• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,096 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2022 at 8:30 PM, captainzombie said:

We had that conversation about a week ago when they sent my one book last Saturday to G/E/I and I found it weird. So they must have people doing some work on Saturdays.

I know mine was for the Eastman signing that they posted recently happened. Good to know, I just hope workers don't find "burn out", we all need to rest sometime (thumbsu 

On 5/15/2022 at 1:30 PM, John1122 said:

Submissions from July 2021 are still not back and who knows when they will be at this point. Modern submission and an economy submission. Sometimes you need to bite the bullet and suspend intakes like PSA. 

you should call about your modern, afaik, they're done with december on moderns (thumbsu 

On 5/15/2022 at 8:30 AM, John1122 said:

Submissions from July 2021 are still not back and who knows when they will be at this point. Modern submission and an economy submission. Sometimes you need to bite the bullet and suspend intakes like PSA. 

I received some Modern and Economy within 4 months. However, there's several more to go.

On 5/11/2022 at 9:52 AM, gadzukes said:

My 8/11 2021 Sub still at SFG

I've heard people talking about "tighter grading" right now.  So, not only a long TAT, but tighter (lower) grades.  Ugh

If you want to buy a 9.8-10 grade you can always send your books to Oregon. Of course, what you get back in the mail might not always be *your* book(s), but a 9.8 facsimile edition reprint is just as good as the original right? :bigsmile:

On 5/14/2022 at 8:41 AM, Shockmaster said:

I was about to ask about the Economy tier. And then I saw this.

"I was gonna submit some books, and then I saw TAT's.

Wanted to flip an' make some money back, but then I saw TAT's.

I was gonna pay eBay prices for that key, an' then I passed; you know why?

Because I saw TAT's, because I saw TAT's, because I saw TAT's.

La-da-da-ta-da-da..." :bigsmile:

On 5/15/2022 at 6:42 PM, BabaLament said:

"I was gonna submit some books, and then I saw TAT's.

Wanted to flip an' make some money back, but then I saw TAT's.

I was gonna pay eBay prices for that key, an' then I passed; you know why?

Because I saw TAT's, because I saw TAT's, because I saw TAT's.

La-da-da-ta-da-da..." :bigsmile:

Nothing in your post relates to me. I have an Economy already submitted and was wondering what everyone else was experiencing. The books in my submission are for my personal collection, so no profit seeking there. Then I saw that post and figured I'd save my breath. 

Edited by Shockmaster

On 5/16/2022 at 6:00 AM, qlow said:

has anyone been getting lucky and getting lightning speed turnarounds on slow moderns as of late?

I've had really quick turnaround around over the past few months on slow track moderns, especially those with a pre-screen. I expect that to start drying up now though since they diverted some of their graders to help clear out the massive backlog in pre-1975 books. 

On 5/16/2022 at 5:00 AM, qlow said:

has anyone been getting lucky and getting lightning speed turnarounds on slow moderns as of late?

Yep, March 3rd 16 book submission already arriving back tomorrow.

On 5/14/2022 at 1:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh and I forget who was asking, but ccs charged me today for pressing. On 5/14/2022, so someone from that department is "working!"

:yeehaw:

When were your books received??? ty 

On 5/16/2022 at 11:00 AM, Ninja0215 said:
On 5/14/2022 at 12:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh and I forget who was asking, but ccs charged me today for pressing. On 5/14/2022, so someone from that department is "working!"

:yeehaw:

When were your books received??? ty 

it was for the Eastman Signing, so probably doesn't apply to TAT :cheers: 

but 5-03, the signing happened last week (thumbsu 

One of my three 2/242022 slow modern received submissions was just shipped. I received 12 - 9.8's, 6 - 9.6's, 6 - 9.4's and 1 - 9.0, with no grader notes.

I will give an update once the books are in hand, but my gut tells me the books were graded tight but fairly. Most of my non 9.8 graded copies were ones I had on the fence between 9.6 and 9.8 and between 9.4 nd 9.6.

On 5/16/2022 at 12:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are they still showing as Received by CCS?

On 5/16/2022 at 11:11 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 5/16/2022 at 11:10 AM, Ryan. said:

Are they still showing as Received by CCS?

yes indeed.

why do you know others that have moved already? hm

Hoping it is soon, just for the action and anticipation (shrug)

But I assumed it would still be a couple of weeks still?

On 5/16/2022 at 12:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Damn lol I have one economy slow track and 2 modern slow track. Just wanted to where I stood in line. 

My books went into G/E/I late last week, and then when I checked the submission tracking this morning they had already shipped. They have to be working around the clock and on the weekends over at CGC.

Out of 26 books, I had 14- 9.8, 9- 9.6, 2- 9.4, and 1- 8.0. Overall the grades were pretty good with what I had excepted, but that 8.0 and the one 9.4 should of graded much better. I thought the 8.0 would have hit a 9.4/9.6. Then I had a handful of 9.6s, that should have been a 9.8. The 8.0 was the only one that got grader notes and the mention a crease on the book, which there shouldn't have been any as I pressed and cleaned this book. I triple check everything before sending books over, not worth losing money on some of these books.

They did change something I think with the submission form. Last night I was prepping my order and usually you are able to add different tiers to 1 order, I think they took that away. I had to create a separate order for each single tier which was a real pain. I'll be sending over another 28 books, and I did weed out a few that I thought might not grade so well and will just sell those raw and look for better copies for my PC to have graded.

Edited by captainzombie

On 5/16/2022 at 12:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

why do you know others that have moved already? hm

Hoping it is soon, just for the action and anticipation (shrug)

But I assumed it would still be a couple of weeks still?

Nope, no update.