• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2022 at 2:51 PM, joeypost said:

Which field is this on the dealer portal?

I don't have a dealer portal and response above says it won't work where I was pointing to.

I emailed them with my order number and said I needed the submission number. They emailed me right back with the number I needed.

Another way of getting it...

When they first receive your books, you get an email (CGC Submission Acknowledgement). Your submission number is on that PDF.

On 5/5/2022 at 4:24 PM, Gaard said:

When they first receive your books, you get an email (CGC Submission Acknowledgement). Your submission number is on that PDF.

this specific poster does drop off I believe, so I wonder if you get the email then?

emailing is the answer apparently

I only have 6 economy from that 8/12 date, far more time & annoyance than is appropriate! More at joeys though. I won't reward cgc with FT though, forget that jack! I went the other way, printed those submission forms before sending to joey and my paid membership expired last month, not renewing for a while. At least until joey sends them in and I know that will be some time, but they promised they would honor the submission # because it is generated when you are a member. :wishluck:

On 5/5/2022 at 2:03 PM, joeypost said:

What if you only have the order number? Apparently, I was not smart enough to write down the CGC invoice number. 

I have a submission number you can check from your 8-12 batch I saved in an email.

If the modern graders are moving over, my expectation for the grades on the Golden Age books are pretty low now.

Edited by PKJ

On 5/5/2022 at 5:59 AM, Cool Ghoul said:

You will not lose your $150 credit as long as you submitted books during the period your membership was in effect.  I asked CGC the same question, and they indicated it is based on the submission date, not when your membership expires.  So, you might not get books back for another 6 months or longer, but as long as the packing slip was created during your membership period -- and you haven't used the $150 credit yet -- they will apply it to grading fees (but not re-holder, CCS, or shipping fees).

You can also check your packing slips for the price you will pay for the submissions (not what the current rates are).  That is available under the Submission Tracking page - "View my packing slips" link.  

Thanks for the info!!!

On 5/5/2022 at 9:14 AM, CGC Mike said:

I was told we’re actually just shifting resources right now to tackle EC. You should be seeing some movement on that tier over the coming weeks.

Happy to hear this as I am at 203 business days as of today but still SFG. Unless they are working closely with Kang, I think they'll miss the date on mine. Hoping they start with the oldest submissions this time...

On 5/5/2022 at 2:21 PM, zzutak said:

So let's now consider the case of a supermarket with, say, 10 check-out lanes.  Some lanes are unrestricted, while other lanes are limited to 10 items or less.  Get the picture?  Some lanes will move more quickly than others.  Completely understandable due to differences in the number of items per customer, the efficiency of the cashier (which includes his/her tendency to chat), the customer's chosen payment method (cash, charge, a nearly completed check that only needs the amount filled in, or a wallet/checkbook that's buried at the bottom of an extra-large handbag), etc.  However, neither the number of folks behind me in my lane nor the number of people queued-up in other lanes should effect my check-out time.  :preach:

Unfortunately, CGC is operating like my supermarket, but without enough "cashiers" to staff every open lane.  This is a really, really, really bad way to do business.  CGC should be like my supermarket: never open more lanes than you're able to staff.

My CGC "wait time" should be the estimated TAT in place at the time I entered the queue, not the estimated TAT two months, 6 months, or 1 year later.  :sumo:

To continue with your analogy... because they were receiving submissions but "not even opening them to put them in the queue", it's like 5 of the 10 grocery check-out lanes are not open BUT they're making you stand in those lines until a cashier comes over in a couple of months.  

Of course, if you have WK or EX written on your shopping cart they will lead you to the front of a line with a cashier.

I never liked the idea of TATs that only started once they opened your package.

On 5/5/2022 at 11:34 PM, gadzukes said:

To continue with your analogy... because they were receiving submissions but "not even opening them to put them in the queue", it's like 5 of the 10 grocery check-out lanes are not open BUT they're making you stand in those lines until a cashier comes over in a couple of months.  

Of course, if you have WK or EX written on your shopping cart they will lead you to the front of a line with a cashier.

I never liked the idea of TATs that only started once they opened your package.

The reality is that there is a way to jump the queue.  It is called Fast Track.  It may not put you at the front of the queue, but it will certainly put you ahead of many others who did not elect to use Fast Track.  So all of these supermarket analogies are wrong in that they assume no one is getting ahead of you on line.  CGC is a for profit business.  They have supposedly also hired many new employees over the last year to handle excess volumes.  My guess, and its only a guess, is that for grading portion of processing these new graders are learning the ropes by grading mostly (all?) modern tier books as these would presumably be the easier books to grade (and honestly, I believe they are way stricter on grades than veteran graders, but I digress...).  This leaves Economy tier in a bad spot as it's likely there just aren't enough veteran graders to grade all of the books that they are receiving.  Being a for-profit business, I can completely understand why they would prioritize Fast Track Economy books over regular Economy books as the extra ~$15 book is 100% profit for them.

Maybe CGC should have a way to Fast Track a submission that was sent in as Slow Track.  Anything past the current Fast Track TATs should immediately jump to the front of the queue.  Not sure if people would use this, but it would be an option for customers to get their books back faster and CGC to make more money so could be a win for both.

On 5/5/2022 at 1:26 PM, cd4ever said:

Man I'm about to have 100 slabs sitting in my living room I will need to unbox.  Need to send more out. 

image.thumb.png.33ccfae7c313346ba139f01af9774929.png

It gets addicting pretty quick 

On 5/5/2022 at 2:21 PM, zzutak said:

Back in mid-August of 2021, CGC identified the TAT for non-FT Economy subs to be 140 business days (about 7 calendar months).  Why should an August 2021 submitter care that the TAT for this tier is now 203 days?

Let's take the case of waiting in line to purchase a ticket for a movie.  Let's say there were 20 parties ahead of you when you joined the line, and that the cashier would require about 1 minute to process each party once the Box Office opened.  Your estimated wait time, once the Box Office opens, will be about 20 minutes.  How does that change if another 200 parties join the line in back of you?  (shrug)

Yeah, I know, CGC is not like a single-line movie theater Box Office.  So let's now consider the case of a supermarket with, say, 10 check-out lanes.  Some lanes are unrestricted, while other lanes are limited to 10 items or less.  Get the picture?  Some lanes will move more quickly than others.  Completely understandable due to differences in the number of items per customer, the efficiency of the cashier (which includes his/her tendency to chat), the customer's chosen payment method (cash, charge, a nearly completed check that only needs the amount filled in, or a wallet/checkbook that's buried at the bottom of an extra-large handbag), etc.  However, neither the number of folks behind me in my lane nor the number of people queued-up in other lanes should effect my check-out time.  :preach:

Unfortunately, CGC is operating like my supermarket, but without enough "cashiers" to staff every open lane.  This is a really, really, really bad way to do business.  CGC should be like my supermarket: never open more lanes than you're able to staff.

My CGC "wait time" should be the estimated TAT in place at the time I entered the queue, not the estimated TAT two months, 6 months, or 1 year later.  :sumo:

I really dislike going to the Supermarket but this makes me really hate it now.

On 5/6/2022 at 4:14 AM, Petroman said:

The reality is that there is a way to jump the queue.  It is called Fast Track.  It may not put you at the front of the queue, but it will certainly put you ahead of many others who did not elect to use Fast Track.  So all of these supermarket analogies are wrong in that they assume no one is getting ahead of you on line.

:whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

In my supermarket analogy, there are multiple lanes, including lanes for 10 items or less.  Some of these "Express Lanes" would correspond to CGC's various Fast Track options.  For example, consider this: Lane 1 = non-FT Modern, Lane 2 = non-FT Economy, Lane 3  = Standard, Lane 4 (an Express Lane) = FT Modern, Lane 5 (another Express Lane) = FT Economy, and so on.  In my analogy, there's a separate lane for each possible submission tier or order type.

I am not bothered one bit by the fact that some lanes (or tiers, if you prefer) move faster than others.  However, neither the number of folks behind me in my lane nor the number of people queued-up in other lanes should effect my check-out time.  My CGC "wait time" should be the estimated TAT in place at the time I entered the queue, not the estimated TAT 2 months, 6 months, or 1 year later.  :sumo:

My analogy may not be 100% accurate, but I absolutely, positively stand by what I've opined (in red) above.  No business or individual should be making "promises" they are not prepared to keep.  :preach:

Edited by zzutak

On 5/6/2022 at 11:07 AM, JollyComics said:

FYI for anyone who submitted your books for Slow track Economy tier.

The customer service told me that week of August 2 is now in the process.   Just hang in there.  :wishluck:

WTFFFFF

I should ask - That's for just slow track ECO, right?  No CCS?

Edited by Beastfeast

On 5/6/2022 at 10:25 AM, zzutak said:

In my supermarket analogy, there are multiple lanes, including lanes for 10 items or less.  Some of these "Express Lanes" would correspond to CGC's various Fast Track options.  For example, consider this: Lane 1 = non-FT Modern, Lane 2 = non-FT Economy, Lane 3  = Standard, Lane 4 (an Express Lane) = FT Modern, Lane 5 (another Express Lane) = FT Economy, and so on.  In my analogy, there's a separate lane for each possible submission tier or order type.

I am not bothered one bit by the fact that some lanes (or tiers, if you prefer) move faster than others.  However, neither the number of folks behind me in my lane nor the number of people queued-up in other lanes should effect my check-out time.  My CGC "wait time" should be the estimated TAT in place at the time I entered the queue, not the estimated TAT 2 months, 6 months, or 1 year later.  :sumo:

My analogy may not be 100% accurate, but I absolutely, positively stand by what I've opined (in red) above.  No business or individual should be making "promises" they are not prepared to keep.  :preach:

I think that in your supermarket analogy you need to account for the fact that someone is able to jump the line in front of you for the MODERN and ECONOMY lines if they are willing to pay the extra $15/book for FAST TRACK.  Its actually pretty much the same as how airport check-in works with economy class and business class.

Forget analogies.  :facepalm:  Just answer this:

You and your date arrive at one of the nicer local restaurants for dinner.  When you check in, the Maitre d' tells you the wait time to be seated will be about 20 minutes.  You thank him and take a (temporary) seat at the bar.  Thirty minutes later (you're pretty easy-going), your date tells you to find out what's up.  The Maitre d' tells you your "new" wait time to be seated will actually be 2 hours.  :whatthe:  Do you ever patronize that business again?  hm

Does everyone remember what PSA did last year once they realized they didn't have the capacity to meet the current demand for card certification?

Mine is slow economy no press from October 24th.

I believe @Bird is the same from August though, so there is hope, if the info is correct 💯

On 5/6/2022 at 10:07 AM, JollyComics said:

FYI for anyone who submitted your books for Slow track Economy tier.

The customer service told me that week of August 2 is now in the process.   Just hang in there.  :wishluck:

On 5/6/2022 at 9:25 AM, zzutak said:

I think the other concern is getting a runaround from CGC customer service. For example, 5 weeks ago I was told my 4/11 CCS submission was almost complete and only a couple of books were left to be pressed. I contacted customer service again last week and was told to wait another 2 weeks. I don't mind waiting, but the response has to be based on factuality. I'd much rather be told that your submission has been miss placed for the time being, but will be located in time. 

Going back to the grocery store analogy, this is like finally getting to the front of the line and your groceries suddenly disappearing from the conveyor to the cashier. Then being told to step aside while the people behind you are getting checked out.

Edited by skybolt