• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,009 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2022 at 8:56 AM, ak47po said:

Just a thought, maybe if CGC discovers a book has not cleaned and pressed by CCS but by someone else they deduct for non professional pressing and cleaning? CGC must see all the comments about people personally pressing their own books on this forum. Just spitballing. Are people pressing their own books a new thing or has this trend been going on for some time????

I’ve also always wondered if there was a CCS bump (which is why I use CCS BTW).  I know CGC is not supposed to know whose books they are grading when they come in and where they came from etc, but seriously… there has got to be something common among CCS books when submitted to CGC that would give this away.

On 5/27/2022 at 9:55 AM, Iconic1s said:

I’ve also always wondered if there was a CCS bump (which is why I use CCS BTW).  I know CGC is not supposed to know whose books they are grading when they come in and where they came from etc, but seriously… there has got to be something common among CCS books when submitted to CGC that would give this away.

I honestly think this could be a bigger factor with high end key books in the $10K + range (or maybe even $50k + range). 

I've submitted plenty of books via CCS and haven't seen a grade difference one way or the other. That being said, I will say that some CCS pressers are better than others.

On 5/27/2022 at 7:07 AM, Iconic1s said:

It’s been awhile…

B224B4EE-470F-4E81-8E56-11B1F583E1D6.jpeg.37c09413b5948467ff991d65488140f0.jpeg

On 5/27/2022 at 7:29 AM, Petroman said:

I wonder if they will send a Happy Anniversary card on the 11th.  Maybe even one with a discount voucher for your next CCS/CGC submission.

They should be!!!  This is sickening!  Mine is 10/2.  It's possible that my two books will be done in early 2023.

On 5/27/2022 at 11:49 AM, JollyComics said:

They should be!!!  This is sickening!  Mine is 10/2.  It's possible that my two books will be done in early 2023.

In addition to the 6/11/21 sub I’ve also got two subs that were received by CCS on 10/19/21… I try not to think about it too much but man, it really takes the excitement out of it to wait this long!!

I have this book I want to have subbed, but I won't because in order to ensure I get a poly bagged notation, I have to have CCS press it 

CGC, in its quest to make money, is alienating more people, eg money, than its attracting at this point

20210225_071811.jpg

On 5/27/2022 at 11:55 AM, Iconic1s said:

In addition to the 6/11/21 sub I’ve also got two subs that were received by CCS on 10/19/21… I try not to think about it too much but man, it really takes the excitement out of it to wait this long!!

Once you get your books back, you will start thinking of other books for other lag time.  I will NEVER send my books to CSS unless I have to use them for the restoration removal.

On 5/27/2022 at 12:04 PM, The Meta said:

I have this book I want to have subbed, but I won't because in order to ensure I get a poly bagged notation, I have to have CCS press it 

CGC, in its quest to make money, is alienating more people, eg money, than its attracting at this point

20210225_071811.jpg

Beautiful Newsstand Edition!

image.thumb.png.1f1e3451e5e2dab83004abfe4f2251a6.png

Some pretty significant decreases today.  Well for Fast Track and the more expensive tiers anyway.  Sorry ECONOMY, still no love.  I'm wondering if CGC is feeling the pressure from CBC's new guaranteed turn around times for the EXPRESS and above services. 

On 5/27/2022 at 4:17 PM, Petroman said:

Sorry ECONOMY, still no love.

from 220 to 210, 10 days is half a month so mEh I guess it would maybe help if any books were actually being shipped as well

On 5/27/2022 at 4:39 PM, Bird said:

modern FT is 4.3x regular and economy FT is 9x regular :facepalm:

they clearly are sending messages 1) pay for FT 2) don't send economy level to us anymore

Yes agreed.  Too bad they didn't tell you this 9 months ago.

On 5/27/2022 at 4:37 PM, Bird said:

from 220 to 210, 10 days is half a month so mEh I guess it would maybe help if any books were actually being shipped as well

Sweet now my 4 economy books are 9 business days overdue! :idea:

Too bad I'm still SFG :tonofbricks:

#wherethe:censored:aremyeconomybooks

• Administrator
On 5/28/2022 at 8:47 AM, Bird said:
On 5/19/2022 at 12:03 PM, CGC Mike said:

Lets give it another week, and I will check with Matt.  

:baiting:

Unfortunately, I think it will be a few more weeks before we see any change on Economy.  Sorry.

On 5/28/2022 at 9:52 AM, CGC Mike said:

Unfortunately, I think it will be a few more weeks before we see any change on Economy.  Sorry.

maybe new QC guy can make sure we won't be sending them back for the usual problems once they finally do unlock the economy tier room? Since the tier is frozen he can assure this whole tier is clean once it starts up again, perhaps, in addition to controlling the other tiers. It would be incredibly frustrating to get the books back with the types of errors we are seeing but with new QC guy watching when the tier opens again is a great opportunity to track new QC progress. (Unless TAT on new QC routine is increasing.)

it will be nice to place my snark elsewhere

Edited by Bird
it only mimics grammar at the end there but you get the drift