• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,096 posts in this topic

On 5/13/2022 at 8:36 AM, Petroman said:

My guess is that MODERN is by far the tier with the biggest volume.  I would also guess that the new graders that they have hired over the last year+ only grade MODERN tier books, and thus the reason why the TATs for MODERN and MFT have come down quite a bit.  This would leave the veteran graders to grade WALKTHROUGH, EXPRESS, STANDARD, ECONOMY FAST TRACK, and ECONOMY -- in that order.  Thus it seems that plain old ECONOMY is the ugly stepchild getting very little love.  Just conjecture on my part, but the stories I've read on this board about ECONOMY would seem to support it.

Discouraged yet?Tats have increased.:(

Screenshot (40).png

Edited by ak47po

On 5/13/2022 at 3:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That means there was a hiccup for it to go back a step? Idk who to tag to understand better. Possibly QC caught something and they asked the grading team about it? But idk procedure for it. Like if there was a problem they would have let you know? You'd think... Idk @The Lions Den? Maybe? I hate to bother cgc mike...

On 5/13/2022 at 3:26 PM, The Lions Den said:

As to what actually happened, I can only guess. But as long as the book has been finalized, it should be moving through the process...  (thumbsu

Thank you guys for helping understand what the issue could have been. It did end up shipping out today.

Wonder if there was an error caught during QC and had to be sent back to be fixed.

On 5/13/2022 at 2:59 PM, ak47po said:

Discouraged yet?Tats have increased.:(

Screenshot (40).png

I happen to know they are opening  boxes delivered in May and have been for at least a week. I wonder about the TATs on fast track though..I have two submissions. I also had a express opened and submitted today so we will see how long that takes.

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 5/14/2022 at 12:41 AM, Ed Hanes said:

I happen to know they are opening  boxes delivered in May and have been for at least a week. I wonder about the TATs on fast track though..I have two submissions. I also had a express opened and submitted today so we will see how long that takes.

It appears as the TAT on CGC updating their website has gone up.  I too have a submission received by CGC on 5/2 that was entered into their system on 5/9.  So whatever the "Now opening..." date shows (currently 4/18) is off by at least 2 weeks.  Thus it makes you question the veracity of the other numbers on that webpage.  Personally I don't look at them much, but I do prefer seeing them go down on average every time they update it.  This was not the case this week, so it could be that they are experiencing another submission surge.  My last several MFT submission have been completed in much faster times than that page would indicate, and many of the people reporting numbers on this site show MODERN submissions being turned around in 3-4 months.  ECONOMY is the nightmare, and I feel sorry for those waiting 9 months (and counting).

On 5/14/2022 at 5:54 AM, Petroman said:

It appears as the TAT on CGC updating their website has gone up.  I too have a submission received by CGC on 5/2 that was entered into their system on 5/9.  So whatever the "Now opening..." date shows (currently 4/18) is off by at least 2 weeks.  Thus it makes you question the veracity of the other numbers on that webpage.  Personally I don't look at them much, but I do prefer seeing them go down on average every time they update it.  This was not the case this week, so it could be that they are experiencing another submission surge.  My last several MFT submission have been completed in much faster times than that page would indicate, and many of the people reporting numbers on this site show MODERN submissions being turned around in 3-4 months.  ECONOMY is the nightmare, and I feel sorry for those waiting 9 months (and counting).

yeah..I have two economy ST from September...ugh...but the worst is a CCS pressing/grading economy ST that is still at CCS...that was received last June...I dont send anything economy ST anymore

On 5/14/2022 at 2:11 PM, Ed Hanes said:

I dont send anything economy ST anymore

I don't worry too much about TATs (although my patience does have limits). The QC issues going on down there however, combined with the seemingly "We don't care" attitude held by CGC, prompted me to make the decision last January not to send them anymore books to be graded.

On 5/14/2022 at 12:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh and I forget who was asking, but ccs charged me today for pressing. On 5/14/2022, so someone from that department is "working!"

:yeehaw:

We had that conversation about a week ago when they sent my one book last Saturday to G/E/I and I found it weird. So they must have people doing some work on Saturdays.