• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,088 posts in this topic

Is it odd?

That CGC usually marked shipped but it doesn't go to the carrier until the next day? @CGC Mike is it still noon pick up? Seems that tracking still doesn't register as received by carrier until evening anyway so I was just curious.

My Eastman marked shipped today, but is marked for tomorrow. Seems usual cgc delivery means a Monday where I live, but it almost had a chance of this week if out today when it was ready for shipped.

Just curious rantrant

On 7/12/2022 at 12:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is it odd?

That CGC usually marked shipped but it doesn't go to the carrier until the next day? @CGC Mike is it still noon pick up? Seems that tracking still doesn't register as received by carrier until evening anyway so I was just curious.

My Eastman marked shipped today, but is marked for tomorrow. Seems usual cgc delivery means a Monday where I live, but it almost had a chance of this week if out today when it was ready for shipped.

Just curious rantrant

Happened to myrecent submission. Updated to Shipped on 7/11/22, but the date actually displayed under the Shipped column read 7/12/22. Tracking still provided on 7/11/22, and it did show that the carrier (FedEx) was in possession of the item on 7/11/22.

On 7/12/2022 at 12:23 PM, PickleRick1216 said:

Can anyone provide guidance or an opinion on why a 24 x book modern order would be stalled at G/E/I since 6/20/22? It was marked received on 4/7/22 with no other added services.

I have been watching this thread for weeks and it seems that other people with modern orders received well after mine are getting Q/C and shipped.

I emailed customer service about it last week and they told me there was no issue with my order and books received on 3/16/22 are currently entering quality control which is ridiculous. Greggy has been posting updates all day with modern orders received 5 weeks after mine that have already shipped.

Anyone have any insight? @CGC Mike?

No one knows why this happens, but its become common knowledge . The "First In, First Out" policy was seemingly thrown out the window, and the explanation provided some time ago was that a new process/workflow was being implemented. This resulted in Modern submissions that were received more recently getting out the door in lightspeed time, and those that were received well before still sitting. Nobody knows, and everyone just accepts it since they get lucky every now and then.

On 7/12/2022 at 3:22 PM, Aarrow108 said:

Happened to myrecent submission. Updated to Shipped on 7/11/22, but the date actually displayed under the Shipped column read 7/12/22. Tracking still provided on 7/11/22, and it did show that the carrier (FedEx) was in possession of the item on 7/11/22.

ah bless you, good to know :) 

On 7/12/2022 at 3:23 PM, PickleRick1216 said:

Can anyone provide guidance or an opinion on why a 24 x book modern order would be stalled at G/E/I since 6/20/22? It was marked received on 4/7/22 with no other added services.

I have been watching this thread for weeks and it seems that other people with modern orders received well after mine are getting Q/C and shipped.

I emailed customer service about it last week and they told me there was no issue with my order and books received on 3/16/22 are currently entering quality control which is ridiculous. Greggy has been posting updates all day with modern orders received 5 weeks after mine that have already shipped.

Well your books must be stacked on top of my books. I came by just to vent more than anything. I've got one Modern submission of 22 books that was marked received back on 3/2 and has been stuck in G/E/I since MAY. 90+ working days and counting. I've had multiple subsequent Modern and even Prescreen Modern submissions get completed and shipped back weeks ago. But this one order seems to be stuck in the CGC black hole. I broke down and called last week and got the expected canned response. "Everything looks fine. No red flags." :tonofbricks:

On 7/12/2022 at 5:24 PM, Willbert said:

Well your books must be stacked on top of my books. I came by just to vent more than anything. I've got one Modern submission of 22 books that was marked received back on 3/2 and has been stuck in G/E/I since MAY. 90+ working days and counting. I've had multiple subsequent Modern and even Prescreen Modern submissions get completed and shipped back weeks ago. But this one order seems to be stuck in the CGC black hole. I broke down and called last week and got the expected canned response. "Everything looks fine. No red flags." :tonofbricks:

FWIW I have found that the longer the TAT on MODERN books the better (i.e. more reliable) the grades.  Others have speculated that each grader has a queue of books, so maybe this explains it.  The better, more senior graders take longer to grade books and thus come up with more accurate grades.  Will be interested to hear how you guys do grades-wise on these submissions.  Good luck!

1st Submission -  Received 5/16/2022 by CGC - Standard Tier -  Grading & Pressing of 8 Comics - Updated from Pressing to Scheduled for Grading on 7/1/22

2nd Submission - Received 5/25/22 by CGC   -   Standard Tier  - Grading & Pressing of 4 Comics - Still in CSS Pressing 

3rd Submission -  Received 5/27/22 by CGC - Modern Tier - Fast Track Grading & Pressing of 8 Comics - Updated from Pressing straight to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging TODAY? 

My inquiry to CGC:

Please advise how my submission I submitted last and in the Modern Tier which should have took way longer in pressing than the other two Standard submissions has already made it to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging? How did the Modern Submission skip the Scheduled for Grading phase? Did they all get pressed? I am not sure how they passed up my two Standard Submissions?
Is there a problem with the other two Standard submissions?
Please advise. Thank you!

CGC's Response: 

Thank you for your inquiry.  Currently, we are testing out a new production process, the end goal of which is to speed up our overall service times for all departments.  During this testing phase, you may see some individual invoices being processed at a much faster rate than other invoices or the normal turnaround time for that tier. We are hopeful that if this new process is successful after the testing phase, we can implement this on all submissions and tiers to dramatically improve all turnaround times.  Rest assured this submission was pressed and there is nothing wrong with your other submissions. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Still hard to figure this - that under this new process that evidently speeds up pressing by 5 months for the Modern Tier, skips the scheduled for grading phase and moves straight to grading/encapsulation/imaging while a Standard submission that was received 2 days earlier still sits in pressing. (now past the current turnaround time for that tier.)

On 7/12/2022 at 6:49 PM, O Doyle Rules said:

1st Submission -  Received 5/16/2022 by CGC - Standard Tier -  Grading & Pressing of 8 Comics - Updated from Pressing to Scheduled for Grading on 7/1/22

2nd Submission - Received 5/25/22 by CGC   -   Standard Tier  - Grading & Pressing of 4 Comics - Still in CSS Pressing 

3rd Submission -  Received 5/27/22 by CGC - Modern Tier - Fast Track Grading & Pressing of 8 Comics - Updated from Pressing straight to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging TODAY? 

My inquiry to CGC:

Please advise how my submission I submitted last and in the Modern Tier which should have took way longer in pressing than the other two Standard submissions has already made it to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging? How did the Modern Submission skip the Scheduled for Grading phase? Did they all get pressed? I am not sure how they passed up my two Standard Submissions?
Is there a problem with the other two Standard submissions?
Please advise. Thank you!

CGC's Response: 

Thank you for your inquiry.  Currently, we are testing out a new production process, the end goal of which is to speed up our overall service times for all departments.  During this testing phase, you may see some individual invoices being processed at a much faster rate than other invoices or the normal turnaround time for that tier. We are hopeful that if this new process is successful after the testing phase, we can implement this on all submissions and tiers to dramatically improve all turnaround times.  Rest assured this submission was pressed and there is nothing wrong with your other submissions. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Still hard to figure this - that under this new process that evidently speeds up pressing by 5 months for the Modern Tier, skips the scheduled for grading phase and moves straight to grading/encapsulation/imaging while a Standard submission that was received 2 days earlier still sits in pressing. (now past the current turnaround time for that tier.)

Hmmm. I guess it's just up to you if you're feel good with this?I honestly don't know how I'd feel ... lucky that they're done so quick or unlucky that this just seems too weird. Did you have an idea of what kind of grades the books should receive?

On 7/12/2022 at 6:55 PM, Gaard said:

Hmmm. I guess it's just up to you if you're feel good with this?I honestly don't know how I'd feel ... lucky that they're done so quick or unlucky that this just seems too weird. Did you have an idea of what kind of grades the books should receive?

Not so great. Was the Modern Tier books rushed though pressing at a pace that sacrificed quality or did my Standard books take a back seat to them in the process just to push them through? I paid more money to get 4 Standard tier books graded than I did the 8 Modern books - I would have liked to got them back first. The Modern tier book were not even mine - they were my son's - so I am uncertain about grade expectations for them. 

Submissions all delivered to CGC Jul 26, 2021.  All Slow Track.
    Economy    22 books    
        Received at CCS Jul 27, 2021
        Charged for CCS May 9, 2022
        SFG Jul 12, 2022

Modern    25 books    
        SFG Jul 12, 2022

Modern     6 books     
        SFG Jul 12, 2022

• Administrator
On 7/12/2022 at 3:23 PM, PickleRick1216 said:

Please send me a PM with your submission number and your customer ID number, and I will check into this for you.

Mike

• Administrator
On 7/12/2022 at 3:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is it odd?

Just curious rantrant

I am not sure.  It is possible that the carrier couldn't scan all of the boxes that day.  I know we have had 10 pallets worth, and 1 carrier to scan and pick them up.  I believe they now send 2 most days.  .  

On 7/12/2022 at 7:44 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am not sure.  It is possible that the carrier couldn't scan all of the boxes that day.  I know we have had 10 pallets worth, and 1 carrier to scan and pick them up.  I believe they now send 2 most days.  .  

Thanks! Its appreciated, it's a small thing, not much to do about it, was curious though :)

2 Adam Kubert Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

1 Jim Lee Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

10 Modern

7/11: Delivered to CGC

7/12: SFG

On 7/11/2022 at 8:22 PM, trademarkcomics said:

Standard tier. Received 6/14, still SFG. When I picked the tier it was about two weeks out. Every time I check the TAT it moves out to where it's always 2 weeks before I could even start to complain. At this rate, I feel like it could look like this  close to a year from now(and I would still be two weeks out before I could contact someone):

standardfutureTAT.thumb.png.fde2fd4206d90e2fa83d4cf90a62dd4a.png

:roflmao:

The day after I post this it moved to GEI...

will.gif.0594c34ba8659346c7ef67275cd6e3fc.gif

Order #: CGC3212116929
Received: 2/25/22

Third week this Ronin Signature and Remarqes submission has been sitting in GEI.

Walk Thru Submission now seeing SFG
Order #: CGC2151375993
Received: 7/11/22

:cheers: