• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,110 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2022 at 5:56 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

My slow economy just hit 8 months so I am assuming it will disappear tomorrow. Way to knock those economy books out CGC! What other business is 8-12 month turnarounds acceptable? “Thank you for visiting McDonalds. Your food will be ready in 8 months.”

FAC6F826-3C23-4BD0-8706-A5482CCD4AB6.thumb.jpeg.b36c753802f979eb25edb5182c1e54de.jpeg

Make sure you. write down your submission #.  You'll need it to check status.  

On 5/10/2022 at 9:30 AM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.f472670d6e960d7025bdb65aefc91342.png

They are really pounding away on some of the backlog. Probably why I have noticed a bit of a not as quick as in the past turnaround on my recent M/FT submission. Hopefully they get many of you guys your books that have been sitting over there since last year.

On 5/9/2022 at 5:56 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

My slow economy just hit 8 months so I am assuming it will disappear tomorrow. Way to knock those economy books out CGC! What other business is 8-12 month turnarounds acceptable? “Thank you for visiting McDonalds. Your food will be ready in 8 months.”

FAC6F826-3C23-4BD0-8706-A5482CCD4AB6.thumb.jpeg.b36c753802f979eb25edb5182c1e54de.jpeg

Oh good I'm not the only one dealing with this bs.  Hey CGC, here's a tip.  If the turn around time to even start the pressing process for non-fast tracked books is longer than 8 months (what is it now? a year?  Not sure if that was the TAT when I submitted them last July, but oh well) then get rid of the 8 month deadline where is stops tracking the orders.  I thought a whole bunch of new people were hired and improvements were made? I mean that was the justification for price increases, right? 

For what feels like the millionth time when dealing with grading companies...COMMUNICATION IS KEY!  Let your customers check status at any time for as long as it takes.  None of this "sorry, now you can't even view your order!" nonsense. 

End rant. 

Edited by DTitov

On 5/10/2022 at 12:38 PM, DTitov said:

Oh good I'm not the only one dealing with this bs.  Hey CGC, here's a tip.  If the turn around time to even start the pressing process for non-fast tracked books is longer than 8 months (what is it now? a year?  Not sure if that was the TAT when I submitted them last July, but oh well) then get rid of the 8 month deadline where is stops tracking the orders.  I thought a whole bunch of new people were hired and improvements were made? I mean that was the justification for price increases, right? 

For what feels like the millionth time when dealing with grading companies...COMMUNICATION IS KEY!  Let your customers check status at any time for as long as it takes.  None of this "sorry, now you can't even view your order!" nonsense. 

End rant. 

I got one even better for you all.  I've been told for over two weeks now, that the Graders are wrapping up Economy Tier orders as of the week of 8/2, and I am next in line.  

I call today, because my Economy Tier as of 8/12/21 received date has not moved, and wanted to see where they are.

The rep then asks me, "So for the date you submitted it, what was the expected TAT at that date?".  First off, I do not remember offhand any TAT from 9 months ago.  Second, why is CGC still playing the game for Customers to follow TAT's at the time the order was submitted.

Many times in the past, when calling about an order that was late, CGC reps would tell me that they go off of current TAT for all orders.  They stated in the past that TATs are for all orders in that tier, not for orders received as of that day.   Now CGC reps are telling customers that we should only follow TATs from when order were first received.

CGC needs to get their story straight!  Are TAT's that I see right now (1) Only for all orders that were received this date or (2) For all orders of the same tier, regardless or not if it was received today, a month ago, or a year ago?

On 5/10/2022 at 9:38 AM, DTitov said:

End rant. 

I think transparency is needed when it comes to these long turnaround times. They have books that mean great deals to us. We should be able to know how many orders are in front of us at any given time. They have at least a few thousand dollars worth of my books and it is aggravating that I have no clue if they will be done tomorrow or several months from now. It has been 8 months since the received date plus the month it took for them to open the box.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:37 AM, iae21 said:

I got one even better for you all.  I've been told for over two weeks now, that the Graders are wrapping up Economy Tier orders as of the week of 8/2, and I am next in line.  

I call today, because my Economy Tier as of 8/12/21 received date has not moved, and wanted to see where they are.

The rep then asks me, "So for the date you submitted it, what was the expected TAT at that date?".  First off, I do not remember offhand any TAT from 9 months ago.  Second, why is CGC still playing the game for Customers to follow TAT's at the time the order was submitted.

Many times in the past, when calling about an order that was late, CGC reps would tell me that they go off of current TAT for all orders.  They stated in the past that TATs are for all orders in that tier, not for orders received as of that day.   Now CGC reps are telling customers that we should only follow TATs from when order were first received.

CGC needs to get their story straight!  Are TAT's that I see right now (1) Only for all orders that were received this date or (2) For all orders of the same tier, regardless or not if it was received today, a month ago, or a year ago?

TAT at that time was around 160 days for economy...which is around 7.5 months .....the current 203 days TAT posted is about 9.5 months ..CGC customer service having continuity issues

Edited by Ed Hanes