• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,009 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2022 at 11:53 AM, Ed Hanes said:

Last week I sent several tiers in the same box...but no 'sign' of the signings

Been in this boat several times, mixing submissions. They often put CGC-SS books to side that are less time sensitive than others. Especially when signing isn't scheduled yet. Earlier this year, I sent in 3 different submissions together and the Bagley signing was checked in like 3 weeks after the others ::shrug::

On 5/18/2022 at 5:25 PM, Bird said:

I am glad you are getting your books back, please do not misunderstand.

I know what you meant about a new ECONOMY thread. A least my submission wasn't F/T Modern.😁

What blows.......? Err my mind (thumbsu

Is that no one has even posted a fast track economy 

Me, bird, and a lot of others are here with slow track economy from August September and Oct last year

On 5/18/2022 at 6:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

What blows.......? Err my mind (thumbsu

Is that no one has even posted a fast track economy 

Me, bird, and a lot of others are here with slow track economy from August September and Oct last year

Here's my last Fast Track Economy Sub

Received 3/8/22

Shipped 4/6/22

It blew me away how fast it came back.  LESS THAN A MONTH TURNAROUND. 

Meanwhile, my Slow Economy was delivered 5/30/21.... received 8/11/21... and still in SFG status :facepalm:

In 2 days I will hit my 1 year anniversary since I shipped it to them. :(

Edited by gadzukes

On 5/18/2022 at 9:01 PM, gadzukes said:

Here's my last Fast Track Economy Sub

Received 3/8/22

Shipped 4/6/22

It blew me away how fast it came back.  LESS THAN A MONTH TURNAROUND. 

Meanwhile, my Slow Economy was delivered 5/30/21.... received 8/11/21... and still in SFG status :facepalm:

In 2 days I will hit my 1 year anniversary since I shipped it to them. :(

How was the grading?

1 Brian Michael Bendis/Mark Bagley Signature Series w/Pressing

1/28: Delivered to CGC

3/3: Received at CCS

4/27: GEI

4/28: G/QC

5/2: Shipped

5/7: Delivered

1 Chris Claremont Signature Series w/Pressing

3/17: Delivered to CGC

4/12: Received at CCS

5/18: SFG

On 5/5/2022 at 9:14 AM, CGC Mike said:

I was told we’re actually just shifting resources right now to tackle EC. You should be seeing some movement on that tier over the coming weeks.

Hey @CGC Mike, what the latest on this?  It's been almost two weeks, and I can tell you that ZERO progress has been made on the Economy Tier front.

You guys are still grading books received as of 8/2/21.  In Mid-April, you were grading books received the week of 7/28/21.   Moving at a snails pace IMHO, and CGC can give two craps about their customers....that is clear.  

• Administrator
On 5/19/2022 at 10:41 AM, iae21 said:

Hey @CGC Mike, what the latest on this?  It's been almost two weeks, and I can tell you that ZERO progress has been made on the Economy Tier front.

You guys are still grading books received as of 8/2/21.  In Mid-April, you were grading books received the week of 7/28/21.   Moving at a snails pace IMHO, and CGC can give two craps about their customers....that is clear.  

Lets give it another week, and I will check with Matt.  

3 book Modern slow submission 

2/18: Delivered to CGC

3/8: Received at CCS

??: GEI no info listed

??: G/QC no info listed

5/13: Shipped

5/19: Delivered

Timetable to get these is looking better BUT again for my second returned submission this month the grades just plain SUCK.

Darth Vader #3 PERFECT grade 9.6 no notes

Kanan Last Padawan #1 every so tiny color rub by staple grade 9.2 no notes expected 9.6 at worst

Moon Knight #1 2021 NYCC exclusive JTC cover Perfect grade 9.6 WITH NOTES!!! "frayed cover" this book is a negative space cover using very thick paper white with black image this is not a frayed cover but looks like a production issue with the coloring by the spine not the worst but still expected a 9.8

I have 5 SS books sent by the artist who signed and remarked the covers for me still waiting to be opened so Lord only knows what grades these will get.

On 5/19/2022 at 12:22 PM, billsid said:

3 book Modern slow submission 

2/18: Delivered to CGC

3/8: Received at CCS

??: GEI no info listed

??: G/QC no info listed

5/13: Shipped

5/19: Delivered

Timetable to get these is looking better BUT again for my second returned submission this month the grades just plain SUCK.

Darth Vader #3 PERFECT grade 9.6 no notes

Kanan Last Padawan #1 every so tiny color rub by staple grade 9.2 no notes expected 9.6 at worst

Moon Knight #1 2021 NYCC exclusive JTC cover Perfect grade 9.6 WITH NOTES!!! "frayed cover" this book is a negative space cover using very thick paper white with black image this is not a frayed cover but looks like a production issue with the coloring by the spine not the worst but still expected a 9.8

I have 5 SS books sent by the artist who signed and remarked the covers for me still waiting to be opened so Lord only knows what grades these will get.

I feel your pain. Once I noticed that my submission just went from GEI to Shipped in a matter of hours today, I knew the grades would be bad. Of course, I only got 3 out 25 book graded as 9.8's. Lots of 9.6's with no notes. These were books that I typically get 9.8's on, but decided to quick press them anyway (just in case). What a waste.

On 5/19/2022 at 1:20 PM, skybolt said:

I feel your pain. Once I noticed that my submission just went from GEI to Shipped in a matter of hours today, I knew the grades would be bad. Of course, I only got 3 out 25 book graded as 9.8's. Lots of 9.6's with no notes. These were books that I typically get 9.8's on, but decided to quick press them anyway (just in case). What a waste.

After you mentioned this a few weeks back, I had one submission of books exactly like yours.

My latest batch of books was sitting in SFG for a few days and now today 27 books went to G/E/I, so I hope I don't get that same grader we both had the last time because I fear about the grades.

I got a delivery of 25 books today from CGC, and 2 of them had pieces of plastic between the mylar and case. I looked at the books that got the 9.4s and 9.6s, and those should of been higher. Then the 8.0 which is an ASM 294 had some light non color breaking spine stress, yet they marked this book down this low. Very frustrating to say.

On 5/19/2022 at 1:26 PM, captainzombie said:

After you mentioned this a few weeks back, I had one submission of books exactly like yours.

My latest batch of books was sitting in SFG for a few days and now today 27 books went to G/E/I, so I hope I don't get that same grader we both had the last time because I fear about the grades.

I got a delivery of 25 books today from CGC, and 2 of them had pieces of plastic between the mylar and case. I looked at the books that got the 9.4s and 9.6s, and those should of been higher. Then the 8.0 which is an ASM 294 had some light non color breaking spine stress, yet they marked this book down this low. Very frustrating to say.

Sorry to hear that. The light stress lines that take a book down from 9.8 to 9.0 is really baffling for me. Last year I was getting 9.4's on books with 5 or 6 color breaking stress lines along the spine.

It's been a frustrating day since my other submission got mostly 8.0/8.5 grades due to a crunched corner during shipping. :(

On 5/19/2022 at 1:35 PM, skybolt said:

Sorry to hear that. The light stress lines that take a book down from 9.8 to 9.0 is really baffling for me. Last year I was getting 9.4's on books with 5 or 6 color breaking stress lines along the spine.

It's been a frustrating day since my other submission got mostly 8.0/8.5 grades due to a crunched corner during shipping. :(

Ah damn, sorry about those 8.0/8.5 grades. I have had some of those and they are so frustrating. I wish there was a way to contest these grades without having to crack, press, and resend books in costing us even more money.

Having 2-3 small spine stresses that barely even break color should not bring a book down to the 8.0 range. I am noticing this especially with books in the 80's and 90's. Are yours from the same timeframe as I am trying to figure out if there is a pattern going on right now with CGC and books from the 80's/90's where they are grading them unfairly?

I even had an Invincible Iron Man #1 with no issues at all, where I can swallow a 9.6 but that got a 9.0. This batch that came in today, there are some titles that should have been a 9.8, getting 9.6.

Edited by captainzombie

On 5/19/2022 at 1:50 PM, captainzombie said:

Ah damn, sorry about those 8.0/8.5 grades. I have had some of those and they are so frustrating. I wish there was a way to contest these grades without having to crack, press, and resend books in costing us even more money.

Having 2-3 small spine stresses that barely even break color should not bring a book down to the 8.0 range. I am noticing this especially with books in the 80's and 90's. Are yours from the same timeframe?

I even had an Invincible Iron Man #1 with no issues at all, where I can swallow a 9.6 but that got a 9.0. This batch that came in today, there are some titles that should have been a 9.8, getting 9.6.

Yup, most of the books I'm sending in are from the 80's and 90's. 

I recently got back a newsstand edition of FF #358 that was absolutely perfect. It was so perfect that I actually convinced myself that it could come back a 9.9. Of course, it came back a 9.0 with no grader notes. The only thing I can think of is that a newbie grader knocked the book down since the die cut cover naturally creates an indentation on the interior cover, which is normal for these types of books. I'm cracking and resubbing this book to see what happens. 

On 5/19/2022 at 2:26 PM, captainzombie said:

Sorry to hear about your 25 book sub I guess we got the same grader! LOL. 

I'm tempted to crack and resubmit most from my 25 submission  and all 3 from my submission today but I just can't stand the thought of the cost and time to only get screwed again. 

On 5/19/2022 at 2:01 PM, skybolt said:

Yup, most of the books I'm sending in are from the 80's and 90's. 

I recently got back a newsstand edition of FF #358 that was absolutely perfect. It was so perfect that I actually convinced myself that it could come back a 9.9. Of course, it came back a 9.0 with no grader notes. The only thing I can think of is that a newbie grader knocked the book down since the die cut cover naturally creates an indentation on the interior cover, which is normal for these types of books. I'm cracking and resubbing this book to see what happens. 

I am noticing the same issue with those older book from that time era. I see that the book is going for $200+, I'd resend it back in if I were you.

Another good example, I have an Uncanny X-Men #244 which should have easily been a 9.8 come back with a 9.4 and no grader notes. All sharp corners, no spine tics or bends/creases......so like, what is it that they gave it such a lower grade is what I can't figure out.

On 5/19/2022 at 2:05 PM, billsid said:

Sorry to hear about your 25 book sub I guess we got the same grader! LOL. 

I'm tempted to crack and resubmit most from my 25 submission  and all 3 from my submission today but I just can't stand the thought of the cost and time to only get screwed again. 

I agree. Unfortunately, based on my experience this year, you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting the same grader next time.