• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2022 at 11:44 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

So does anyone have any clue as to why they are treating Economy Tier like the plague and instead running through modern? 

#StopHoldingEconomyTierHostage

I would guess there are two main reasons. First off, pre-1975 books have to be checked more closely for restorations and such and take a bit more time to grade than moderns. I mean, if the decision on the majority of books is where in the 9-range it falls the grading can go super fast. The second is the newer graders who are hired on would likely start at the modern tier and then work up to the older books once they build up experience. So new hiring will impact on the modern tiers first. Following along those lines, I would put the most experienced graders on the WK and Express tier books first since the stakes are highest there. 

I don't know any of that for sure, but it makes the most sense to me. 

On 4/27/2022 at 1:24 PM, BorderlineHoarder said:

Major programming issue? (shrug)

SELECT * FROM submissions WHERE recd_dt >= dateadd(month, -8, getdate()) OR status <> "Shipped";

Oh good lord that's bad. I can clear the backlog with one command "DROP TABLE submissions" :devil:. Good way to get yourself hacked :facepalm:

So much wrong here. Using SELECT * is such a bad practice. This is also the line of code that limits submissions to only showing up for 8 months before they drop off.

On 4/28/2022 at 12:31 PM, universal soldier said:

Oh good lord that's bad. I can clear the backlog with one command "DROP TABLE submissions" :devil:. Good way to get yourself hacked :facepalm:

So much wrong here. Using SELECT * is such a bad practice. This is also the line of code that limits submissions to only showing up for 8 months before they drop off.

is it really as simple as changing the “-8” to a higher value? 

My M/FT had been sitting at G/E/I for about 4-5 days, which it moved from QC/F to Shipped this morning. My grades overall were pretty good this time. I had 2 books this time that had some really suspect grades on the low end and 2 other books scored way much higher than I though. I do hope that my walkthrough is finalized today, damn eager to see the grade on this one.

I will say they are moving so much quicker with newer submissions. I do feel bad for you guys that have had books sitting over there for over a year. My brother called their support yesterday after his books have been sitting at CCS for a year and demanded that they send his books back to him. Moving forward, I think people need to find a local presser or start to learn how to press books themselves. I think that the pressing at CCS is whats causing many of the big delays.

On 4/28/2022 at 12:35 PM, eastriver31400 said:

is it really as simple as changing the “-8” to a higher value? 

Without fully knowing what is under the hood, yes I think so. The submission tracking page is just data output so it should be that simple.

On 4/28/2022 at 12:38 PM, captainzombie said:

My M/FT had been sitting at G/E/I for about 4-5 days, which it moved from QC/F to Shipped this morning. My grades overall were pretty good this time. I had 2 books this time that had some really suspect grades on the low end and 2 other books scored way much higher than I though. I do hope that my walkthrough is finalized today, damn eager to see the grade on this one.

I will say they are moving so much quicker with newer submissions. I do feel bad for you guys that have had books sitting over there for over a year. My brother called their support yesterday after his books have been sitting at CCS for a year and demanded that they send his books back to him. Moving forward, I think people need to find a local presser or start to learn how to press books themselves. I think that the pressing at CCS is whats causing many of the big delays.

Did he get his books back? I would be more than happy to get my books back unpressed and ungraded at this point. 

On 4/27/2022 at 7:22 PM, joeypost said:

So…what date are people getting economy books back from?

I have a 4 book submission received 7/12/21 and SFG on 9/2/21. Last check about 3 weeks ago it was still SFG but will reach out to my LCS for an update. Currently at 198 business days... 

On 4/28/2022 at 11:52 AM, eastriver31400 said:

Did he get his books back? I would be more than happy to get my books back unpressed and ungraded at this point. 

He talked to them yesterday, and is waiting for one of the managers to get back to him. Honestly, they should send people's books back if they demand it considering they've been sitting there.

One thing I don't understand, if they are this backed up, why not also have people come in on the weekends to get caught up? I know its probably impractical with their business hours, but time to really do something if people still have books from over a year ago over there.

On 4/28/2022 at 11:58 AM, captainzombie said:

why not also have people come in on the weekends to get caught up?

They do. I've had several submissions move to grading, move to QC, or even shipped (for following Monday) on a Saturday.

On 4/28/2022 at 1:10 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

They do. I've had several submissions move to grading, move to QC, or even shipped (for following Monday) on a Saturday.

That is good to know that they do also work on weekends, I had no clue that they were. Who knows how you can fix this issue.

On 4/28/2022 at 1:40 PM, captainzombie said:

That is good to know that they do also work on weekends, I had no clue that they were. Who knows how you can fix this issue.

I think it's only certain departments.

They started that at least a year ago and they made an announcement, but then we never hear about it, except the couple of times it still happens to a boardie etc.

So presumably, and I don't think that it's the receiving team, as I don't believe I've had books checked in over the weekend. Books already there and marked received, yes.

Also it appears they've had some of the in house signings on the weekend, according to Facebook.

Now pressing, that's a whole different ball game that I'd be curious if it happens lol

Then maybe they would go to received, only way to know, on the weekend.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/28/2022 at 1:45 PM, Bird said:
On 4/28/2022 at 11:38 AM, captainzombie said:

I think that the pressing at CCS is whats causing many of the big delays.

nope

I have 8/12 economy, cgc only no ccs

#ReleaseEconomyTier

all of my economies are also no press, my October and after (thumbsu 

On 4/28/2022 at 2:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

all of my economies are also no press, my October and after (thumbsu 

I had joey handle mine, meaning they really left my house last April. I tell others to set and forget, just put them out of your mind. I do that too but this economy is annoyingly neglected at this point, TAT listed today notwithstanding. They are just waiting another month or two and then will be about the stated TATs, will unlock the room where they are held captive and #ReleaseEconomyTier in a flood. Then lock the room for 2 more months and repeat.

On 4/28/2022 at 1:59 PM, Bird said:

I had joey handle mine, meaning they really left my house last April. I tell others to set and forget, just put them out of your mind. I do that too but this economy is annoyingly neglected at this point, TAT listed today notwithstanding. They are just waiting another month or two and then will be about the stated TATs, will unlock the room where they are held captive and #ReleaseEconomyTier in a flood. Then lock the room for 2 more months and repeat.

On 4/28/2022 at 2:10 PM, O Doyle Rules said:

I just submitted 10 books standard and 12 books economy. I wish I had seen this thread first and I might have thought otherwise. I did pay for Fast Track. Does it matter? 

Speaking of which, none of mine are fast track, and yes it should matter.

Yet etc no one has even quoted those as moving. (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/28/2022 at 2:10 PM, O Doyle Rules said:

I just submitted 10 books standard and 12 books economy. I wish I had seen this thread first and I might have thought otherwise. I did pay for Fast Track. Does it matter? 

It should. I had an economy fast track turnaround in like 6 weeks recently. Not saying yours will be that fast as mine were unusual, but you shouldn't be lost in the abyss.