• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,036 posts in this topic

On 6/30/2022 at 11:23 AM, CGC Mike said:

Promoting competitors of CGC in any way isn't allowed.  I have removed a few posts.  

Mike, can you tell me if its common that a submission can be put in a wrong tier ? and if that happens how much time do they normally take to locate it ? 

Modern Slow Track CCS+CGC received 7/12/21, fell off the 8 month tracker 3/12/22, charged by CCS on 3/18/22, then went back to 'Received' status (I am assuming at CGC, but I'm not 100% sure).

Not having our orders on the submission tracker is the worst.  Current turn around time for this tier is 83 days. (83 days ago is approx. April 8th) I'm hoping for movement to SFG any day now.

How long have people been waiting between Received and SFG these days?  It looks like Greggy is a full two months ahead of me.

Edited by Droid81

• Administrator
On 6/30/2022 at 12:30 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

Mike, can you tell me if its common that a submission can be put in a wrong tier ? and if that happens how much time do they normally take to locate it ? 

It's not common, and we aren't sure that has happened.  I see Jennifer and Matt are assisting you with this.  I recommend giving it a few days, and it will be located and rushed through the system.

Mike

On 6/30/2022 at 12:23 PM, CGC Mike said:

Promoting competitors of CGC in any way isn't allowed.  I have removed a few posts.  

"Making us look bad is against the rules"

Just so everyone knows, this was deleted because I commented about another well known company offering guaranteed TATs on grading and pressing or your money back. 

What does CGC plan to do in response to this? Nothing, is my guess. Except for banning discussion of it. Keep that up Mike, you guys are just driving more long time loyal customers away

On 6/30/2022 at 12:07 PM, CGC Mike said:

It's not common, and we aren't sure that has happened.  I see Jennifer and Matt are assisting you with this.  I recommend giving it a few days, and it will be located and rushed through the system.

Mike

Ok thank you for the fast reply 

On 6/30/2022 at 12:59 PM, Droid81 said:

Modern Slow Track CCS+CGC received 7/12/21, fell off the 8 month tracker 3/12/22, charged by CCS on 3/18/22, then went back to 'Received' status (I am assuming at CGC, but I'm not 100% sure).

Not having our orders on the submission tracker is the worst.  Current turn around time for this tier is 83 days. (83 days ago is approx. April 8th) I'm hoping for movement to SFG any day now.

How long have people been waiting between Received and SFG these days?  It looks like Greggy is a full two months ahead of me.

Congratulations!  Sometimes, after submissions go through CCS, they are processed more quickly than posted TATs by CGC.  Hopefully, you'll be one of these lucky people.

If you've entered your submission number on the submission tracking page and received the message "Your submission is in the “Received” status. Line item detail is not yet available.", your submission is probably still in CCS (as my 3 submissions probably also are :().

Edited by Still Only 20¢
Added 2nd paragraph.

• Administrator
On 6/30/2022 at 1:33 PM, Nic8612 said:
On 6/30/2022 at 12:23 PM, CGC Mike said:

"Making us look bad is against the rules"

Just so everyone knows, this was deleted because I commented about another well known company offering guaranteed TATs on grading and pressing or your money back. 

What does CGC plan to do in response to this? Nothing, is my guess. Except for banning discussion of it. Keep that up Mike, you guys are just driving more long time loyal customers away

What you posted was against the terms of use.  I allow a lot to be discussed here.  It's not up to you to decide what is ok or not.  BTW reposting removed posts is against the terms of use as well.  If it happens again, you will be warned through the points system, and I will be generous.

On 6/30/2022 at 2:07 PM, CGC Mike said:

What you posted was against the terms of use.  I allow a lot to be discussed here.  It's not up to you to decide what is ok or not.  BTW reposting removed posts is against the terms of use as well.  If it happens again, you will be warned through the points system, and I will be generous.

Didn't realize discussion of changes to industry norms was against the rules. You're not making yourself look any better here by threatening people 

• Administrator
On 6/30/2022 at 2:10 PM, Nic8612 said:

Didn't realize discussion of changes to industry norms was against the rules. You're not making yourself look any better here by threatening people 

It wasn't a threat.  You were promoting the competitors.  I could have just given you points, instead of making a post in this thread.  After removing your post, you decided you would post most of it again.  That is not ok.  If it happens a 3rd time you will receive 5 points on your account.  That is a fact and all I have to say on this matter.  

20.  Posting images of competitors books, or promoting a competitors company in any way.  

On 6/30/2022 at 2:19 PM, CGC Mike said:

It wasn't a threat.  You were promoting the competitors.  I could have just given you points, instead of making a post in this thread.  After removing your post, you decided you would post most of it again.  That is not ok.  If it happens a 3rd time you will receive 5 points on your account.  That is a fact and all I have to say on this matter.  

20.  Posting images of competitors books, or promoting a competitors company in any way.  

feel a lot better about not renewing my membership now

On 6/30/2022 at 9:59 AM, Droid81 said:

I had a few modern submissions for slow track CCS all officially marked as received 7/16/21, all charged on 3/3/22, yet only one of the 3 submissions has seen further movement which was SFG 6/24/22, GEI 6/29. Of note the one that moved was the custom label submission. The other modern submissions were 1 sub of normal blue labels, and a 1 book sub that was a SS previously slabbed yellow label, even though these were all shipped together and charged together these others have not moved yet. 

But to answer your main question it appears as though when they come from CCS, and finally land in SFG they do move relatively quickly.

On 6/30/2022 at 1:33 PM, Nic8612 said:

... company offering guaranteed TATs on grading and pressing or your money back. What does CGC plan to do in response to this? 

Based on the staggering price increases and exponential expansion of TATs on non-express books at that other company, I think CGC should not follow that example! It's not working out well. 

• Administrator
On 7/1/2022 at 12:20 PM, ak47po said:

Does anyone know how many times a week CGC picks USPS parcels? Mine was delivered and has been sitting in the Sarasota PO for two days waiting for pickup.(shrug)

We don't go to the PO to pick up parcels.  The USPS delivers them to us.  

On 7/1/2022 at 12:45 PM, Barth said:

Economy from 8/12/21 has shipped today 07/01/22

Will this news make economy joe change his attitude about the Economy tier? I hope so, we want Bird back! 

Edited by ak47po

On 7/1/2022 at 9:20 AM, ak47po said:

Does anyone know how many times a week CGC picks USPS parcels? Mine was delivered and has been sitting in the Sarasota PO for two days waiting for pickup.(shrug)

Took mine about 2-3 business days to show up on my account after it was shown as "delivered to the PO box" on the USPS website. You'll be fine.