• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,040 posts in this topic

On 6/1/2022 at 12:17 PM, pastandpresentcomics said:

yes

awesome, that some are moving but :( that some aren't, I just wanted to be sure.

I've got modern slow received like 5/3 or 5/5 so at first I got excited lol 

On 6/1/2022 at 12:49 PM, pastandpresentcomics said:
5/2/22  25  4,025  MODERN  Scheduled for Grading
4/5/22  25  7,150  MODERN  Scheduled for Grading
4/1/22  25  6,800  MODERN  Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging
3/17/22  25  6,300  MODERN  Scheduled for Grading

I've got a modern from 3/9 still in SFG too.  I had assumed they stored submissions in the order they received them and worked through them that way, but there seems to be some weird randomness to the process with a one month variance (shrug)

• Administrator
On 6/1/2022 at 1:41 PM, Sporto said:

This thread has turned into a real person_without_enough_empathyfest. Yes, Economy tier is slow. That’s not what this thread is for.

i went back four pages and there are only like 3 submission updates…

From my prospective, this thread is staying on topic, and the posts are appropriate for the thread.  

On 6/1/2022 at 11:47 AM, ramrodcar said:

If you've already been charged, it shouldn't be long at all for them to go into grading.

Not necessarily. It seems many of my subs since March are being charged as soon as checked in. 

If having money tied up for weeks/months is a problem, some may need to consider pre-screening so charged closer to actual grading. Even if you want all graded regardless, could set threshold to a ridiculous minimum (3.5 or similar). It's about a delaying tactic for capital investment. Although, considering tighter grading standards, maybe a pre-screen will avoid nasty surprises 🤷‍♂️ 

I have 3 slow modern submissions.  One finally moved up to G/E/I.  It was the newest of those 3 from 3/25 lol

Then I see Greggy has two slow Modern from April already at that level.  There is no rhyme or reason on how they do anything with these orders. 

Edited by toro

On 6/1/2022 at 12:30 PM, Petroman said:

image.thumb.png.0afa70306b553486bed7be94a32e35b1.png

There really just seems to be no rhyme or reason to how they prioritize any of the tiers.  Your MFT books got through in a week and mine have been sitting there for 3.  If it means my grades will be more accurate I'm all for it.  Guess we'll see.  The only thing that really sux is that they have already charged me for both of the above submissions so I'm out $900 as I wait for my books.

The grades I got are head-scratchers on 4 out of 8.  2 that I'm absolutely shocked they're as high as they are and 2 that I'm stumped about how low they are, ESPECIALLY in the context of the ones that got 9.6 and the ones that didn't.  It makes no sense to me.  

On 6/1/2022 at 11:49 AM, pastandpresentcomics said:
5/2/22  25  4,025  MODERN  Scheduled for Grading
4/5/22  25  7,150  MODERN  Scheduled for Grading
4/1/22  25  6,800  MODERN  Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging
3/17/22  25  6,300  MODERN  Scheduled for Grading

That order is way off!   Your 4/1/22 is GEI but not 3/17/22 which is not in first order.  Mine is 3/18/22.  Jump all over orders.  That is terrible.

I feel like someone who cut the line over and over.

Edited by JollyComics

On 6/1/2022 at 2:45 PM, toro said:

I have 3 slow modern submissions.  One finally moved up to G/E/I.  It was the newest of those 3 from 3/25 lol

Then I see Greggy has two slow Modern from April already at that level.  There is no rhyme or reason to how they do anything with these orders. 

I agreed.  Mine 3/18 is still SFG.  Not in the order at all.

On 6/1/2022 at 12:42 PM, BorderlineHoarder said:

I've got a modern from 3/9 still in SFG too.  I had assumed they stored submissions in the order they received them and worked through them that way, but there seems to be some weird randomness to the process with a one month variance (shrug)

Awful randoms!

Just got back from a short holiday and there was some movement on a couple of orders while I was away.

Fast track submission with 9 moderns:

SFG - 5/25/2022, G/E/I - 5/27/2022, QC and shipped on 6/01/2022 (generally good but two results were head scratchers)

Slow Track submission with 25 moderns at a 9.8 pre-screen:

SFG - 3/18/2022, G/E/I - 5/27/2022, no other movement yet. 

On 6/2/2022 at 2:47 AM, ramrodcar said:

If you've already been charged, it shouldn't be long at all for them to go into grading.

I sent my 10 x Economy (not Fast Tracked) in June 11 last year. Received at CGC June 22, 2021. Not Accession (Opened) until August 18, 2021. My CC was charged on Sept 30 last year. It is nearly 1 year since sent and my comics are STILL in SFG. The TAT keeps changing but not my submission.

What is going on?