• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

1 George Perez Signature Series w/ Pressing

1/28: Delivered to CGC

2/22: Received at CCS

4/13: G/QC/Do Not Encapsulate

4/19: Shipped

4/26: Delivered 

1 Brian Michael Bendis/Mark Bagley Signature Series w/Pressing

1/28: Delivered to CGC

3/3: Received at CCS

4/27: GEI

4/28: G/QC

5/2: Shipped

1 Chris Claremont Signature Series w/Pressing

3/17: Delivered to CGC

4/12: Received at CCS

Little disappointed with the grade on the Bendis/Bagley Signature grade.  I sent it in as a 9.2 without a press and it is coming back as a 9.2 with a press!

On 5/2/2022 at 8:44 AM, gadzukes said:

My 8/11 Economies are still at SFG status :frustrated:

Unless my math is wrong, I believe that's 185 working days and 265 days overall.

They received them to their warehouse around 5/25 last year.... so almost a year total.

Almost the same exact timing for my 2x Economy submissions...

Modern, Slow Track, CCS and CGC: Shipped end of May 2021, received at CGC in June 2021, received at CCS in July 2021, changed to CCS in process and credit card charged in March 2022, then it fell off the submissions page but is in Received status at CGC.  One more month and my books have been gone for a entire year.

They received my latest batch of books this morning, let's see how long these take considering my last order took a bit longer to get processed than the previous two. I still can't complain because they were pretty quick.

On 5/3/2022 at 3:37 PM, Droid81 said:

Modern, Slow Track, CCS and CGC: Shipped end of May 2021, received at CGC in June 2021, received at CCS in July 2021, changed to CCS in process and credit card charged in March 2022, then it fell off the submissions page but is in Received status at CGC.  One more month and my books have been gone for a entire year.

Is it showing up in tracking now? Also did CGC charge you yet?

On 5/3/2022 at 2:25 PM, eastriver31400 said:

Is it showing up in tracking now? Also did CGC charge you yet?

It did not show back up in tracking after being sent to CGC from CCS and I have not been charged by CGC yet.  I get the following message when I use the submission tracking search, "Your submission is in the “Received” status. Line item detail is not yet available."

On 5/3/2022 at 3:37 PM, Droid81 said:

At this rate, we are all going to have to pack a lunch, at minimum, for the comic books with every submission. :smile:

On 5/4/2022 at 8:17 AM, Ninja0215 said:

anyone see any movement from January? It's a long shot but just wanted to know when CCS will drop. 

I noticed this movement yesterday.  Imma tell you...I was not expecting movement on this so soon!  This is a regular fast track submission...not part of any in house signing.  Happy movement...really nice to see books moving through CGC at this pace.

CGC may 5 2022.jpg

On 5/4/2022 at 9:18 AM, IceHole said:

I noticed this movement yesterday.  Imma tell you...I was not expecting movement on this so soon!  This is a regular fast track submission...not part of any in house signing.  Happy movement...really nice to see books moving through CGC at this pace.

CGC may 5 2022.jpg

Thanks man. I have 2 slow track orders in from early Jan. One modern and one economy, hoping by August they'll be down with pressing. 

On 5/4/2022 at 10:16 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Thanks man. I have 2 slow track orders in from early Jan. One modern and one economy, hoping by August they'll be down with pressing. 

I wish you luck and hope they are.  For perspective, I have a slow track CCS order that was delivered in late-May 2021 and "Received" mid-June 2021 that I'm waiting to see pop back on my submissions when it gets over to CGC.  It dropped off the screen in January and has yet to come back and there isn't anything but 'Received' when I type in the sub # ... (shrug)

On 4/27/2022 at 9:04 AM, Stefan_W said:

My ME books hit SFG 14 Apr 2022 and shifted to GEI today 27 Apr 2022.

Looking forward to getting these back. One book had really bad Newton rings, and the other one had the corner of the slab cracked during shipping. 

It has been a week now and the ME books are still in SFG. Does anyone know how long ME books usually take once they hit this stage? It is my first time with this process. 

On 5/4/2022 at 9:24 AM, thingsofstuff said:

I wish you luck and hope they are.  For perspective, I have a slow track CCS order that was delivered in late-May 2021 and "Received" mid-June 2021 that I'm waiting to see pop back on my submissions when it gets over to CGC.  It dropped off the screen in January and has yet to come back and there isn't anything but 'Received' when I type in the sub # ... (shrug)

Still waiting for my 4/11 received submission.:tonofbricks:

On 5/4/2022 at 10:15 AM, Stefan_W said:

It has been a week now and the ME books are still in SFG. Does anyone know how long ME books usually take once they hit this stage? It is my first time with this process. 

Does ME = Modern Express? I think if it is, they have had a 8-10 business days from what I can recall.