...open box-scheduled on 1-4-22...bill cc on 3-9-22...........waiting...

just in case anyone is wondering how the other guys are doing, i sent in a modern slow track (no press no vsp) sub last august, and they're STILL not back. maybe entered grading a little under a month ago. and the people on their forums say grading is a black hole and takes 3-4 months. probably going to be close to a year for slow track modern. insane. especially when the advertised wait time at time of sub was 22 weeks.

Does anyone know the name and or extension of the Shipping manager at CGC?  I've been waiting for a package for 2 days, apparently someone ...I don't know if it's CGC or Fedex, didn't like my address and changed it...and I CAN'T get them to change it back without CGC's approval.  I think they read the zip code wrong, but I can't prove it until I see the label, which no one seems to want to show me.

I called CGC Friday and I was told it was too late to speak to contact the shipping manager. Sat night Fedex said I had to have someone from contact Fedex very early or it would not be changed in time.

I called the 800# and it says CGC opens at 9, but I can leave a message...however, it seems you can't leave a message by pressing 1 for customer service.

On another note, now that I'm writing...I really hope someone in upper management reviews these threads. For people who are not home every day, travel and or don't live anywhere near a Fedex you can have the books shipped to, this system of Russian Roulette of mailing packages and not knowing till the last minute when that will be, HAVING to be around for the package ...and having the owner of the books NOT be able to change at Fedex anything is a PITA.  I can't even get my address changed in the CGC  system. I've pmed, written at least 3 times and for the past month, it still shows as the other address. Every credit card Co, Bank, store....even Paypal, lets me change my address.

My issue now just compounds the problem...because they sent the books to Brooklyn instead of where I live and WHY can't someone in customer service email me a picture of the label? A nice man asked me why I didn't have a picture of the label from Fedex on Friday...did I ask...I said yes...but they said they weren't allowed to email me. I asked HIM for a picture and HE said  he could not send it,  it was above his grade .

On 4/25/2022 at 1:16 PM, skypinkblu said:

On another note, now that I'm writing...I really hope someone in upper management reviews these threads. For people who are not home every day, travel and or don't live anywhere near a Fedex you can have the books shipped to, this system of Russian Roulette of mailing packages and not knowing till the last minute when that will be, HAVING to be around for the package ...and having the owner of the books NOT be able to change at Fedex anything is a PITA.  I can't even get my address changed in the CGC  system. I've pmed, written at least 3 times and for the past month, it still shows as the other address. Every credit card Co, Bank, store....even Paypal, lets me change my address.

Can Mike help you, Sharon?

On 4/25/2022 at 8:23 AM, Bird said:

two color post, she's hot under the collar now!

I missed something I wanted to go to Sat because Fedex kept insisting the package was coming on Sat. I only spoke to 6 people... Now I've gotten two texts, 1 says it's arriving today, one says it is delayed.

You don't want to be in the same building with me if I'm really angry, lol...doesn't happen often. I'm frustrated because I'm an adult and I should be able to contact Fedex and not waste my time waiting for days for packages nor worrying that they are somewhere 200 miles from me.

On 4/25/2022 at 1:59 PM, skypinkblu said:

Unfortunately not, but thanks for the idea, Steve...

Worth a try, inside agent and all....

Hope it gets resolved somehow :wishluck:

On 4/25/2022 at 2:10 PM, skypinkblu said:

I finally got through to CGC, they are going to send an email to shipping that is all they can do, I can't speak with them...

It's the curse of the modern age: companies with departments that you can't speak to.