• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,086 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2022 at 3:42 PM, skybolt said:

This is interesting. These books just went from Shipped to G/E/I. Has this happened to anyone before?

So this afternoon I received 2 separate FedEx shipping notices.  I'm pretty sure one was for this submission and the other for another CCS submission. I get the feeling that instead of marking the second submission as shipped, they went back and changed this one to G/E/I instead. Need to e-mail CGC to make sure these books show up on the census. 

On 6/9/2022 at 7:25 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

I am also with a standard submission . My books where received 05/19 and tomorrow is the current TAT (15 days) but my status is still in "scheduled for grading" i am not happy because i paid $72 for each book (8 books) and i see people posting at FB who paid a lot less than me (economy with fast track or modern with fast track) already receiving their books with 7 day TAT´s 

Ive had an Express in GEI for over two weeks now..coming up on a month since received..about ten days longer than stated TAT

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 6/9/2022 at 8:24 PM, Ed Hanes said:

A little off topic...I am thinking about trying pre screen..are they charging for the entire submission when received then they refund later those that didnt make the cut..or do they wait to charge you after the screening?

I have done a few pre-screens and they always charge my card as soon as the order moves from G/E/I to quality quality control. It is kind of handy because you can use the amount they charge to figure out how many books passed the pre-screen before the info is added into the online system. 

On 6/10/2022 at 2:24 AM, Ed Hanes said:

A little off topic...I am thinking about trying pre screen..are they charging for the entire submission when received then they refund later those that didnt make the cut..or do they wait to charge you after the screening?

That's a really good question considering they are sometimes now charging you when they receive books (happened with my last 2 subs an MFT and MST both still SFG but fully paid).  I Would doubt they would go the route of issuing refunds as its an extra processing step so they would probably just charge you post prescreen.  If so its a good way to avoid being charged so far in advance of getting your books back.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:14 AM, JollyComics said:

There is a new thread for slow track economy in case if you are not aware of.

Slow Track Ecomony 9_9

I think the other thread is kind of a parody thread because no one has posted that they have gotten their books back

On 6/10/2022 at 11:14 AM, JollyComics said:

There is a new thread for slow track economy in case if you are not aware of.

Slow Track Ecomony 9_9

I know...it was a rhetorical question. I haven't seen anyone mention getting regular economy books back in months. :frustrated:

On 6/9/2022 at 5:24 PM, Ed Hanes said:

They bill you for the rejects and the grading fees on the ones that pass at the end. 

Oh My Stars and Garters!
Herbie Popnecker Examples: Recurring Gags: Fainting

My 15 book order that was sent to CGC and CCS (they split it into two orders one of 11 and one of 4) in April of last year and they opened of June last year.  Well they both came out of CCS a few days ago 6/8 and the four book lot is now in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging.

4/20/22
MODERN
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 6/10/22

4/20/22
MODERN
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 06/10/22

4/20/22
MODERN

4/20/22
PRESCREEN - MODERN

4/13/22
PRESCREEN - MODERN
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 06/09/22

4/12/22
PRESCREEN - MODERN

On 6/10/2022 at 12:05 PM, toro said:

Oh My Stars and Garters!
Herbie Popnecker Examples: Recurring Gags: Fainting

My 15 book order that was sent to CGC and CCS (they split it into two orders one of 11 and one of 4) in April of last year and they opened of June last year.  Well they both came out of CCS a few days ago 6/8 and the four book lot is now in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging.

Over a year?

On 6/10/2022 at 8:57 PM, JollyComics said:

Over a year?

Well it was over a year that they were taking in the sun and surf in Florida.  But the April submission didn't get official opened until early June of 21.  Then they sat in CCS until 6/8 when they were freed from captivity. 
If You Love Somebody Set Them Free - YouTube

On 6/9/2022 at 1:38 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

Why is the declared value $1 per book?

Just a habit. Keeps the shipping at a minimum. Keeps things simple. I worry about nothing until it’s time to worry I guess.

On 6/12/2022 at 1:25 PM, Junkdrawer said:

Just a habit. Keeps the shipping at a minimum. Keeps things simple. I worry about nothing until it’s time to worry I guess.

Wouldn't help anything anyway. Worrying is just wishing for things you don't even want

On 6/8/2022 at 12:39 AM, captainzombie said:

Holy "Grader Notes" heaven. At least you got a grader that placed their notes. I will get full submissions with no grader notes at all.

He won't last long.

On 6/12/2022 at 1:25 PM, Junkdrawer said:

Seems pretty risky to me.  What if CGC says they just lost/wrecked your books and then pay you the declared values of your books as compensation?  I always put a reasonable value down.  From what I can tell the declared value is also used when adding insurance to your books that get shipped back USPS.  So if USPS loses or damages your books you'd also only get the insured value back.  For FEDEX/UPS I don't think it matters and I know that FEDEX only insures for something pretty low like $100 per shipment.  I think that if you really are trying to cut down on shipping costs use FEDEX or UPS, but I'd still add in a reasonable value per book for the case where there are issues with the books while under CGC's control.

On 6/13/2022 at 6:35 AM, Petroman said:

Seems pretty risky to me.  What if CGC says they just lost/wrecked your books and then pay you the declared values of your books as compensation?  I always put a reasonable value down.  From what I can tell the declared value is also used when adding insurance to your books that get shipped back USPS.  So if USPS loses or damages your books you'd also only get the insured value back.  For FEDEX/UPS I don't think it matters and I know that FEDEX only insures for something pretty low like $100 per shipment.  I think that if you really are trying to cut down on shipping costs use FEDEX or UPS, but I'd still add in a reasonable value per book for the case where there are issues with the books while under CGC's control.

Seems like a “glass is half full” type of person. 🤔

On 6/13/2022 at 7:34 AM, ak47po said:

Seems like a “glass is half full” type of person. 🤔

Oops, my bad, my original response was 100% wrong!  Yes, agree, this guy is certainly a half full type.  Having been burned too many times in life I normally take the half empty approach when trusting others to do things right.

Edited by Petroman
poor response.