• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,076 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2022 at 11:52 AM, Still Only 20¢ said:

Slight increases to TATs for some of the lower tiers today:

Economy CGC: 210 -> 220 Days    Economy CCS 242 -> 244 Days

Modern CGC 73 -> 75 Days    Modern CCS 242 -> 244 Days

All of my modern submissions so far have gone through much faster than the listed TATs. We'll see how it plays out, but as it stands I am not at all concerned about small increases in what is listed. 

On 6/13/2022 at 3:17 PM, drbanner said:

Just like after my morning coffee...there has been movement:

Economy submittal received at CGC ~8/6/2021, shipped tomorrow. :headbang:

Wow! Good news! Slow track? With or without press?

@CGC Mikemike life!  :banana:

Thanks for any info you gave on these economy and just thankful that there are signs of life

On 6/9/2022 at 11:18 AM, skybolt said:

My 3rd CCS pressed submission was just shipped. 15 - 9.8's, 6 - 9.6's, 3 - 9.4's and 1 - 9.0. No grader notes. 

I'll check these books when they come back, but am relatively happy with the grades.

Here are the results for the last of my four 6/25/2021 slow modern CCS submissions that went into grading last week (a fifth one is still at CCS).

13 - 9.8's, 5 - 9.6's and 1 - 9.4. All in all 55 of the 94 books graded came back as 9.8. Not bad considering how badly I've done in recent submissions.

Edited by skybolt

I'm curious to know if others are seeing delays like this on their MFT submissions.  My prior one went from received to shipped in 8 calendar days.  My current one has been sitting there in SFG for over a month now and is now beyond the estimated TAT for MFT.  Worst of all is they have already charged me for that one and the MODERN sent in a week later.  Are they charging everyone earlier in the process now or am I just one of the "lucky" ones?

image.png

Edited by Petroman

On 6/14/2022 at 10:01 AM, Petroman said:

I'm curious to know if others are seeing delays like this on their MFT submissions.  My prior one went from received to shipped in 8 calendar days.  My current one has been sitting there in SFG for over a month now and is now beyond the estimated TAT for MFT.  Worst of all is they have already charged me for that one and the MODERN sent in a week later.  Are they charging everyone earlier in the process now or am I just one of the "lucky" ones?

image.png

Yes I have the same issue with one of my MFT. Two weeks past stated TAT and no movement.

image.thumb.png.31d9203ee33005d6714595be2d43c1ed.png

image.png

I believe Jennifer said in an "ask CGC" response that finance has recently changed how they do things so that now everybody gets charged very soon after the books are checked in.  I'm glad they're uniform about this now, as in the past I've been charged at the same time for books that were submitted months apart from each other.  One never knew when they were going to get charged, which is hard on people that try to budget their expenditures.  

image.png

I am being charged for everything except pre-screens within a day or so of the shipment being opened. 

On 6/14/2022 at 10:12 AM, djzombi said:

I believe Jennifer said in an "ask CGC" response that finance has recently changed how they do things so that now everybody gets charged very soon after the books are checked in.  I'm glad they're uniform about this now, as in the past I've been charged at the same time for books that were submitted months apart from each other.  One never knew when they were going to get charged, which is hard on people that try to budget their expenditures.  

While this is fine for most things, it does chap my rear a bit to be charged immediately for an Economy submission that I won't see again for a year. At this point, I feel like I'm using my books to buy CDs at a bank. The only benefit I see right now is that I can't be tempted to sell them, so hopefully they'll be worth more when I get them back in a year

Hello, anyone seen a delay with shipping from CGC?

Had a submission at CCS/CGC for 364 calendar days… got grades and shipping label created last Friday, 10 June… still not in USPS system Tues morning, 14 June.

Thanks for any info!

On 6/14/2022 at 10:13 AM, Stefan_W said:

I am being charged for everything except pre-screens within a day or so of the shipment being opened. 

Good to know.  So one way to delay the charge is to go the PRESCREEN route.  This makes sense to me since I'm sure its easier for them to do a single charge up front for the entire potential order cost and then a subsequent refund for books that got screened out.  Although I surmise that the reason they have started to do the upfront charge is to slow the tide of submissions as I think for many, myself included, having too much riding on ungraded books at CGC is not financially desirable.  So if everyone starts submitting order with PRESCREEN set to low values just to avoid the upfront charge they may move to a charge/refund model.

On 6/14/2022 at 10:57 AM, Petroman said:

Good to know.  So one way to delay the charge is to go the PRESCREEN route.  This makes sense to me since I'm sure its easier for them to do a single charge up front for the entire potential order cost and then a subsequent refund for books that got screened out.  Although I surmise that the reason they have started to do the upfront charge is to slow the tide of submissions as I think for many, myself included, having too much riding on ungraded books at CGC is not financially desirable.  So if everyone starts submitting order with PRESCREEN set to low values just to avoid the upfront charge they may move to a charge/refund model.

Prescreens are charged when they move from G/E/I and into Quality Control. Yeah, it is much easier to do it that way since that is the first time there can be an accurate and certain count of how much an order will cost.

However, I seriously doubt any motivation like to "slow the tide of submissions" is a factor in any decision that is made. CGC is a large business, and while having a backlog of submissions may be frustrating for us it very healthy from an organizational perspective. They are not going to discourage people from submitting to them. 

On 6/14/2022 at 7:55 AM, Iconic1s said:

Hello, anyone seen a delay with shipping from CGC?

Had a submission at CCS/CGC for 364 calendar days… got grades and shipping label created last Friday, 10 June… still not in USPS system Tues morning, 14 June.

Thanks for any info!

It could be on its way...Ive had this happen to me only to see it on my pouch the next day...I think this has to do with it being registered mail.