• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,110 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2022 at 11:45 AM, zzutak said:

Do you ever patronize that business again?

Everyone is free to submit their books to CGC competitors.  But from what I've seen on the CBCS boards they are probably even more backlogged and less transparent than CGC.  Not sure about PGX, and I've been tempted to send some newer books to them, but I realize that their grading stamp doesn't carry the clout of CGC.  Personally I took a hiatus from sending books in but have now resumed, albeit only with MODERN FAST TRACK.  I may try a few MODERN subs, and maybe an ECONOMY FAST TRACK but you couldn't pay me to send one in just plain old ECONOMY.  

Modern 

2/15 - Delivered to CGC

2/15 - Received by CGC / Scheduled for Grading

5/3 - Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging

5/6 - Grading / Quality Control

5/6 - Shipped

Checked grades and NOT happy with what I see really shocked by some and the worst is a SW 42 that I figured a 7.0 to 7.5 and it got a 3.5 and the graders notes have things that I can't even imagine where on this book. Just shocked to say the least probably my last batch for a while.

On 5/6/2022 at 12:16 PM, billsid said:

Modern 

2/15 - Delivered to CGC

2/15 - Received by CGC / Scheduled for Grading

5/3 - Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging

5/6 - Grading / Quality Control

5/6 - Shipped

Checked grades and NOT happy with what I see really shocked by some and the worst is a SW 42 that I figured a 7.0 to 7.5 and it got a 3.5 and the graders notes have things that I can't even imagine where on this book. Just shocked to say the least probably my last batch for a while.

That is how my last to previous order was. There was a lot of questionable grades on many of my books that made no sense. Then this last order, the grades that I had were almost spot on with the grades that the books received give or take a few. I have another order there right now that is at SFG. I keep thinking what mood will the grader be in and will it be someone that at least knows what they are doing on like my previous order.

On 5/6/2022 at 1:26 PM, captainzombie said:

That is how my last to previous order was. There was a lot of questionable grades on many of my books that made no sense. Then this last order, the grades that I had were almost spot on with the grades that the books received give or take a few. I have another order there right now that is at SFG. I keep thinking what mood will the grader be in and will it be someone that at least knows what they are doing on like my previous order.

It's really shocking I have an ASM#15 in a 3.5 that's so far off what my SW 42 looked like that if all the things wrong with it are true then it's going to be questionable for sure. Other books had notes for "light bend" or "light spine stress" and dropped the grades all the way down to 7.0's. This was a 25 book submission that I figured at least 19-20 at a 9.8 the others I knew would be lower I ended up with 9- 9.8's.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:45 AM, zzutak said:

Forget analogies.  :facepalm:  Just answer this:

You and your date arrive at one of the nicer local restaurants for dinner.  When you check in, the Maitre d' tells you the wait time to be seated will be about 20 minutes.  You thank him and take a (temporary) seat at the bar.  Thirty minutes later (you're pretty easy-going), your date tells you to find out what's up.  The Maitre d' tells you your "new" wait time to be seated will actually be 2 hours.  :whatthe:  Do you ever patronize that business again?  hm

Does everyone remember what PSA did last year once they realized they didn't have the capacity to meet the current demand for card certification?

I like this one better. 

On 5/6/2022 at 12:37 PM, billsid said:

It's really shocking I have an ASM#15 in a 3.5 that's so far off what my SW 42 looked like that if all the things wrong with it are true then it's going to be questionable for sure. Other books had notes for "light bend" or "light spine stress" and dropped the grades all the way down to 7.0's. This was a 25 book submission that I figured at least 19-20 at a 9.8 the others I knew would be lower I ended up with 9- 9.8's.

That is how my one order was like, exactly like yours but with 20 books. I pressed and cleaned the books myself, so I know that I would not have sent anything in with bends or spine stress without knowing that I did.

Then my previous order of 21 books that just came back, 20 M/FT and 1 WK and none of these books had any notes on them. I would think the WK would have at least since all of the WKs that I have sent in the past have had notes, but this one had nothing.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:07 AM, JollyComics said:

FYI for anyone who submitted your books for Slow track Economy tier.

The customer service told me that week of August 2 is now in the process.   Just hang in there.  :wishluck:

Received that week or SFG?  

On 5/6/2022 at 1:04 PM, universal soldier said:

Received that week or SFG?  

That would be, I assume, a same difference kind of thing.

At least from my knowledge, received was SFG for the past year, which brings to mind "is it really scheduled a year out upon received?" :makepoint: 

On 5/6/2022 at 2:10 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That would be, I assume, a same difference kind of thing.

At least from my knowledge, received was SFG for the past year, which brings to mind "is it really scheduled a year out upon received?" :makepoint: 

Not as I understand it and that recent posts in this thread have confirmed. My books were received on 7/12/21 but not opened until 9/2/21 and at that point, SFG.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:07 AM, JollyComics said:

FYI for anyone who submitted your books for Slow track Economy tier.

The customer service told me that week of August 2 is now in the process.   Just hang in there.  :wishluck:

I appreciate the positivity, I do, but it is no real change. How long does it take them to do a week of economy? Saying we are at date x is meaningless if we don't know where they were previously. I am cynical at this point. if they haven't done any in a month or 5, how many will they do before they stop again? After 1 day's worth, 1 month?

#Don'tPDownMyBackCGC&TellMeItsRaining

On 5/6/2022 at 1:12 PM, universal soldier said:

Not as I understand it and that recent posts in this thread have confirmed. My books were received on 7/12/21 but not opened until 9/2/21 and at that point, SFG.

Then you MEAN TO SAY DELIVERED not RECEIVED lol

On 5/6/2022 at 10:04 AM, drbanner said:

Suddenly, I'm hungry...I'll let everyone know how the lines are at the grocery store. :smile:

How'd you do?

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1651862803516.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM