• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,097 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2022 at 9:05 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

My Standard submission received 5/19 is still in "Scheduled for grading" ...

I guess if we go by their posted Tats we're still within the threshold, but it's weird to hear someone who's "Standard subs" were received a week after mine and has theirs "shipped" already.

I'm sure mine will be shipped within a couple days, cuz they don't have problems with the Standard tier.  I'm just so frustrated with my Economy tier subs that it's affecting my expectations for all my other submissions.

September 2021 Magazine Slow Boat Shipment
Shipped to CGC               9/7
Delivered to CGC             9/10
‘Received’ by CGC           10/6        (18 business days later / 18 days so far)
Scheduled for Grading     10/6        (0 days later / 18 days so far)
Credit Card Charged        1/18        (66 business days later / 84 days so far)
Grading / Encapsulation   5/24        (81 business days later / 165 days so far)
Shipped                            5/31        (4 business days later / 169 days total)

On 5/26/2022 at 9:53 PM, skybolt said:

The staple pushed into the spine has knocked a couple of my books from 9.8 to 9.0.

I just got back a modern submission today and again it went from G/E/I to Shipped in a matter of hours. 12 - 9.8's, 7 - 9.6, 1 - 9.4, 2 - 9.2's, 1 - 9.0 and 2 - 8.5's. Not horrible grades, but I was upset my Newsstand Uncanny X-Men #275 came back a 9.6. That book was flawless. I'll give an update once I have the books in hand.

Just got this batch back today. After really careful inspection of each book I would say CGC was fairly spot on with 20 out 25 books. Most of the 50/50 books came back with the lower 9.6 grade, but that's totally understandable. As far as the other 5 books are concerned, I would say that one of the 9.2's, the 1 9.4 and 2 of the 9.6's look like 9.8's to me. Since CGC got 20 of the 25 books right, I'll assume I missed something on the interior cover or something. Wish there were grader notes for at least the 9.2 book. It is interesting that I submitted 6 copies of Action Comics #687 (in various submissions), expecting 9.8's, and all of them came back between 9.2 and 9.6. Not sure what CGC is looking for with respect to this book. The only really confusing one was an 8.5 grade with "crushed spine" as the only grader's note. I'm looking at the spine and other then one very minor spine stress line, I don't see any crushed spines. Not sure what that even really means (these books were not pressed).

As far as grader's notes are concerned, I wish CGC would provide them for books receiving 9.4 grades and lower if the defect is not noticeable to the naked eye. I honestly don't need grader's notes for the light spine stress lines designation for a 9.4 book if I can clearly see them with some lighting. The ones that look like 9.8's, but come back as 9.0's with no grader notes are the really frustrating ones.

On 5/31/2022 at 8:28 PM, gadzukes said:

I guess if we go by their posted Tats we're still within the threshold, but it's weird to hear someone who's "Standard subs" were received a week after mine and has theirs "shipped" already.

I'm sure mine will be shipped within a couple days, cuz they don't have problems with the Standard tier.  I'm just so frustrated with my Economy tier subs that it's affecting my expectations for all my other submissions.

I think some books are easier and faster to grade so maybe they are shipped early - . My concern with my submission is that they even not started yet . i hope its not lost or something 

On 5/31/2022 at 9:01 PM, skybolt said:

Just got this batch back today. After really careful inspection of each book I would say CGC was fairly spot on with 20 out 25 books. Most of the 50/50 books came back with the lower 9.6 grade, but that's totally understandable. As far as the other 5 books are concerned, I would say that one of the 9.2's, the 1 9.4 and 2 of the 9.6's look like 9.8's to me. Since CGC got 20 of the 25 books right, I'll assume I missed something on the interior cover or something. Wish there were grader notes for at least the 9.2 book. It is interesting that I submitted 6 copies of Action Comics #687 (in various submissions), expecting 9.8's, and all of them came back between 9.2 and 9.6. Not sure what CGC is looking for with respect to this book. The only really confusing one was an 8.5 grade with "crushed spine" as the only grader's note. I'm looking at the spine and other then one very minor spine stress line, I don't see any crushed spines. Not sure what that even really means (these books were not pressed).

As far as grader's notes are concerned, I wish CGC would provide them for books receiving 9.4 grades and lower if the defect is not noticeable to the naked eye. I honestly don't need grader's notes for the light spine stress lines designation for a 9.4 book if I can clearly see them with some lighting. The ones that look like 9.8's, but come back as 9.0's with no grader notes are the really frustrating ones.

Congrats on finally getting a pretty decent set of grades. Like you said, I think anything in the 9.6-9.4 and under should have some kind of grader notes. We are paying for these books to be graded and encapsulated, they should at least provide some kind of grader notes.

I have several 9.6-9.8 looking books get 9.0-9.2 range and it would be nice to know why,

On 5/31/2022 at 5:35 PM, Beastfeast said:

ABPbwMy.jpg

The difference between FT and slow Economy is ABSURDDDDDDD.

I was looking at that TAT today because I am finally getting my 70's comic books shipped, one box at a time, from the east coast. So far I have 24 pre-1975 that I'd like to send in for grading. 23 days is tempting but I estimate my old books will grade between 7.0 and 9.0 so even though there are some nice keys it's hard to justify the extra $15 per book when I'll also be paying shipping x3 and cleaning/pressing. One thing that I don't quite understand is why CGC is charging $35 but only offering $400 max insurance... (same as modern) and taking three times as long to grade.

On 5/31/2022 at 8:52 PM, jokiing said:

I was looking at that TAT today because I am finally getting my 70's comic books shipped, one box at a time, from the east coast. So far I have 24 pre-1975 that I'd like to send in for grading. 23 days is tempting but I estimate my old books will grade between 7.0 and 9.0 so even though there are some nice keys it's hard to justify the extra $15 per book when I'll also be paying shipping x3 and cleaning/pressing. One thing that I don't quite understand is why CGC is charging $35 but only offering $400 max insurance... (same as modern) and taking three times as long to grade.

It's not necessarily 23 days...my economy FT have been sitting in SFG for 35 business days

On 5/31/2022 at 8:35 PM, Beastfeast said:

ABPbwMy.jpg

The difference between FT and slow Economy is ABSURDDDDDDD.

This is so blatant, they aren't even trying to hide their intentions.

some-people-are-so-transparent.jpg

On 6/1/2022 at 7:33 AM, eastriver31400 said:

Wow. That’s bold.  

and do not forget that cgc mike told us last week that there would be no movement on economy for a few more weeks

On 6/1/2022 at 7:44 AM, Economy Joe said:

and do not forget that cgc mike told us last week that there would be no movement on economy for a few more weeks

I wonder if an Econ FT received today at CGC would beat a reg Econ that was received Aug of '21.

Today is June 1.... I have now officially passed the 1 year mark since I sent my slow Economy submission in.

Edited by gadzukes

On 5/31/2022 at 6:28 PM, gadzukes said:

My Standard received 04/01 still hasn’t shipped. 

On 6/1/2022 at 11:39 AM, Beastfeast said:

bAw1wsF.jpg

image.thumb.png.0afa70306b553486bed7be94a32e35b1.png

There really just seems to be no rhyme or reason to how they prioritize any of the tiers.  Your MFT books got through in a week and mine have been sitting there for 3.  If it means my grades will be more accurate I'm all for it.  Guess we'll see.  The only thing that really sux is that they have already charged me for both of the above submissions so I'm out $900 as I wait for my books.

On 6/1/2022 at 11:30 AM, Petroman said:

image.thumb.png.0afa70306b553486bed7be94a32e35b1.png

There really just seems to be no rhyme or reason to how they prioritize any of the tiers.  Your MFT books got through in a week and mine have been sitting there for 3.  If it means my grades will be more accurate I'm all for it.  Guess we'll see.  The only thing that really sux is that they have already charged me for both of the above submissions so I'm out $900 as I wait for my books.

If you've already been charged, it shouldn't be long at all for them to go into grading.

On 5/31/2022 at 6:09 PM, pastandpresentcomics said:
No movement on slow modern submissions lately.
5/2/22  25  4,025  MODERN  Scheduled for Grading
4/5/22  25  7,150  MODERN  Scheduled for Grading
4/1/22  25  6,800  MODERN  Scheduled for Grading
3/17/22  25  6,300  MODERN  Scheduled for Grading
4/1/22  25  6,800  MODERN  Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging
3/17/22  25  6,300  MODERN  Scheduled for Grading

On 6/1/2022 at 11:49 AM, pastandpresentcomics said:
4/1/22  25  6,800  MODERN  Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging